Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

the.dreamfinder

Disneyland opened before it was complete... are you saying that "Walt would never do that?" I don't know the percentages, but I do know, cause I was there 4 months after EPCOT Center opened that a whole lot of what was supposed to be was not yet opened. In fact, I believe that this has been true of just about every Disney park that ever existed.
This will be the twelfth park Disney has opened in sixty years of operating them. There's no excuse.

Crazydisneyfanluke

63133356.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
Thanks for all the notes I've gotten. Support is nice, but I don't mind people questioning this because it is so damn stupid it almost defies explanation. But anyone watching The Playbook from the Bob Iger era should expect things like this.

People like to attack, but they do so out of ignorance. They simply don't know. I do.

No different than in another lifetime when Lifestylers didn't exist, but deniers did. They all went bonkers when I said Fire Mountain was simply a blue sky concept that was pitched and not going to happen because a Space pavilion was replacing Horizons at EPCOT. That was the major new attraction coming. No, they shouted. A con man had told them about a dramatic major mountain headed to the MK. One that would rise dramatically over Adventureland and beckon from the beach at the Poly. A real thrill ride to compete with the new kid on the block in IOA.

Sounds amazing. Right?

The fans ate it like crappy samples off trash cans at one of EPCOT's 21 annual food and booze and pukefests. Except it was all fantasy. Fire Mountain never came close to being built. And that is what one Spirit told fans. They attacked me. Of course what they didn't know was my source was the then VP of EPCOT. You may know him today as WDW's top man. Yes, Georgie K was once a Spirited source. Now, you know a bit how seriously I take sourcing.

You may not like my presentation. You may not like what I post. But I do take it seriously. And my info comes from legit channels ...
People in the twitverse would do well to vet those they listen to half as well as I do. Twitter is loaded with frauds, cons and addicts. and BRAND advocates as well. And having information in no way makes you knowledgeable. I know what is going on. I don't like it anymore than you do.

Goofyernmost

There is not ready for opening (show element debugging and staging) and there is simply NOT READY for occupancy period with exposed steel etc, SDL is apparently in the latter condition
They didn't even have water fountains working in Disneyland for opening that should have meant that the entire park was NOT READY for occupancy period and in EPCOT there were a lot of exposed steel areas. No park that I can remember was completely ready for opening when it opened, again making mountains out of mole hills. And who cares anyway, it's in China. Even then have you noticed the number of construction walls in WDW right now? Why is that any different? The reason may be different but the end result is exactly the same.

Mike S

Every day - I think it cannot get worse at WDW, And then it gets WORSE, Even my levels of negativity and low expectations are simply insufficient for the unpleasant reality at WDW these days.
It's really getting that bad. Won't be long now........

"Cinderella Castle getting replaced with (insert latest greatest IP here)"

Thankfully I will have jumped ship long before then.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirit, I'll be first in line to kiss your ring if you're right, but I'm choosing to snort the pixie dust on this one until I see it happen. It's just too crazy. Why not retheme RnRC and build a clone in Anaheim? If Disney really does this, it will be 10x worse than Frozenstrom.

You must kiss my ring ... always.

But don't present other scenarios that you think make more sense (even if they do) like I can answer for TWDC/WDI. I can only tell you the rationale as presented to me. I did that. Harass Bob Chapek if you do not wish to see this happen.

asianway

Thanks for all the notes I've gotten. Support is nice, but I don't mind people questioning this because it is so damn stupid it almost defies explanation. But anyone watching The Playbook from the Bob Iger era should expect things like this.

People like to attack, but they do so out of ignorance. They simply don't know. I do.

No different than in another lifetime when Lifestylers didn't exist, but deniers did. They all went bonkers when I said Fire Mountain was simply a blue sky concept that was pitched and not going to happen because a Space pavilion was replacing Horizons at EPCOT. That was the major new attraction coming. No, they shouted. A con man had told them about a dramatic major mountain headed to the MK. One that would rise dramatically over Adventureland and beckon from the beach at the Poly. A real thrill ride to compete with the new kid on the block in IOA.

Sounds amazing. Right?

The fans ate it like crappy samples off trash cans at one of EPCOT's 21 annual food and booze and pukefests. Except it was all fantasy. Fire Mountain never came close to being built. And that is what one Spirit told fans. They attacked me. Of course what they didn't know was my source was the then VP of EPCOT. You may know him today as WDW's top man. Yes, Georgie K was once a Spirited source. Now, you know a bit how seriously I take sourcing.

You may not like my presentation. You may not like what I post. But I do take it seriously. And my info comes from legit channels ...
People in the twitverse would do well to vet those they listen to half as well as I do. Twitter is loaded with frauds, cons and addicts. and BRAND advocates as well. And having information in no way makes you knowledgeable. I know what is going on. I don't like it anymore than you do.
Speaking of cons, any chance the lifestyler in tax trouble has anything to do with a divorce decree?

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 was there anything legitimate in your sarcastic statement vis-a-vis Iger somehow negotiating to get ALL Marvel back from Universal? The only way I could MAYBE accept this would be as Phase I in a giant Marvel master plan.

No. Just Spirited Sarcasm. I admit I love the fact that Bob can't have what he wants. Marvel's east coast home will always be at UNI. Even if the GotG find a home at The Corpse of The Disney-MGM Studios.

HMF

You must kiss my ring ... always.

But don't present other scenarios that you think make more sense (even if they do) like I can answer for TWDC/WDI. I can only tell you the rationale as presented to me. I did that. Harass Bob Chapek if you do not wish to see this happen.
It makes perfect sense for someone from Consumer Products with no Theme Park experience to come up with such an obvious product-pushing endeavor such as this. This is looking potentially worse than Paul Pressler.

MuteSuperstar

I'm having a lot of trouble believing that this will actually happen, it just too inexplicably stupid an idea, but if it does then its probably going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

I would like this entire post 1000x if I could. I just don't understand how people can continue to defend this cheapening and dilution of the product while prices are shamelessly, constantly raised, this hollowing out and wh*ring out of so many sectors of American business, NOT just Disney, lord knows. There used to be at least a pretense of trying to provide customers with some sort of value and competent service for their money, some sort of attempt to treat employees well as the company succeeded and "executive" compensation was merely high instead of beyond obscenity. It's all being looted and pillaged, and sadly sanctioned and even cheered on by way too many people. To see Walt Disney World, what is still a truly remarkable place that gets less so with each passing year, succumb to this corporate orgy of greed and hubris and contempt for customers and employees, is just very very sad and I can only shake my head at the people who don't get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom