Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

NickMaio

They have said time and again, the masks are not to protect the wearer. They are to protect the people around the wearer. It's sole purpose is to protect other people if you cough or sneeze. That's it. The surgeon general said so again at this evening's news conference.
Yes...yes...yes.....but when you take it off to eat, drink or on a ride.
You may as well have never brought one in the first place.
Removing your mask at the park makes zero sense.

NickMaio

The more I think about it I just don't think masks are practical in the Florida heat. They will soak through, people will constantly be picking at them which gives you an even bigger chance of getting the virus on your hands and then on your face at some point. All of the artcles I've seen from the task force discussing what procedures might be in place when the parks open involve crowd levels, virtual queues, testing peiople coming in, etc. I don't think I've seen one say anything about masks.
Bingo.....in order for a mask to be effective it needs to be dry.
Moist or wet masks can actually let in or out particles.

surfsupdon

As soon as masks are not required, I will stop wearing mine indoors.
If Disney had mask requirements indoors, for example, I would not be wearing one at the quiet pool.

Lilofan

I think my hearing is ok but I tend sometimes to ask someone to repeat themselves when they are wearing a mask. Somehow the words coming out of someone's mouth is muffled wearing the mask.

Lilofan

If one wants to find out what is wearing a mask feels like in the summer heat, just eat a heavily scented lunch, then put your mask back on while going back outside in the heat. Between having trouble breathing at times, you would be smelling what you ate for lunch mixed with your sweat being absorbed by the fibers of the mask.

Meg4theMouse

In the Parks
No
In that heat wearing a mask that from what I have experienced just going to the Grocery Store has been somewhat difficult to breathe in would be hectic for that period of time and the walking. I will wait until things improve where masks are a thing of the past.

MissViv

I just booked a flight to Orlando in October because the airfare was so CHEAP! $69 ea. way.

But, I am waiting to see what happens between now and then. I do not feel safe flying now, that is for sure and I am anxious to see when and how Disney is going to open the parks. I will NOT wear masks. Also, will not go if Epcot & AK is not open.

Looking at resorts because they do not discount for October and leaning towards Poly but we shall see. POFQ was already sold out.

MikeN

My wife and I have had reservations since January for the end of June. We have gone for the last eight years celebrating our anniversary and do not want to miss this year if possible. We are cautiously optimistic that WDW will reopen by then, but if it is not, we will schedule for later in the year.

As far as wearing a mask…We are such big fans we would be willing to wear three masks if it is required. :)

zengoth

I asked this once and they said what's the point of washing your hands if you're touching the handle or doorknob of the door to exit the bathroom anyways which is way more dirty. I asked them do you put hand sanitizers when you leave? They said no! LOL!
Trying to do the elbow trick with the paper towels at wdw was always a treat. Never understood why they never ponied up to invest in contactless paper towel dispensers with the motion detectors. Bet they will now

Giss Neric

The reasoning of some people here, over analyzing the purpose of masks, is ridiculous. In a lot of countries, you will not even be allowed to enter any grocery, essential goods stores without a mask and temperature check first. The first world problems is obvious here (heat, moist, discomfort, etc.) Just deal with it, it's just temporary. Temporary might take a while, but it is temporary.

Herdman

The reasoning of some people here, over analyzing the purpose of masks, is ridiculous. In a lot of countries, you will not even be allowed to enter any grocery, essential goods stores without a mask and temperature check first. The first world problems is obvious here (heat, moist, discomfort, etc.) Just deal with it, it's just temporary. Temporary might take a while, but it is temporary.

I think a lot of people's point is that the mask won't be effective in the Florida heat in the parks, not that it's hot or uncomfortable. If the mask soaks through it won't be likely to keep particles out, and people will be picking at it with greater risk of getting the virus on your hands.

Certinly should be used for stores, markets, etc. without a doubt

Walt Disney1955

I think a lot of people's point is that the mask won't be effective in the Florida heat in the parks, not that it's hot or uncomfortable. If the mask soaks through it won't be likely to keep particles out, and people will be picking at it with greater risk of getting the virus on your hands.

Certinly should be used for stores, markets, etc. without a doubt

It will make a heck of a ridiculous looking bunch of family pictures in front of Cinderella's Castle. Honestly, in the Florida heat, you don't need a mask. You don't anyway, and if you are going to a theme park and paying that kind of money do you want the discomfort of a mask in 90 degree weather? Of course not. The mood on social media and across North America is shifting and the politicians trying to keep their thumb over people know this. People are getting sick of it, and want and deserve a life back to normal.

If you think Disney needs to check your temperature and force you to wear a mask then you should just stay home because you are part of the problem, not the solution. The line up to get into the park would be around the entire Seven Seas Lagoon if they did that.

graphite1326

It will make a heck of a ridiculous looking bunch of family pictures in front of Cinderella's Castle. Honestly, in the Florida heat, you don't need a mask. You don't anyway, and if you are going to a theme park and paying that kind of money do you want the discomfort of a mask in 90 degree weather? Of course not. The mood on social media and across North America is shifting and the politicians trying to keep their thumb over people know this. People are getting sick of it, and want and deserve a life back to normal.

If you think Disney needs to check your temperature and force you to wear a mask then you should just stay home because you are part of the problem, not the solution. The line up to get into the park would be around the entire Seven Seas Lagoon if they did that.
LOL Now I have to get a family picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing masks. Hilarious 10 years from now when some comes to the house and sees the picture on my mantle. (sorry I have a strange sense of humor).

bryanfze55

I have no doubt there’s some government leaders getting off on their power trip - but Disney isn’t government. They’re a private company that can absolutely force their park goers to wear a mask.

I have a trip scheduled in October, but I won’t go if we have to wear masks. I’ll just delay the vacation until this passes. I want to keep people safe, but I’m not sure anyone in my family wants to deal with six straight days of wearing a mask in 90 degree heat.

Herdman

I have no doubt there’s some government leaders getting off on their power trip - but Disney isn’t government. They’re a private company that can absolutely force their park goers to wear a mask.

I have a trip scheduled in October, but I won’t go if we have to wear masks. I’ll just delay the vacation until this passes. I want to keep people safe, but I’m not sure anyone in my family wants to deal with six straight days of wearing a mask in 90 degree heat.
We're planning for late October ourselves. I'm hoping for 80 degree heat....hahaha

Walt Disney1955

LOL Now I have to get a family picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing masks. Hilarious 10 years from now when some comes to the house and sees the picture on my mantle. (sorry I have a strange sense of humor).

Yeah, it'll be a conversation starter, that's for sure.

And Disney knows this. They know people don't want to come to their park wearing a mask or standing 6 feet away from someone else while lining up for Splash Mountain..........................all the way down Main Street. They know this, and they are a business that wants you to come. Eventually this will pass and they'll want you to "Be Our Guest" again. It is very un-Disney to be like the outside world, and a mask will just remind people of the outside world. They don't want this. Like I said, how stupid does that look getting a picture with Mickey with your whole family wearing masks? It's idiotic.

My guess is they are in talks on a daily (hourly?) basis with the government in Florida. They want to open up but they know they have to "save face" a bit so that they don't look like they don't care. There is a fine balance. But in reality, no one wants to go to Disney World if they have to wear a mask before they enter. Nothing says buzzkill like that, and Disney prides itself in the atmosphere and the experience and the environment of their park. So maybe they'll wait until the panic dies down, and it is dying down gradually I have noticed.

bryanfze55

Yeah, it'll be a conversation starter, that's for sure.

And Disney knows this. They know people don't want to come to their park wearing a mask or standing 6 feet away from someone else while lining up for Splash Mountain..........................all the way down Main Street. They know this, and they are a business that wants you to come. Eventually this will pass and they'll want you to "Be Our Guest" again. It is very un-Disney to be like the outside world, and a mask will just remind people of the outside world. They don't want this. Like I said, how stupid does that look getting a picture with Mickey with your whole family wearing masks? It's idiotic.

My guess is they are in talks on a daily (hourly?) basis with the government in Florida. They want to open up but they know they have to "save face" a bit so that they don't look like they don't care. There is a fine balance. But in reality, no one wants to go to Disney World if they have to wear a mask before they enter. Nothing says buzzkill like that, and Disney prides itself in the atmosphere and the experience and the environment of their park. So maybe they'll wait until the panic dies down, and it is dying down gradually I have noticed.

I haven’t noticed that. A lot of people are still very worried (perhaps rightfully so) about the high number of new cases we’re having daily.

John park hopper

Disney is all about PR I am sure they are thinking-- we open to early and WDW becomes the source of covid-19. via guest going home to their respective States the adverse PR will hurt them even more than the current closure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom