Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phonedave

Wearing a mask is not a non-started for me. Other things might make me stay away from WDW, but a mask requirement is not one of them.

If I was going to WDW I would know well in advance and have time to acquire a comfortable mask that would not dificult to wear for extended periods of time. It WOULD make for some interesting tan lines though.

-dave

Simba’s Mom

Just had to wear one to go to the store yesterday.
It was unpleasant.
I felt like I was suffocating and I couldn't even wear it properly as it kept fogging my glasses.
With the heat and humidity it would be wet quickly and could actually impair someone's breathing.

Yes, it's unpleasant. My glasses fog up also. But we live in an area of the country that's hotter and more humid than Orlando. It's regularly a "feels like" temperature of over 100 degrees in April. However, masks are required in our area, and I'll quite willingly wear one.

celluloid

Even IF Disney enforced mask wearing on property(which they wont/wont for long) so many of the rides and attractions that people go for would be closed because you cannot safely wear masks on any coaster like attraction. People are not going to purchase their pictures from photopass(if there are any sort of greets or photo ops) because not many are going to want to purchase a photo of a memory where you don't see anyone's faces too well.
Water rides would be closed, coasters would have to close, and if meet and greets and shows, parades that are compact indoor groups are closed, you have really no park or place worth going to.

The garbage on the ground/people angry at lost and found would be more gross than ever with gloves and masks all over people would be spreading more germs from bringing masks in and losing them all day than not having masks in the park at all. Then you have the people who wanted to keep their expensive or security blanket mask but lost it and for safety it was not collected to be returned to them.

celluloid

I probably should not say any, but on your more thrilling rides, where people commonly lose hats and glasses, it is frequent enough in a regular climate, but the amount if every guest that rides were required to have them, it would be very frequent as many masks are not secured or so restricting someone is not really going to be breathing for two minutes or more. It is not that they will not be allowed, but if the goal is the safety level that would be a climate where the parks require them, they are more trouble than they are worth.

thomas998

I voted no, but it also kind of depends. Within the next 6-12 months? No, I'll just wait.

But if it's five years later and we're all living in a post-apocalyptic nightmare where we're just about to hit the peak of the 17th wave of the virus, we've long given up on finding a vaccine, we have to wear masks everywhere else anyway, and I've somehow managed to save up enough of my monthly allowance from the US Treasury to afford going? Then sure, but I'll go in January. At least the weather will be bearable.

The biggest problem with masks is who would want to go when a mask is costing around 5 dollars now and when you remove it you are supposed to toss it... and during any day at the amusement park how many times will you need to remove and replace it? It gets wet on water ride, you'll need a new one... you get some breakfast or snack, need to remove and replace... get lunch... need to remove and replace... get dinner remove replace... the typical person would probably run through 5 or 6 masks in a day, so now they are spending another 25 or 30 dollars.... and that assumes they can even find a mask anywhere. I just don't see masks as being practical

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas998

The trick is to mold the top edge around the bridge of your nose and then put you glasses on over the top of it. That will end the moist air going up to your glasses. I had an awful time the first time I tried, but after getting that advice it was much better. Still not something I would want to spend the day doing, but for a short time it was OK.

In answer to the question... absolutely not. No mask unless I'm planning to rob one of the parking lot collection stations. Funny thing, when I first went in 1983, I think it cost either $1 or $1.50 to park. I looked at the number of cars parked in the MK lot and all I could think of is if only I had just one days take from the parking lot. I don't want to even think about how much that amounts to now.
Lot capacity is 12,000.... assume only half full that's 6,000 cars... now further assume 75% are resort guests just to be conservative... you are down to 1500 cars at 25 dollars a pop or 37,500... or course the number of guest that park and don't stay at the resort is probably much higher so at 50% you get 75,000.... Which would be a nice hall... of course you would have to knock off a percentage that was paid for by credit card... but still much more money than your average bank robber and no armed guards around to turn you into Swiss cheese.

celluloid

Just rob a bank, you may get caught, but a much easier time for the risk. And if you do get caught and go peacefully, you are going to a federal prison, which is like being in qurantine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom