Marvel Land Discussion and Rumors

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My thing is if they do move away from the California theme what the hell would the theme be otherwise? None of the lands really correlate in anyway otherwise. I guess just "adventure" would be fine but that always felt lazy to me.
Unfortunately, "Bob Iger's IP Extravaganza" doesn't roll off the tongue that well.

Disney Legends Park, could be a name used. It is actually one of the name suggested for the DHS rename, but it applies here as well. DCA is after all moving to be primarily Pixar or Marvel. So with Steve Jobs (Pixar) and Lee/Kirby (Marvel) all being Disney Legends, the name works.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Disney Legends Park, could be a name used. It is actually one of the name suggested for the DHS rename, but it applies here as well. DCA is after all moving to be primarily Pixar or Marvel. So with Steve Jobs (Pixar) and Lee/Kirby (Marvel) all being Disney Legends, the name works.
See, its funny, because apart from Grizzly Peak and the Soarin' areas...I feel like you could easily rename DCA as DHS and not have much of a problem.

I would LOVE for them to restructure the Hollywood section and put in a clone of the Sci-Fi Dine In by the old Muppets building.
Heck, while they're at it, let's remake the GMR in that area too. Since it sounds like they're hanging onto the old bus loading zone and MMRR is most likely headed for somewhere near ToonTown, that area of the park is just gonna sit stagnant.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
See, its funny, because apart from Grizzly Peak and the Soarin' areas...I feel like you could easily rename DCA as DHS and not have a problem.

Except I don't see that happening because it'll become too confusing with DHS in WDW, even after the rename. But the DLP name does work for both parks as an overall theme. I guess you could even do it as Disney California Legends Park, or some variation if you want to keep the California aspect.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Except I don't see that happening because it'll become too confusing with DHS in WDW, even after the rename. But the DLP name does work for both parks as an overall theme. I guess you could even do it as Disney California Legends Park, or some variation if you want to keep the California aspect.
I know its likely not to happen, its just what I would want. I miss the old SFDI :(
DHS has a few unique dining experiences like that and the retro 50's PrimeTime diner that DCA is lacking. Award Wieners? Come on. You can do better than that.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

True, but I don't consider that a negative. I've eaten at Flo's and it reminded me of the old car hops from the 50s.
But...come on...you could have this...
sci-fi-dine-in-theater-gallery00.jpg

instead of this...
7719376490_a9aeb09fef.jpg

also, I'm not intentionally just using a bad picture from Flo's...I couldn't really find a better one.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But...come on...you could have this...
sci-fi-dine-in-theater-gallery00.jpg

instead of this...
7719376490_a9aeb09fef.jpg

also, I'm not intentionally just using a bad picture from Flo's...I couldn't really find a better one.

I don't doubt that would have been cool, but that will never come to light. Why continue to eat yourself up over it (see what I did there). I mean this is like continuing to pine over an old love who has been happily married for 5 years. And then keep saying you could have been so much more happier if you only married me. Time to accept that it will never happen and move on. ;)

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I don't doubt that would have been cool, but that will never come to light. Why continue to eat yourself up over it (see what I did there). I mean this is like continuing to pine over an old love who has been happily married for 5 years. And then keep saying you could have been so much more happier if you only married me. Time to accept that it will never happen and move on. ;)
Nah...its more like a separation after I moved across the country...reconciling is easy, but expensive :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Nah...its more like a separation after I moved across the country...reconciling is easy, but expensive :)

Except in this example you were never "together" in the first place, so this is not even a separation. This is like you fell in love with the girl in your town who never even knew you existed or how you felt. They moved on and so should you.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Except in this example you were never "together" in the first place, so this is not even a separation. This is like you fell in love with the girl in your town who never even knew you existed or how you felt. They moved on and so should you.
But...we were together! I ate there so many times when I lived in FL.

Pixieish

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom