Martin proudly presents his first trip report notes!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Merf; that is what struck me about the fog in energy - it was about 6pm when we rode. I recall so many saying they havn`t seen it in ages, and have seen so many vids of it not working with the traction plates in the floor visible. It was great to see it all back. From the fog to the pool mist, to the bubbling water pool, the steam jets and erupting volcano - all the pumps were in overtime and a joy to see! Especially since I`ve commented about their absence more than once in the past. I did miss the lava flow and burning tree mind, the current glowing effect just isn`t the same.

As for the SSE queue trees and their LEDs, they didn`t work during our visit. I noticed a lot of new LED fixtures all over the parks - I wonder if they are all Sylvania, or if these are just SSE specific. Having seen the colour changing LEDs all over the MK put to great use during MNSSHP I`d be surprised if they were single colour. More excitement of things to come from the old Geo'!

One further note, the Siemens Lounge above project tomorrow is now active and owned by the sponsor. They have a great ceiling lighting effect I got pics of; I bet I`m beaten to it though.

CThaddeus

First, I'm sorry you're back Martin. Now you get to go through the week or so of major WDW withdrawals I went through a week ago. I'm just about at the point where I'm not saying to myself, "I was at ______ this time two weeks ago riding ______." Of course, I'm still editing my videos and putting them on DVD, so I'm still reliving it every day (I'm watching Splash Mountain as I write)!
It was great to spend time with you, and I'm glad you had such a good time (how could you not?). I'm also glad you won't be one of the ones on the "I Hate Stitch's Great Escape" list on this website!

brianplace

more inside SSE info?

SSE is running behind. The mural had scaffholding up on it on Sep 30th, now gone as reported elsewhere. Mural looks great. Show scene already being installed for the invention of the computer scene - car already in place outside of garage. 1960`s Mainframe computer should be also in place around now. New LED uplighters on new side queue palm trees. Not in use yet.

More to come....

hey Martin - love your videos, posts, etc - and this trip report is awesome too!

How do you know about "car in place outside of garage" and "Mainframe computer should be in place now too" - are you just guessing based on timeline and rumor or do you somehow have even more additional info than what is printed in the new Birnbaum guide? :) When it comes to SSE, I would expect you of all people to somehow come across this "additional information" of course :)

I was at Epcot's 25th for a couple of days - I agree everything looks better than it has in years. MacPhee & co. really seem to have their act together - it was the right management change at the right time, for sure. I am really optimistic in general for EPCOT for the first time in about a decade...

on Canada: I really liked it, but expect it's designed to last maybe 6-7 years.

anyhow thanks! ;)

CTHEFOX

Welcome home and THANKS to you all.

Cheers Martin and Michele, Welcome home..great trip report
My wife Linda and myself Christopher, enjoyed our Oct 1st Lunch with you in the ( i want to say Electric Umbrella)?
My wife Linda is also English, and i am the New Yorker, that was sitting in the table with my "old school" buddy FIGMENT, on my shoulder during lunch..

We had a great chat and promised i would "see you again" well Surprise !! here we are....What a W O N D E R F U L day we all had at the Celebration
Could have done with just a bit less rain..but the DAY WAS MAGIC !!
The Illuminations finale was just Brilliant !!
My best to Adam, Lou, Deb, Mr Jim McPhee, Marty etc. etc. and countless others who shared in that special day with us..
see you and thanks to everone who we met.

TheBeatles

Earlier today I was wondering when you would be back and seconds later I see you have a trip report. It was great talking to you at Marty's presentation. Welcome home!

EpcotServo

Sorry the yeti wasn't working! Expedition Everest dosen't make as big of an impression if you don't get A show the first time.

Figment82

Martin I'm glad to see you made it back safely. I'm sorry we didn't get to chat more than the few minutes before the group photo on the 1st. I kept an eye out for you, but I guess our paths just didn't cross.

Disney_Freak429

Martin, good to see you made it home ok. I really enjoyed having the chance to meet you at Celebration 25. As far as 7gb of pictures I can't wait to see them even if it will take me days to look at all of them. lol

TinkerBell9988

Wow, an update from Martin himself! :D

I am so glad to hear that you had an amazing trip. I wish I could have run into you on Oct. 1 to tell you "thanks" for all of the amazing video tributes you produce. I hardly remember World of Motion, and your WoM tribute triggered my memory. Now I remember most of the attraction and post-show. :lol:

Thanks so much for everything!

mbroschak

Hey Martin,

thanks for the great update! Does anyone else wish that him and Michele could be officially sponsered by Disney? For all you've given us with your videos Martin, it seems such a shame to me that you can't be part of the magic more often. Your commitment to the preservation of our fondest memories and information about the imagineering of each attraction is staggering. For those of us who live for the magic, we thank you wholehartedly!! :wave:

phenom1307

Hey Martin,

thanks for the great update! Does anyone else wish that him and Michele could be officially sponsered by Disney? For all you've given us with your videos Martin, it seems such a shame to me that you can't be part of the magic more often. Your commitment to the preservation of our fondest memories and information about the imagineering of each attraction is staggering. For those of us who live for the magic, we thank you wholehartedly!! :wave:

is that a dog's foot with a hidden mickey on it in your avatar?? when i first saw it i was like what the heck is that....then i took a closer look lol

marine1

dumb question

did you see hsm2 is it good im heading down in 2 weeks and im curious i saw the first pep rally is the second one as good as the first.

BSikor

Here's a couple for your collection

Like theBeatles, I was thinking about you and wondering if you and Michelle made it back alright. I'm glad to hear you're home safe. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to see each other after the 25th it seemed like the next day I was back to work full speed. I've only been back to the parks once since then.

Anywho, here's a couple shots of you that you might like for your collection

Signing an autograph for one of your many fans
1486836061_bfab89ce3e.jpg

One with me.
1486836577_d24c27ecdb.jpg

And one with Jim.
1487708978_0d346a9798.jpg

Spyne

Thanks for the updates man! Sounds like a very good thing that the Studios is finally getting more (much needed) attention. :)

CaptainMichael

Just a few additions:

*Yeti is sadly still in "B" mode as of yesterday. It looked wierd going through that cavern in the dark.

*Mist effects are running again at the top of the mountain before you go backwards...NEAT!

*Christmas lights are showing up on on Cinderella Castle, but as advertised, they blend in real well. To the average guest, they are invisible.

*Brer Rabbit was hopping today.

*Haunted Mansion has new pictures in the "Hall of Doors" (I guess you'd call it) by the "Tomb Sweet Tomb" cross-stitch. I need to ride again to get a better look.

*25th Anniversary EPCOT signs have been removed from the SSE construction walls...I don't really understand why. They could have easily stayed, as could the recognition of the anniversary on Times Guides, and the lasers on SSE after Illuminations...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom