Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Cody5242

Well if I were to place a bet on which location the GotG ride will go it would be UoE. UoE is embarrassingly dated and many guests don't even know that the WoL pavillion even exists. So might as well replace the dated attraction that is costing money and is leaving guests scratching their heads wondering if they can get those 40 minutes back

doctornick

Well, if the attraction talked about astrophysics, the different types of planets and stars and other spacial anomalies, then Guardians would be the perfect choice.

Indeed. You could actually do a very entertaining ride having the Guardians host talking about actual astrophysics while interjecting periodic humorous scenes or commentary. Something kind of in the vein of World of Motion.

FigmentJedi

The Magic Eye Theater is currently being used (by the Pixar Short film festival) so it doesn't really fit the label of "not being utilized". That almost certainly has to be a reference to the WoL pavilion.

I agree with @Mike S that UoE seems like the most likely location for the "limping along" pavilion. Maybe you could argue M:S but that still seems relatively popular.

I'd be all for something going into WoL. Perhaps they'd reuse the existing show building for Body Wars (even doing a new simulator ride with the same setup) -- that would actually allow the bulk of the building to still be available for "festival' stuff. I don't have a clue how they'd try to make GotG "work" for FW though; if it were some concept like the Stark Expo, you could see a tortuous link but GotG is just sci-fi fantasy.

If it ended up replacing UoE, would it be a brand new from the ground up ride? Or reusing the existing mechanism? A slow moving theater ride doesn't seem to fit the franchise. Maybe the Collector has some dinosaurs he wants to show off or something though.
Or a "The Guardians go to the Savage Land for some reason" thing.

joup7

While everybody can agree that GotG in Future World doesn't fit the theme, I think we should be happy that it looks like it won't be replacing anything that will be missed. Tower of Terror is saved and the only things that appear to be at risk are a 40 minute nap ride (Energy) and a festival center.

Haymarket2008

While everybody can agree that GotG in Future World doesn't fit the theme, I think we should be happy that it looks like it won't be replacing anything that will be missed. Tower of Terror is saved and the only things that appear to be at risk are a 40 minute nap ride (Energy) and a festival center.

What about the rapidly disintegrating integrity of Future World? I'll miss it. :(

FigmentJedi

I like those retro Dinosaurs thank you very much.
And if GOTG moves into Wonders of Life, that means Inside Out is poised to kill our hopes and dreams for a Dreamfinder and FIgment reunion by taking over that pavilion.

Matt_Black

Or a "The Guardians go to the Savage Land for some reason" thing.

You know, apropos of nothing, it took me FOREVER to realize that Ka-Zar was Marvel wanting to use Tarzan and then, not being able to obtain the license like they did with Conan, just made up a brand new character.

HauntedMansionFLA

Although this would fit thematically in Tomorrowland why would anyone want ANOTHER attraction in the most visited park in the world, especially when there are 3 other parks languishing. No matter how much we want the old EPCOT to return it is not going to happen. I would rather see SOMETHING done in FW than to see it sit and rot as it is currently doing.
I was surprised that Disney didn't slam Star Wars into Future World East. Innoventions as Meet and Greet, Mission Space as the MF ride, Test track as a speeder race, UoE showcasing all movies, WoL brought back to life.

Mike S

I was surprised that Disney didn't slam Star Wars into Future World East. Innoventions as Meet and Greet, Mission Space as the MF ride, Test track as a speeder race, UoE showcasing all movies, WoL brought back to life.
Because Star Wars is more special to Iger and the BoD than anything else for whatever reasons they have. Strangely the same goes for Avatar due to their knee jerk reaction to get the rights. Either way it's the fans who win with those.

HauntedMansionFLA

Because Star Wars is more special to Iger and the BoD than anything else for whatever reasons they have. Strangely the same goes for Avatar due to their knee jerk reaction to get the rights. Either way it's the fans who win with those.
Totally agree -

1. The totally mishandled JK Rowlings and the harry Potter IP - learned their lesson (Hopefully)
2. Agree - knee jerk reaction to the success of potterland with the Avatar Land.
3. Didn't realize Lucas and Star Wars / Indiana Jones IP's would be coming around shortly after the AvatarLand announcement to sell the franchise to Disney.
4. Avatar will be amazing. Disney will have to top it with the most popular franchise out there. Star Wars land will be amazing.
5. I wish Marvel/Disney would start to develop characters that aren't under the Universal contract umbrella. This would give Disney the choice to use them at the WDW or not.

BrianLo

That will be an eternal question with no correct answer. Like Frozen.

There is also a belief that GoTG cannot be used more than incidentally for an attraction. Orlando United is saying they can't and Robert from TPI outside of a deal. You guys are pretty sure they can do whatever they want beyond calling it 'Marvel'? Or believe a deal has already occurred?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom