Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Mike S

Just a brief Sunday afternoon post to clarify.

First, not rumor. This is currently the plan for Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim is where this generated from after the major E-Ticket coaster got (temporarily?) shelved due to Shanghai's issues. It has been clarified to me that this is a Bob Chapek project and comes from his desire to get Marvel product in the parks as quickly as possible.

This is not blue sky. It is in the development pipeline.

Nothing is a done deal until it happens (that means that SDL might not open, but I sorta think it will) but this is looking extremely likely in CA. and Disney wants it in Florida as well to split the costs and make it appear they are adding actual attractions like Universal and Sea World etc.

The only issue on the FL end is WDW has balked at the costs and would rather a temporary overlay and DCA needs a permanent major Marvel attraction until the now Captain America themed mega-coaster (not RnRC clone any longer) gets budgeted and slotted for build.

This project could happen in one resort alone, but it is highly unlikely. If everything stays on course, DCA's ToT will close in January and reopen by May or June. WDW's would likely follow not long after.
**** Shanghai.

WDW Guru

Two things that really makes me think that this won't happen is that Disney is currently using the ToT as its icon. On the WDW website next to the park hours it shows a mini ToT AND the first picture we see on the DHS page is of the ToT. If they were planning on getting rid of it then I'd imagine they would phase it out before they even announced they would get rid of it just like the hat. Until they change the GMR to the icon, I won't believe it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Two things that really makes me think that this won't happen is that Disney is currently using the ToT as its icon. On the WDW website next to the park hours it shows a mini ToT AND the first picture we see on the DHS page is of the ToT. If they were planning on getting rid of it then I'd imagine they would phase it out before they even announced they would get rid of it just like the hat. Until they change the GMR to the icon, I won't believe it.

Re-read the OP. TWDC isn't getting rid of ToT, they are planning a GoG overlay. Which will ruin a perfectly themed attraction.

WDW Guru

Re-read the OP. TWDC isn't getting rid of ToT, they are planning a GoG overlay. Which will ruin a perfectly themed attraction.

I understand that but they would have to change the look of the building until it becomes completely unrecognizable if they really wanted to change it to GoG. I wouldn't imagine they would want change their park icon twice in one or two years.

Maybe its just me trying to be optimistic but I just can't see this happening.

hopemax

The rumor isn't that they are getting rid of the building. Just re-theming what is INSIDE of the building.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I understand that but they would have to change the look of the building until it becomes completely unrecognizable if they really wanted to change it to GoG. I wouldn't imagine they would want change their park icon twice in one or two years.

Maybe its just me trying to be optimistic but I just can't see this happening.

Nah, they're changing the Park icon to this:

bob-iger.gi_.top_.jpg

Just imagine an adjustment or two to the digits on the visible hand.... ;)

MerlinTheGoat

I can't suitably express my disgust. Obscenities were had on my end, the person or persons who created this idea are beyond imbecilic, as is anyone who is in support for this (yes i'm sorry if it violates a forum rule, but I will follow Lee's lead and toss out a well deserved insult to those who would defend a senseless abominations of an idea, it must be said). This warrants an immediate job termination of anyone who either proposed or supported the idea, along with them being blacklisted from other creative jobs.

To all those willingly involved and happy with this proposal, or those in support of it- Shame on you.

@WDW1974

Is there any possible way we can still stop this? And if so, how?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom