Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

asianway

This is a great idea. If we were three years into the future I bet they would actually consider this with SWL about to open and Star Tours being expendable. Sadly, they would rather rush this creatively lazy and cheap idea so a Marvel attraction can make its way into the parks ASAP. Because they re not making enough money right? Or at DCA is it because Wizarding World opened and they need a "new" E ticket to contend with forbidden Journey and those scary 15 minute lines its been averaging? What a joke.

On another note why can't they just overlay both Space Mountains? I heard something about WDW's not having the infastructure or something which is probably why there's no Hyperspace Mountain In Orlando but how hard could it be? At least with this overlay, they could just turn off the projectors once they realize what a Dumb idea it is. The TOT overlay is most likely irreversible.
WDW cars do not have onboard audio

Cesar R M

This thread turned into a lovefest for Marvel? I'm still catching up but no. Most of us are outraged at the idea HERE, but I don't waste my time reading other places like Facebook or Twitter where the crazy stans are all in a flutter over it. But WDW supposedly heard the message loud and clear that fans don't want GoTG in ToT. Doesn't mean they won't still do it but the negative feedback was loud as far as I can tell. I think it even trended on Twitter, whether it was good or bad I don't know.
The money sounds and cash register dings of the merchandise sales have pretty much made Chapek deaf.

Cesar R M

And then the vast majority of the public who doesn't give a turd if something is "IP" based or not, or when/how Disney acquired the rights to it, etc. It it a neat ride? Is it fun? That's what people care about, not the business dealings that led to it being there.
Agree, the ip shoving is akin of...
Going to a hotel.. and then the manager saying that they are under the best renovation and improvements of years.. because they had just acquired DUPONT paints and they painted the entire hotel with ugly purple Dupont branded paint.
Then the Customer will probably be "and how does it improve my stay?"
Then the manager replies "Not in anyway..but WE HAVE DUPONT!!!"
Does it benefit the whole the persons inside? no.. but for PR, they love the "promotion" and "showoff" their ips.

Matt_Black

Some of us want Marvel in the parks. There are those of us who love both Disney and Marvel and are tickled pink that the buyout happened. And for those who say, "Why not go to Universal?" Because I don't want to. I want to see new stuff that the Imagineers cooked up. Like it or not, Marvel is now part of the family, no different than Pixar or the Muppets. What if, tomorrow, Disney licensed Song of the South to Uni, and Splash Mountain was uprooted and moved to the Studios? (Unlikely, granted, but go with it for a moment.) All you folks who love Splash Mountain would be cool with buying tickets for a completely different park and driving out of your way?

Mike S

Some of us want Marvel in the parks. There are those of us who love both Disney and Marvel and are tickled pink that the buyout happened. And for those who say, "Why not go to Universal?" Because I don't want to. I want to see new stuff that the Imagineers cooked up. Like it or not, Marvel is now part of the family, no different than Pixar or the Muppets. What if, tomorrow, Disney licensed Song of the South to Uni, and Splash Mountain was uprooted and moved to the Studios? (Unlikely, granted, but go with it for a moment.) All you folks who love Splash Mountain would be cool with buying tickets for a completely different park and driving out of your way?
The reason I would say "go to Universal" is because, more likely than not, whatever Disney makes will not top what has already been done up the road. Guardians is the only MCU film than can be used in WDW and just look at what's rumored. Also Iron Tours in Hong Kong. Nothing so far has given me any reason to be excited about Disney having Marvel. There is a rumor about The Avengers in IoA though. Also, you're missing out on A LOT more than Marvel at Uni.

FigmentJedi

"Disney is a business, and you're just a hater who doesn't like change."
Every time someone says this, I think "Have none of these people read The Lorax?" because they're basically saying "Business is business and business must grow regardless of crummies in tummies you know".
Of course, what the Lorax means to people these days is a CGI skinny hipster businessman that had the most obnoxious collection of fangirls a few years ago.

Quinnmac000

Also a lot of ex Imagineers work for Universal now so its not like you won't get a good product.

AEfx

There's a reason they're called theme parks over just amusement parks. Placement is supposed to mean something. But they don't care as long as they see their favorite brands everywhere. Such is the DisneyParksTM fan.

I agree up to a point - but the thing is, I think some folks take their demands and expectations way too far. The hyper-sensitivity to anything that challenges these almost evangelical notions is going way overboard these days. It's like the realities and practicalities are completely irrelevant, it's all about what someone thought in 1983 based on what they think someone in 1966 would have wanted (even though, as most of us with good sense know, the Walt Disney that most use as a straw man actually stood for the opposite of the argument he's often used for - he was the first one to cross-promote, the man practically invented the concept of corporate synergy, and the first one to want to tear something down to put something new).

AEfx

Was the new Lion King theater value engineered? Has Disney Springs been value engineered?

JT04, hacking people's accounts is a no no...LOL.

Was Expedititoin Everest value engineered? Was New Fantasyland/Little Mermaid value engineered? Is Frozen-strom value-engineered?

I can't speak to the theater (haven't seen it - but - theater and same old 20 year-old-show, just a new shell) and I won't speak to Disney Springs - that's not an attraction, it's a shopping mall. I don't care what little story they designed over it - it's still just a dang shopping mall.

Honestly surprised at your statements. Not many around here who haven't accepted that in terms of new and impressive attractions, Universal has been running the show in Orlando for quite some time now. Yes, it's not "Disney magic" - but at the end of the day, Universal just keeps adding undeniably quality attractions at a rapid pace. Anyone got a list handy of all the things that went from 0 to opening day operation at Universal since Avatar was announced?

AEfx

So, I buy a full day ticket, do all the Marvel stuff, and then leave 3 hours later. GREAT VALUE! I can see why so many on this board are so high on Universal! :rolleyes:

Even if you don't like Harry Potter, you are missing out on the best themed park land outside of Tokyo DisneySea (and even then it's a dead heat between the two). Jurassic is still an amazing ride. King Kong is opening up in a matter of weeks.

Second thought, maybe not go - you'll just get depressed at us watching them dig dirt for five years anytime we get anything, LOL.

Kman101

I don't see why people get so up in arms if you want Marvel in the parks and prefer it to be Disney, but Universal is quite good (I love it there) and worthy of some time spent there. I think many get upset at the constant mention of it because legally it just isn't going to happen at WDW in the way some want.

I have no issues with Marvel and Disney buying it. I also don't see why it matters whether someone was a fan before or after Disney bought it. I think it's funny when some get up in arms over it not "being Disney", (and it IS Disney now, sorry ya'll; they own it) but that argument stems from the fact that Disney itself seems to be relying on other properties. I dunno. I think the back and forth about Marvel in the parks is silly and not worth everyone constantly bickering about it. We have to stop telling each other what we can and can't discuss.

Quinnmac000

So, I buy a full day ticket, do all the Marvel stuff, and then leave 3 hours later. GREAT VALUE! I can see why so many on this board are so high on Universal! :rolleyes:

Or maybe you go to the park and see what they have instead of spending more time bashing it on forums. You trying to argue for Disney to have Marvel when you haven't even experienced any of the marvel attractions that already existed which in fact were made by some imagineers already working for Disney now.

Kman101

The reason I would say "go to Universal" is because, more likely than not, whatever Disney makes will not top what has already been done up the road. Guardians is the only MCU film than can be used in WDW and just look at what's rumored. Also Iron Tours in Hong Kong. Nothing so far has given me any reason to be excited about Disney having Marvel. There is a rumor about The Avengers in IoA though. Also, you're missing out on A LOT more than Marvel at Uni.

Agreed but the thing is Disney probably COULD top what Universal did. And also agreed about how they aren't doing what they have justice. But I'm not ready to dismiss Iron Man in Hong Kong because it's similar to Star Tours. For me it could still be a great ride. We all want amazing new technology and ride systems but does it REALLY matter that it's not a Gringotts or a coaster? For me it doesn't.

Matt_Black

Or maybe you go to the park and see what they have instead of spending more time bashing it on forums. You trying to argue for Disney to have Marvel when you haven't even experienced any of the marvel attractions that already existed which in fact were made by some imagineers already working for Disney now.

Would the Marvel stuff on it's own constitute a full-day experience? Yes or no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom