Marvel Studios’ Thunderbolts*

MarvelCharacterNerd

Waiting for Zemo be like...

1662947743577.png

1662947864595.png

1662948287465.png

1662948389476.png

MickeyMouse10

Yuck, I don't want Harrison Ford as Thunderbolt. I think he is too well known as his Franchise movie characters (Han and Indy). He's at such a high level of super stardom, where it's hard to see him in another franchise and fully believe it. Plus how does he replace a character that's been in the MCU since 2008. It's not like he's only been in 1 movie and we haven't seen him again. We just saw him in Black Widow last year.

They should just use old clips and make the character Red Hulk the whole time. This way you just need to find a great voice actor for him.

MickeyMouse10

I was hoping the team was going to be made up of....

Scarlet Witch, Green Goblin, Ultron, Sandman, Red Skull, Dr. Octopus, Magneto and Red Hulk

with a runners up list of...

Loki, Electro, Red Guardian, Black Widow (new version), Killmonger, Baron Zemo, Kaecilius (Doctor Strange), Whiplash (Iron Man 2), Yellowjacket and Abomination

Lucky Rabbit

I was hoping the team was going to be made up of....

Scarlet Witch, Green Goblin, Ultron, Sandman, Red Skull, Dr. Octopus, Magneto and Red Hulk

with a runners up list of...

Loki, Electro, Red Guardian, Black Widow (new version), Killmonger, Baron Zemo, Kaecilius (Doctor Strange), Whiplash (Iron Man 2), Yellowjacket and Abomination
Green Goblin, Sandman, Dr. Octopus, and Electro aren’t available to Marvel Studios. Coogler really wanted Kraven for Black Panther the movies and even She-Hulk wanted a Spider-Man cameo. The Sony/Marvel relationship is just too complex.

khlaylav

For someone who professes to care so much about being accurate to the comics, very few of your proposed team have actually been involved with the Thunderbolts.

MickeyMouse10

Green Goblin, Sandman, Dr. Octopus, and Electro aren’t available to Marvel Studios. Coogler really wanted Kraven for Black Panther the movies and even She-Hulk wanted a Spider-Man cameo. The Sony/Marvel relationship is just too complex.

They used Spiderman for Civil War and the Avengers movies, so anything's possible.

MickeyMouse10

For someone who professes to care so much about being accurate to the comics, very few of your proposed team have actually been involved with the Thunderbolts.

Maybe you should pickup a comic (or google it) before putting your foot in your mouth. If you did you'd see they're like the Suicide Squad and the characters are interchangeable.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"After playing one of the chefs behind a Chicago sandwich shopt in the FX series The Bear, Ayo Edebiri has found a new team to join as sources tell Deadline she has boarded Marvel Sudios’ Thunderbolts in a new secret role. Edebiri joins an ensemble that was announced during Disney’s D23 event this fall that includes Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier, David Harbour as Red Guardian, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, Wyatt Russell as US Agent, Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost and Olga Kurylenko as Taskmaster."

Prince-1

"After playing one of the chefs behind a Chicago sandwich shopt in the FX series The Bear, Ayo Edebiri has found a new team to join as sources tell Deadline she has boarded Marvel Sudios’ Thunderbolts in a new secret role. Edebiri joins an ensemble that was announced during Disney’s D23 event this fall that includes Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier, David Harbour as Red Guardian, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, Wyatt Russell as US Agent, Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost and Olga Kurylenko as Taskmaster."

The Bear was one of the best shows in 2022 and Ayo was fantastic in it.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Following his Oscar-nominated role in Minari and scene-stealing part in Nope, Steven Yeun is continuing to show his range as he is now looking to add a Marvel movie to his resume. Sources tell Deadline, Yeun is set to join Marvel Studios’ Thunderbolts, in a part that is not only significant to this film but could also play a role going forward in future films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lee Sung Jin is the new writer for Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts.

"Lee Sung Jin, creator and showrunner of Netflix’s “Beef,” is joining Marvel’s upcoming “Thunderbolts” as the new writer. Lee is stepping in for Eric Pearson (“Black Widow”), who was the first announced writer on the project.

Lee has previously written for “Tuca & Bertie,” “Dave” and “Silicon Valley.” “Thunderbolts” will be his first writing credit on a produced feature film.

The gig is a reunion with “Beef” director Jake Schreier, who is directing the Marvel movie, and costar Steven Yeun, a member of the film’s sprawling ensemble cast.

“I’m rewriting it,” Lee told Variety in an interview promoting “Beef.” “It’s the whole squad again. Jake asked me if I would come on board. I probably should have taken a break, but there’s a lot of themes and exciting things about the movie that I couldn’t help but sign on.”

He added: “It’s truly an honor to be part of a Marvel thing, but it is very different. One, it’s not my project, it’s Jake’s. It’s such a large scope and scale that the type of writing is very different. At the same time, the process feels the same, I’m still talking to Jake every day. … I think once you find the squad of people you love and trust and are so talented, you do everything you can to keep working with them.”

“Thunderbolts” is expected to begin shooting in June and is scheduled for release on July 26, 2024."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom