Massive guest room refurbishment project of several Disney resorts begins this summer

RiversideBunny

Prices are normally increased at the start of the calendar year if an increase is to be made.
It seems to be done across the board for all resorts.

:)

wdwfan4eva

I stayed at BWV 2 weeks ago and thought they were in pretty good shape, at least my room was good. I actually started liking it better than SSR, which is my 'home' resort. BWV was also replacing some siding and roofing while I was there, too.

I think something was mentioned on another thread about them upgrading the TVs to Flat Panel ones, if I'm not mistaken...:veryconfu

Disneykidder

Room refurbs are always a good thing. Even though we don't spend much time in the resorts, having a clean, fresh room is much appreciated. Any chance of mattresses in the redo?

Yanks07

Sounds like some much needed TLC. Our Feb. stay @ BWV had a clean room but very worn carpet. Look forward to the updates.

DisneyJoe

Prices are normally increased at the start of the calendar year if an increase is to be made.
It seems to be done across the board for all resorts.

:)

Room only pricing for the new year is usually released in June/July with package pricing following in August, so we should know soon.

DonaldDoleWhip

I hope that flat screen TVs are included with this massive room update. Right now in the American parks, only some of the high-end hotels have flat screens in the room (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villas, and Grand Californian).

At Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Wilderness Lodge Villas, I'll definitely be expecting flat screens. However, it would be nice if they were included at CB and CS as well.

tecowdw

I'm curious to see what style direction they go. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of many of the hotel room interiors. Contemporary's new look is really nice, although not very "Disney" specific. The Polynesian's new rooms don't look bad either.

But many of the rooms, even the Grand Floridian, just have too much going on with the wallpaper and the comforters, for my taste at least.

Wouldn't it be great if some early pictures of the room mock-ups for the new designs were available? I like the Poly updates, albeit it dark, but I don't care for the Wilderness Lodge redesign they did at all. The curtains are just heavy and ugly and they changed the closest and bathroom doors with a cheap paint job ~ high gloss, brush marks. Ugh! It was already chipping off in one of the rooms I was in. I MUCH preferred the previous color scheme!

Jodileigh

Does this really mean anything for my family staying at CBR in early August?

I don't know anything about the rooms part, but I do know that the main pool will be closed for refurb in early August. We originally had booked CBR, but upon finding that out through my travel pixie, we opted for POR since my oldest son is a big swimmer and the main pool is a BIG deal for him! Just an FYI!

Jodi

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the info Steve.

This does seem like a lot of rooms to be going out at once. I would imagine bookings are of a few points to have this many go down. It is not uncommon to see one resort have rooms down, but 2 or 3 at a time.

bgraham34

I am very happy to hear that they will be working on VWL. Since that will be my home resort an upgrade will be welcomed.

djkidkaz

I know there was talk last year about turning the CBR rooms into a more Pirate themed style. You can see they've added pirates to the shop and they are giving the new pool a large ship, so it would seem that Caribbean Beach is turning into Pirates of the Caribbean beach. Many people staying there are probably expecting more pirate stuff and get disappointed when there isn't much. Just imagine if today was your first day ever looking into your first Disney vacation and you saw an option to stay at a place called Caribbean Beach. Your first comparison would be Pirates of the Caribbean. Lets hope pirates are into flat screen tv's! :sohappy:

Shaman

CBR really needs it. Nice to see Disney giving the other resorts some TLC, especially some of the non-deluxe resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom