Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bryanfze55

Disney is all about PR I am sure they are thinking-- we open to early and WDW becomes the source of covid-19. via guest going home to their respective States the adverse PR will hurt them even more than the current closure.

It’s difficult to impossible to contact trace a disease that’s so contagious. I doubt Disney (or any institution) could be singlehandedly blamed for any outbreaks.

rwdavis2

People can't be bothered listen to simple instructions like "stay inside" or "stay six feet apart." I seriously doubt they would pay any attention to instructions on how to properly use a mask.
Or no flash photography and move the whole way down the aisle.

CaerDallben

For years, Disney hasn't let adults come into the parks with masks. Even on days where costumes are allowed, masks were never allowed. I understand that now they might be required? So why did they ban them for so make years? Are those reasons not valid anymore?
I can't picture myself taking a picture with a mask in front of the castle. When I go to Disney, I want to take a break from real life, and that includes pandemias.

Goofyernmost

My feeling is this. What you want to do is your business. If you think taking that risk is worth a short period of time to see a place full of fantasy. I am the first one be understanding about how inconsistent and untrustworthy the Gubment has been through all this, I certainly can understand why so many people are not wanting to do it anymore. It is impossible to explain that the numbers might have become smaller is because of the steps taken and not in spite of them. So, if we are at a place, especially in Florida, where against all medical advice we no longer need to take those precautions, then you are on your own. I truly hope that your uneducated decision that it is OK is the right one. Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I will not be participating in your gamble though. When the all clear is sounded, I will join you, but until then you are not going to pass it along to me. I'll be home! Enjoy yourself and good luck.

jensenrick

. But in reality, no one wants to go to Disney World if they have to wear a mask before they enter.

That's demonstrably not true, as evidenced in this thread. Many people, including myself, are quite willing to wear a mask, if it means getting into WDW.
For that matter, I'll probably be wearing a mask, whether it's required or not.

Lilofan

That's demonstrably not true, as evidenced in this thread. Many people, including myself, are quite willing to wear a mask, if it means getting into WDW.
For that matter, I'll probably be wearing a mask, whether it's required or not.
I've noticed wearing the mask in hot weather, the sweat on my forehead drips down and soaks the mask to be full of sweat and smells like sweat. It's something to get used to ( or not ).

disney4life2008

For years, Disney hasn't let adults come into the parks with masks. Even on days where costumes are allowed, masks were never allowed. I understand that now they might be required? So why did they ban them for so make years? Are those reasons not valid anymore?
I can't picture myself taking a picture with a mask in front of the castle. When I go to Disney, I want to take a break from real life, and that includes pandemias.
I hope they consider the issues regarding race and masks as well. People already get scared of me when they see a black man and I'm a doctor.

John park hopper

My feeling is this. What you want to do is your business. If you think taking that risk is worth a short period of time to see a place full of fantasy. I am the first one be understanding about how inconsistent and untrustworthy the Gubment has been through all this, I certainly can understand why so many people are not wanting to do it anymore. It is impossible to explain that the numbers might have become smaller is because of the steps taken and not in spite of them. So, if we are at a place, especially in Florida, where against all medical advice we no longer need to take those precautions, then you are on your own. I truly hope that your uneducated decision that it is OK is the right one. Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I will not be participating in your gamble though. When the all clear is sounded, I will join you, but until then you are not going to pass it along to me. I'll be home! Enjoy yourself and good luck.
These same people that want to push the opening of WDW will be the first ones screaming for medical attention when they get sick. I ask is it fair to the already over worked stressed out nurses and doctors who have been dealing with this for months. I'm with you I'm not a gambler

Lilofan

I hope they consider the issues regarding race and masks as well. People already get scared of me when they see a black man and I'm a doctor.
Times have certainly changed. Pre corona in my area, you were not allowed to enter a liquor store, gun store or a bank wearing a mask. I'm not a smoker and don't like to breathe second hand smoke. Wearing the mask can only help!

Last edited:

seascape

Times have certainly changed. Pre corona in my area, you were not allowed to enter a liquor store, gun store or a bank wearing a mask. I'm not a smoker and don't like to breathe second hand smoke. Wearing the mask can only help!
So true. I remember my old bank in Gateway Center, Newark, NJ that has a sign on the door, no guns and no masks. Since the mask has changed, how about the guns?

Goofyernmost

So true. I remember my old bank in Gateway Center, Newark, NJ that has a sign on the door, no guns and no masks. Since the mask has changed, how about the guns?
They fixed that problem by not having the lobby open around here. ATM's or Drive through only! In my opinion, it will stay that way for everything except loan consultation and account opening and closing.

Lilofan

They fixed that problem by not having the lobby open around here. ATM's or Drive through only! In my opinion, it will stay that way for everything except loan consultation and account opening and closing.
And I would have to make an appointment to get to my safety deposit box in the bank.

disney4life2008

I agree. And to the posters argument, Disney never allowed masks on adults. It will be interesting how they navigate this. And all masks aren't the same.

Lilofan

I agree. And to the posters argument, Disney never allowed masks on adults. It will be interesting how they navigate this. And all masks aren't the same.
It's a shoplifters dream to steal City Hall. The hidden cameras cannot identify the face of the bad guy since the mask covers half the face in addition to the sunglasses and hat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom