Marvel's Fantastic Four

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Enhance!

1707927807946.png

doctornick

428462782_929914281828839_265756539175551766_n.jpg

So judging by this logo and the other image, I'm guessing this will be set in the 1960's (or so) in line with the original origin (and have a Space Race kind of background) and then have them end up with mainstream MCU via time travel/multiverse hijinks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
428462782_929914281828839_265756539175551766_n.jpg

So judging by this logo and the other image, I'm guessing this will be set in the 1960's (or so) in line with the original origin (and have a Space Race kind of background) and then have them end up with mainstream MCU via time travel/multiverse hijinks.
Same director as for Wandavision!

Phicinfan

They had better hit on this movie, this could be a real driver for the ongoing secret wars story line coming out of Deadpool 3

Jedijax719

So it's an older group. Begs the question where were they during all the Avengers/Thanos stuff?

Also not sold on Pascal-he seems too old for the role, especially with Sue Storm so young. 13 years isn't so bad as long as they don't look 13 years apart.

Now let's hope they cast a good Doom.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So it's an older group. Begs the question where were they during all the Avengers/Thanos stuff?

Also not sold on Pascal-he seems too old for the role, especially with Sue Storm so young. 13 years isn't so bad as long as they don't look 13 years apart.

Now let's hope they cast a good Doom.
It goes without saying, but I'm sure they will answer where they've been during the movie.

As for Pedro, he is 48, I don't feel that is too old especially if as anticipated they are going to bring the character forward into the modern MCU by the end of the movie. Where I expect Reed's traditional white streaks of hair to show up. He can play younger as needed, and with de-aging getting better with every use they can de-age him as needed. Heck Chris Evans is 42 and RDJ is 58 and people still want them both back playing Steve and Tony.

doctornick

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the hinting seems like this will take place in the 1960s and my guess is that they will be in an alternative universe where they are the only superheroes to start but some mishap with bring them into the modern day/mainstream MCU by the end of the movie.

Or maybe they are in the mainstream MCU but get stuck in suspended animation or something such that they aren't freed until modern times.

Either way, my guess in terms of Infinity War is simply "they weren't around at that time/place"

jpinkc

Its not so much the age difference. Sue and Reed in the comics do have an age gap. Its just Pedro Pascal does not scream Reed Richards. Josh Duhamel, Krasinski (Obviously), hell Armie Hammer give me more of a Reed vibe than Pedro. I do like Pedro, I just dont see Reed Richards. Now Pedro for Doctor Doom oh HELL YEAH!! He can chew up the scenery all day.

Casper Gutman

Its not so much the age difference. Sue and Reed in the comics do have an age gap. Its just Pedro Pascal does not scream Reed Richards. Josh Duhamel, Krasinski (Obviously), hell Armie Hammer give me more of a Reed vibe than Pedro. I do like Pedro, I just dont see Reed Richards. Now Pedro for Doctor Doom oh HELL YEAH!! He can chew up the scenery all day.
Duhamel can't act and Krasinski is not at all Reed-like - that's fancasting due mostly to his marriage to Blunt. It was as good an idea as Wizard magazine's constant clamor to cast some hairy WWF nobody as Wolverine back in the 90s. My choice would have been Dev Patel but Pedro Pascal is just fine - he has the charisma to pull off Reed's often thoughtless arrogance without alienating the audience.

LSLS

With all the mishaps of the MCU recently, one thing I'm not sure I've heard is people questioning the casting. Which is why I give them beyond the benefit of the doubt for whoever they cast at this point. I never got into F4 myself, but I do realize they are one of the big cards they have to play, so I can't imagine anyone cast here isn't A.) On board for a long haul and B.) anything but near-perfect for the role. This is about as vital as it comes for the MCU at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom