Masks at WDW

Would you go to WDW if you had to wear a mask

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Giss Neric

Yehey for those people who commented no and they'll just wait until all this is over before they go visit the parks. Less people, more time for me to have fun.

I wouldn't mind wearing a mask but it has to be intermittent. Like wear for two hours then 30 minutes without it. Wear the masks on queues or anywhere near where guests are present. Remove it when I'm on the ride.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The trick is to mold the top edge around the bridge of your nose and then put you glasses on over the top of it. That will end the moist air going up to your glasses. I had an awful time the first time I tried, but after getting that advice it was much better. Still not something I would want to spend the day doing, but for a short time it was OK.

I tried. It really does not work for me.
I have a very small head and honestly probably need a child size mask but then it wouldn't stay on my ears.
I'm just gonna make due for now but its not sustainable.
I would literally need to be fitted for a mask if this is going to be the new norm.

Giss Neric

The constant on/off, using hands that touch contaminated surfaces, or even with clean hands touching a mask that might have contaminants on the outside, plus where to store it when not being worn... makes the mask more likely to cause you to be infected.

That is a major problem with the mask and glove recommendations. Too many people do not understand how easily the protections can become the source of contamination. All we get from the media sound bites or even local mandates is "wear a mask" without the extremely important details of proper use of the mask.
Well, it really depends person to person. If you wanna rest from the mask, you just put it on your chin but it's still strapped to your head. If you will take it off, you have to have a new mask to put on. It's not that hard as long as you are consciously aware when touching objects or surfaces that you sanitize/wash.

Since the lock down, I have developed a habit already of washing my hands/put on hand sanitizers on literally EVERYTHING I do or touch. I don't think I have OCD but I just developed a habit that I can utilize whenever I go to the parks or any public place.

Tom P.

The constant on/off, using hands that touch contaminated surfaces, or even with clean hands touching a mask that might have contaminants on the outside, plus where to store it when not being worn... makes the mask more likely to cause you to be infected.

That is a major problem with the mask and glove recommendations. Too many people do not understand how easily the protections can become the source of contamination. All we get from the media sound bites or even local mandates is "wear a mask" without the extremely important details of proper use of the mask.
People can't be bothered listen to simple instructions like "stay inside" or "stay six feet apart." I seriously doubt they would pay any attention to instructions on how to properly use a mask.

Tom P.

Well, it really depends person to person. If you wanna rest from the mask, you just put it on your chin but it's still strapped to your head. If you will take it off, you have to have a new mask to put on. It's not that hard as long as you are consciously aware when touching objects or surfaces that you sanitize/wash.

Since the lock down, I have developed a habit already of washing my hands/put on hand sanitizers on literally EVERYTHING I do or touch. I don't think I have OCD but I just developed a habit that I can utilize whenever I go to the parks or any public place.
I actually do have OCD. Professionally diagnosed. Yet suddenly my behaviors do not seem outside the norm any longer. 🤣

Herdman

The main thing they have said about masks is that they are for you to protect others, not for your own protection since so many people are asymptomatic. If they can do the quick COVID-19 test on everyone before they enter the parks it might eliminate the need for masks. Or, they could test people on arrival at the resorts and only let those people enter the parks to control who comes in.

Giss Neric

Just wait...Disney will figure out a way to make a mint on $24.99 make your own masks with theme park, characters etc with D-tech..I wouldn't be surprised.
Oh that will happen cause customized masks are already a trend on Instagram. Now add Disney characters then it will be a sure hit. If the design is good enough, I might buy it for collection just for remembrance of this situation.

Lilofan

Just wait...Disney will figure out a way to make a mint on $24.99 make your own masks with theme park, characters etc with D-tech..I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm sure every tourist gift shop outside of WDW in Orlando and Kissimmee will sell the Disney masks at half the price.

Jon81uk

Better to try and go down the route of only allowing those in who do not have the virus as China are trying to do.

CLEtoWDW

I refuse because I firmly believe wearing a mask does more harm than good. Part of building a strong and effective immune system is exposing yourself to small amounts of pathogens so your body can effectively learn how to fight them off. Sure a mask lowers your chances of contracting the virus day 1 but after a few weeks of wearing a mask everywhere your immune system is weakened and returning to a post mask world becomes a dangerous endeavor.

MissViv

I voted No ... my DH and I are staying at home and only going out to get groceries at Wal-Mart. I do not wear a mask to Wal-Mart.

They started requiring employees of Wal-Mart to wear masks but I saw a lot of the stockers with the mask pulled down and mouth & nose uncovered.

I do not see how they could regulate visitors wearing masks at WDW. Children would not keep theirs on and others would be constantly pulling them down. They are just not comfortable.

Myself - I will not return to Disney until they have the virus under control. Why take a chance on getting sick away from home & possibly being hospitalized or infecting someone else? That would be very selfish to just think of yourself and your pleasure to visit an amusement park and I AM a Disney lover!!

Mr Mindcrime

The wife and I love going to WDW and are missing it terribly. But we wont' be going back until we get back to some sense of normal, which includes not having to wear masks. We are not renewing our APs 😭 and we'll wait, whether it's six months or six years, for a full "normal" experience. If the "new normal" is masks and gloves, etc., then I guess we'll confine our trips to the grocery store from now on.

disney4life2008

As others have said, this is an easy cash gab for Disney. If this persists well into summer, they will find a way to develop a mask that has breathable openings and comfortable to wear. They will slap Elsas daxs on it all for the cost of $24.99. For added protection, they will also include a pair of environmental friendly micke gloves for $19.99.

disney4life2008

The wife and I love going to WDW and are missing it terribly. But we wont' be going back until we get back to some sense of normal, which includes not having to wear masks. We are not renewing our APs 😭 and we'll wait, whether it's six months or six years, for a full "normal" experience. If the "new normal" is masks and gloves, etc., then I guess we'll confine our trips to the grocery store from now on.

I am up for renewal but I was thinking do you think they will allow us the discount if we do not renew in the time frame?

NickMaio

Yehey for those people who commented no and they'll just wait until all this is over before they go visit the parks. Less people, more time for me to have fun.

I wouldn't mind wearing a mask but it has to be intermittent. Like wear for two hours then 30 minutes without it. Wear the masks on queues or anywhere near where guests are present. Remove it when I'm on the ride.
Then honestly what is the point of wearing s mask in the first place.............I dont get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom