Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

hopemax

Gotta put an end to this before it gets momentum

Definitely.

Which puts fans in a quandary. If you take a "wait and see if this develops" approach, by the time people acknowledge it's happening, there will be too much momentum to stop it. This sort of thing you kind of have to believe is true early to stop. And then if it gets stopped, people will believe it was never a real threat in the first place.

PhotoDave219

Definitely.

Which puts fans in a quandary. If you take a "wait and see if this develops" approach, by the time people acknowledge it's happening, there will be too much momentum to stop it. This sort of thing you kind of have to believe is true early to stop. And then if it gets stopped, people will believe it was never a real threat in the first place.

This isn't worth "wait and see" .... This is hearing your dog about to barf and doing everything you can to minimize the mess.

I'm with Capt. Frozenstrom makes some sense but I don't like it. Avatar is wait and see. SWL and the studios redevelopment is autopilot exciting.

This is a giant pile of ?!?

HauntedMansionFLA

I would have to think that if ToT were to be re-imagined, that there might be a good chance that RnRC would not be far behind. Then the argument would be that you have fully developed lands - Star Wars, Toy Story, Muppets (mini land), Phase 3, and now a Marvel Land. They could have the Collector's Mansion and a GotG Escape from Nowhere coaster. I can see all of this forming now.
Plus you have the BatB theater (dark ride) right there along with the new flex theater that was just built. I guess you never know. :)

SJN1279

There is no reason for Disney to pay rights to their competition in CBS for the rights to a show that was popular in the 1960s. Waiting for the details. I won't condemn this over a vague post with no real information.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm having an incredibly difficult time actually processing this thread.

Me too. There have been a lot of things I don't like, but I'm typically able to make a joke about within 3.7 seconds. Now, an hour after reading the OP I'm wondering about the best time to sell my DVC points. I can't believe this even made it to the point of being a rumor.

Last edited:

Mike S

I bet UNI is loving hearing this... nothing like seeing your competition shoot itself in the foot.

Maybe they'll rename the park Bob Igers Egoland!
image.jpeg

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Trying to remember if Doctor Strange is anywhere in Marvel Superhero Island. Because swapping out Rod Serling for Benedict Cumberbatch is actually believable and a story about a dimension hopping wizard guy would be way more simple and low effort to put in there versus a space show.

Like imagine a projection mapping crazy version of the Fifth Dimension hallway like some kinda modern CG version of this.
strangescan.jpg

I should note this rumor does explain why I was contracted to write that GotG comic where they travelled back to 1937 Hollywood and were pushed down a hotel's elevator chute by the evil Dr. Pushy Pants.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I should also note that their jetpacks keep malfunctioning whilst falling down the chute so they go up and down, up and down, again and again with each fall being for a different duration. Really, plot requests this specific often make no sense until you know a little more.

Phil12

This sounds like a great idea. After all, the ToT is nothing more than a bunch of accelerated drops. They can theme that to most anything including any number of Marvel things. They need to leave the "old Hollywood" themes to the major studios of that era. The Disney studio was a small independent studio at that time.

Aside from Groot and his pals, DHS could theme the ToT around Woody:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom