Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

hopemax

Are the crazies still saying I am wrong or pulling this out of my tuchus? Oh, and again let me stress that both WDI and Chappie are not doing this to destroy ToT. They just are so beyond ignorant that they think this is a great idea.

From where I read, yes, there are some, but only because they find the second statement so unbelievable. "No one could be that stupid" therefore this must be about plugging a leak or because you want to stir the pot. But several others are expressing sick feelings, but relying on the fact that "no one could be that stupid, so even if it got talked about, it won't actually happen." Lots of "red pills" for everyone when everything is said and done, I think, well, hope.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, has everyone begun firing off pointed emails to Bob Chapek yet?

I don't want to email Chappie, he wouldn't like me ... besides, a delusional individual has said I'll be fired as a Guest if I contact an executive. Sorta laughable considering where this story began ... but I'd be so lost without Disney, just where would I spend all my money, where would I experience ancient theme park attractions that haven't gotten real rehabs since the first Bush was president, where would watch (like sadist) as things I've loved from childhood get destroyed while tees to mark the loved thing get put on DisneyStore.com at 2 for $44...

WDW1974

Original Poster
From where I read, yes, there are some, but only because they find the second statement so unbelievable. "No one could be that stupid" therefore this must be about plugging a leak or because you want to stir the pot. But several others are expressing sick feelings, but relying on the fact that "no one could be that stupid, so even if it got talked about, it won't actually happen." Lots of "red pills" for everyone when everything is said and done, I think, well, hope.

Plugging a leak is laughable considering this info has now gone thru three different sources at various levels and departments in the company, all the while WDI has been poking around BOTH Towers of late. And would anyone, let alone moi, put out information like this if he wasn't certain that this is the PLAN now. I say that because I got into a discussion with my significant other 'Angie' (who really needs to get that I am always right!) about news versus rumour. NEWS is when something is reported as fact. As in Disney's currently planning to redo the ToT attractions in the USA with a Guardians of the Galaxy theme. That is NEWS. It isn't simply NEWS when Disney announces something (NEWS as well) or starts construction on something (also NEWS). Rumor is I heard from a few CMs on Sunset Blvd that Disney is looking at adding a Marvel component to the Studios.

I want to be wrong about this soooo badly. But I am not.

I still want something to happen, someone to step in and say ''Guys, we are not doing this because while we can make it seem to make sense, it isn't a good way to treat a classic attraction that is as loved today as when it opened and it is a cheap and creatively lazy way to add what is some fun Marvel IP to our parks. Find another way."

THAT is what I want to report as NEWS. But now it wouldn't be even rumour. It would be a total lie.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, you're saying the Chinese government will force TWDC to lie about attendance in the US to make the China park look more popular. These days, I don't doubt that at all.

No. I am saying the CCP will make up whatever figure it wants for SDL and it very likely by Year Two will show SDL to be the No. 1 theme park in the world. And Disney, which will know better, will simply go along with it.

ParentsOf4

And that's my whole point. Nothing in that picture says Twilight Zone. Instead of an abandoned hotel getting hit by lightening, it could be an abandoned hotel that gets hit by space aliens. If I remember correctly the Flash Gordon serials started in the 40s, so Sci-Fi is totally appropriate for the era and the current theming.
We're not talking Flash Gordon; we're talking Guardians of the Galaxy. What does Flash Gordon have to do with Guardians of the Galaxy?

Disney's Guardians of the Galaxy film is set in modern times, not the 1940s. What twisted storyline is going to be used to get Peter Quill and the rest of the cast to travel back to 1940s Hollywood?

Why bother when WDW's Tower of Terror already is widely viewed as one of the best attractions ever created by WDI?

Let's be clear. This is not happening because this is a good idea. This is happening because Disney's Powers That Be are fixated on jamming a Marvel IP into DHS and are too gosh darn cheap to do this the right way by building a new E-ticket attraction.

Seems to me that a better home for this is Epcot's Future World. The Wonders of Life Pavilion sits empty most days. Why not use it? (Can anyone say "Guardians of the Galaxy Pavilion"?) After all, once Pandora and the DHS redo are complete, Epcot is the theme park that will need the most TLC.

After all, doesn't Xandar kinda remind you of Future World:

gotg fountain water.jpg

Instead, someone with no background in theme parks has decided to jam this into what is arguably WDW's single best attraction. :arghh:

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

I just am ready to call it quits and give up. The Disney I know, we all use to know, is gone and its probably never coming back.

The Disney that would make sure to cover small details like Tower from Epcot has been replaced by a Disney that can't hide a tower from Liberty Square.

The Disney that trained their cast members to be high quality has been replaced by a Disney that could care less. Now Cast role their eyes and while we still have those good ones, they become fewer and fewer.

A Disney that put effort into the atmosphere of their parks has been replaced by a Disney that tears trees and park like environments straight from the ground just so more people can watch a small show.

A Disney that once was the leader in entertainment has been replaced by a Disney that only makes entertainment focused on the popular movie of the year.

A Disney that made amazing attractions, unseen anywhere else in the world, had been replaced by a Disney that tears down rides of the future, replaces national pride with princesses, towers with heroes and quality with junk.

A Disney that once was priced for all has been replaced by a Disney that looks to up charge and raise the price of anything they can.

In the end, I would love to be excited about the future of Disney but it has become truly hard and for the first time in forever I have to say I no longer have hope for this company. I guess Disney truly did get it right when they said "unforgettable happens here" because the things, the disasters, they have created are undeniably unforgettable.

TP2000

Now you are just being mean. I see you drinking in a very pricey glass (that Scotch that makes you sound MUCH smarter than you likely are!) while scornfully looking at the folks living below you when you state such meanness.

But your point is well-taken. I'm just trying to ascertain whether this project can be stopped and I am feeling Anaheim is a total lost cause and O-Town is getting closer (see my next post as to why).

I'll have you know the "everyday" glasses are just basic stuff from Crate&Barrel, and the Scotch is merely Dewar's 12 Year bought at the supermarket. I do use filtered water to make those perfect ice spheres like at the Carthay Circle Lounge, however. I'm not a cave man. :D

Over on the Disneyland forums the anger over this is noticeably less, and the average fan reaction is "Meh, okay, I guess I should go ride Tower of Terror one last time to see the Twilight Zone video again." But here on the WDW forums the rage is palpable and the tone is decidedly angry.

I hope this isn't a case of Southern Californians in Burbank and Glendale not understanding how revered Tower or Terror is in DHS, compared to the more relaxed opinion of it in California Adventure. The SoCal suits may be missing the mark here on what this means to the East Coast audience, it appears.

Last edited:

V_L_Raptor

Seems to me that a better home for this is Epcot's Future World. The Wonders of Life Pavilion sits empty most days. Why not use it? (Can anyone say "Guardians of the Galaxy Pavilion"?) After all, once Pandora and the DHS redo are complete, Epcot is the theme park that will need the most TLC.

After all, doesn't Xandar kinda remind you of Future World:

View attachment 134973

Instead, someone with no background in theme parks has decided to jam this into what is arguably WDW's single best attraction. :arghh:

Yes, the park that has already seen some serious dumbing down via IP jamming needs more IP. Absolutely.

China construction woes bruising US budgets aside, the Studios is a park dedicated to... Movies. It's all about squirreling away IP into every nook and cranny, and it's not as though it's in the middle of the city and doesn't have expansion room. Incompetent management just decided that overhauling was more useful than actually building, and here we go.

Saying that GotG belongs in the WoL pavilion is a response to it being sent somewhere it shouldn't be. Doesn't mean it'll belong in Epcot.

aladdin2007

I just am ready to call it quits and give up. The Disney I know, we all use to know, is gone and its probably never coming back.

The Disney that would make sure to cover small details like Tower from Epcot has been replaced by a Disney that can't hide a tower from Liberty Square.

The Disney that trained their cast members to be high quality has been replaced by a Disney that could care less. Now Cast role their eyes and while we still have those good ones, they become fewer and fewer.

A Disney that put effort into the atmosphere of their parks has been replaced by a Disney that tears trees and park like environments straight from the ground just so more people can watch a small show.

A Disney that once was the leader in entertainment has been replaced by a Disney that only makes entertainment focused on the popular movie of the year.

A Disney that made amazing attractions, unseen anywhere else in the world, had been replaced by a Disney that tears down rides of the future, replaces national pride with princesses, towers with heroes and quality with junk.

A Disney that once was priced for all has been replaced by a Disney that looks to up charge and raise the price of anything they can.

In the end, I would love to be excited about the future of Disney but it has become truly hard and for the first time in forever I have to say I no longer have hope for this company. I guess Disney truly did get it right when they said "unforgettable happens here" because the things, the disasters, they have created are undeniably unforgettable.

excellent post, and sadly I agree with all of it,

Mike S

Heard from another source tonight. From a completely different part of TWDC. Again, confirmation of a few things.

1.) Desire to stop paying CBS royalties, even if they must be a pittance (trying to find out what that deal entails), as the deal is up for renewal; and
2.) Chappie's desire to get Marvel IP into the parks (as he was very good at selling Thor hammers, Hulk action figures and Avengers tees as head of CP) as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Are the crazies still saying I am wrong or pulling this out of my tuchus? Oh, and again let me stress that both WDI and Chappie are not doing this to destroy ToT. They just are so beyond ignorant that they think this is a great idea. Not sure anything is gonna stop this train. (Oh and please tell the Twit nuts that Disney can and will use Guardians in O-Town ... and if these characters are allegedly going to be in a film with the Avengers, that has either passed muster with legal or they won't be in the film. I haven't studied the contract, but I don't think just appearing in a film with these characters makes them off-limits. I could be wrong about that, but Disney isn't moving ahead without this being already certified as OK. No secret deals with UNI here.)
So the CBS thing is true and instead of taking advantage of this to make a new original storyline (see Tokyo) they're shoving in the Guardians. After this nothing more can surprise me. I've said before that if the new Jungle Book movie is successful a ride could be cool. I've changed my mind because with this management it would most likely be an overlay of Jungle Cruise.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes, the park that has already seen some serious dumbing down via IP jamming needs more IP. Absolutely.
Not sure if this is sarcasm. I hope it is. Im not saying that the park should be without IP's, but cramming them into anything that has four walls and a roof is just pure lazy and unimaginative. But then again, the average guest nowadays could care less about theme, cohesiveness, proper placement, cleanliness, or any shred of edutainment. As long as it has a Disney parks logo and a character, they are satisfied and will defend it as quality.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Eloquently said, @FigmentForver96..... :'-(

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So the CBS thing is true and instead of taking advantage of this to make a new original storyline (see Tokyo) they're shoving in the Guardians. After this nothing more can surprise me. I've said before that if the new Jungle Book movie is successful a ride could be cool. I've changed my mind because with this management it would most likely be an overlay of Jungle Cruise.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom