Marvel Land Discussion and Rumors

Antaundra

Your argument that DCA isn't historic because it's not 20 years old. I'm saying if Main Street USA was rethemed when it was only 9 yrs old, it'd be ok according to your argument.
If Main Street had failed to connect to the majority of guests in the first nine years, then absolutely it should have been changed. How would it be any different than changing Sunshine Plaza to Buena Vista street?

TROR

If Main Street had failed to connect to the majority of guests in the first nine years, then absolutely it should have been changed. How would it be any different than changing Sunshine Plaza to Buena Vista street?
It wouldn't be any different, but last I checked, Tower of Terror and Paradise Pier have connected pretty well with guests.

No Name

Six Flags over Texas used to be a theme park about Texas. The six original lands were Mexico, Spain, France, Texas (independent), Confederacy, and United States. One land for each flag that Texas has flown over its history, hence the name "Six Flags." Over the years, it's severely lost its theme, yet the name hasn't changed. Why? Because "Texas" is still the location of the park. There's no more of a fitting name.

The above is awfully comparable to Disney California Adventure. If DCA is degrading from a theme park to an amusement park too, there's no more of a fitting name.

I'm guessing information on Marvel Land coming very soon.

Want to play poker?

Last edited:

TROR

Someone want to explain why there are EIGHTEEN WINNERS? How can it claim to be the Oscars of themed entertainment when every new attraction is winning an award? Imagine if there were 18 Best Picture winners. The Oscars wouldn't be taken seriously. What am I missing here? Are these actually the nominees and the winner will be revealed at a later date?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Someone want to explain why there are EIGHTEEN WINNERS? How can it claim to be the Oscars of themed entertainment when every new attraction is winning an award? Imagine if there were 18 Best Picture winners. The Oscars wouldn't be taken seriously. What am I missing here? Are these actually the nominees and the winner will be revealed at a later date?

As was explained by the editor of the story I posted:

"The Thea Awards are not category-specific. Basically, TEA decides what among the various nominees are worthy of an achievement award, and they win. So there can be multiple winners in some categories and none in others that had winners in the past."

Bottom line, they are industry awards which typically have multiple winners for the same category.

TROR

As was explained by the editor of the story I posted:

"The Thea Awards are not category-specific. Basically, TEA decides what among the various nominees are worthy of an achievement award, and they win. So there can be multiple winners in some categories and none in others that had winners in the past."

Bottom line, they are industry awards which typically have multiple winners for the same category.
Sounds like Oprah.

"You get an award! And you get an award! And you get an award!"

Hatbox Ghostbuster

.....woo hoop.....great jorb Mishun Brake-out!.....

tenor.gif

vancee

Original Poster
No it couldn’t have won. It’s a cheap knock off of Tower of Terror!! It’s a terrible and ugly ride :mad::mad::mad::mad:

dweezil78

Most industry awards are a total sham and are just money making rackets. What most people don't realize is that it often costs a LOT of $$$ to submit for these things and someone is profiting on the other end of it. But because the awards exist and someone is inevitably going to submit their work, everyone follows suit and it becomes a necessary evil that becomes the norm. In cases like these, to make everyone happy and keep coming back year after year so they can put their "XXX Award Winner!" in press releases, they just give awards out to almost everyone. It's all a crock and happens in almost every industry where people feel the need to have their egos stroked.

Edit: To be fair, the THEAs apparently do not require a fee -- although those trophies will run you $250 a pop! :D

Last edited:

No Name

They do it that way because the industry isn't consistent. If Nanchang Wanda Park is the best new park the year prior, does it deserve the same award as Shanghai Disneyland? All of them are titled Awards for Outstanding Achievement, and then they find a fitting label. And not everyone gets an award. Universal didn't get any this year. I don't know if Universal cares, but I sent Robert Niles a get-well-soon card.

Lastly, TEA is non-profit. And that wraps my defense for the day. Though I don't agree with all of their choices of course.

Last edited:

No Name

^^^ Fake News !

Actually it's the first time they've given an "attraction reimagining" award, and they gave two, to two stellar park enhancements.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom