Marathon weekend- report your times here

Phonedave

Ran the full in 5:41:51, or should I say semi-ran.

I was targeting coming in under 5:00

Coming into the MK my knee (my favorite part of my body) started getting wacky, my time at the half was 2:32:19, a touch off pace.

Then all hell broke loose - hell being another word for ligaments. I pulled into the med tent at mile 20 for a unplanned tape job on both knees. I walked the last six miles in. Painful painful painful, but still had a good time.

Congratulations to all who gave it their all on the course. That is the true measure of accomplishment

And why am I already thinking Goofy next year. I really need some serious help.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DANG. I hate to hear of all these illnesses and injuries during and leading up to the race.

Glad everyone is ok and finished. STILL a major accomplishment.

JillC LI

Great to hear everyone's accomplishments! Nice job to those of you who had to muddle through in the face of injury.

Congrats to everyone that finished. You all should be proud of yourselves, regardless of your times!!!!

Here are my times (my wife finished along with me).

1/2 marathon: 2:48
Marathon: 6:33

My wife finished about 1 minute faster on the full, because I decided to walk in and wave at everyone in the finish area, and then I chatted with Kreigh Kelly as he was announcing.......Took a picture with Minnie and Mickey....

What a great weekend!

Terry

MKCP 1985

My full marathon time was 5 hours, 18 minutes and 47 seconds. A whopping eleven seconds slower than last year's time! :lol: I am happy with the results as the half marathon race had been just one day before and this was my first time ever to run that type of distance on back to back days. I didn't have a specific time goal before hand but just wanted to run a good race and finish stronger than last year. That goal was met.

picture.php

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
My full marathon time was 5 hours, 18 minutes and 47 seconds. A whopping eleven seconds slower than last year's time! :lol: I am happy with the results as the half marathon race had been just one day before and this was my first time ever to run that type of distance on back to back days. I didn't have a specific time goal before hand but just wanted to run a good race and finish stronger than last year. That goal was met.

picture.php
WAY TO GO DOUG. Looking good. I love seeing you carrying your own water pods. I think Ill do that same and not rely on water stations and placement. I like water about every 4-6 miles, to wash down a Honey Stinger. :animwink:

JillC LI

WAY TO GO DOUG. Looking good. I love seeing you carrying your own water pods. I think Ill do that same and not rely on water stations and placement. I like water about every 4-6 miles, to wash down a Honey Stinger. :animwink:

Yes, hats off to everyone who did the Goofy! Most impressive, and a tad crazy! LOL

Definitely bring a few fuel bottles of your own, Joel. I started the marathon with two filled with gatorade, and when I saw my family at mile 17, I swapped them for two fresh ones. I also passed some friends at mile 10 and at mile 23, and they were each prepared with another small bottle of gatorade for me to grab as I ran by. I also grabbed some water cups on-the-go a few times, but it was good to have the drinks I wanted when I wanted them.

Wilt Dasney

I just want to add that even though I didn't see the majority of you over race weekend, it's such a cool feeling to imagine that all of us converged for a common cause over a few days.

Seeing the massive work that had gone into preparing the roads a few nights before the half (like the endless parade of orange cones) and then encountering folks out for some last minute jogs on the Boardwalk and other places as the races drew nearer, plus witnessing the HUGE crowds of runners at the Expo...it just gave me such a humbling sense of being part of something bigger than myself.

Who knows, maybe a few of us passed each other before or during race day and didn't know it.

Seriously, huge congratulations to all the members of this community who showed up and did the hard work over race weekend. We might not know each other, but I feel like we all share something...not just in general, but in specific based on our shared moment in the sun at this wonderful place (which I'll be leaving Sunday) over a couple of days.

Erin_Akey

I just want to add that even though I didn't see the majority of you over race weekend, it's such a cool feeling to imagine that all of us converged for a common cause over a few days.

Seeing the massive work that had gone into preparing the roads a few nights before the half (like the endless parade of orange cones) and then encountering folks out for some last minute jogs on the Boardwalk and other places as the races drew nearer, plus witnessing the HUGE crowds of runners at the Expo...it just gave me such a humbling sense of being part of something bigger than myself.

Who knows, maybe a few of us passed each other before or during race day and didn't know it.

Seriously, huge congratulations to all the members of this community who showed up and did the hard work over race weekend. We might not know each other, but I feel like we all share something...not just in general, but in specific based on our shared moment in the sun at this wonderful place (which I'll be leaving Sunday) over a couple of days.

That was really cool. I am SUCH a sentimental fool as those who know me are well aware and that post was awesome. I too felt this sense of being art of something bigger than myself. Part of the thrill for me was being at the parks afterwards and seeing other runners with their medals and all of us congratulating each other etc.

I made it a point to say that to EVERY runner I came across.

And for me, sure I just finished my first half, but when I had my medal on, and people high fived me in the parks etc., I felt like I had just won an olympic gold medal!!! :D

my well-earned rum and diet coke post-race at The Gurgling Suitcase!

MKCP 1985

very nice, BJ and Erin! :king:

During one of the races, I ran for a good while alongside a man and woman wearing blue tee shirts with a Disney based website (I can't remember exactly what it was now, but it wasn't wdwmagic, obviously). Anyway, that sight made me think of this site, and wonder how many runners that day have ties to this site, whether by participating in the forums or simply reading for information. It it cool being part of such a large network and in an age where businesses come and go, I am grateful for wdwmagic and what its moderators and members bring to the knowledge base for fans like us.

SpongeScott

2:42:09 for the half.

I made a mistake and overdressed for the weather. I was anticipating low to mid 40's and it was mid 50's and high humidity, and I failed to check the forecast when I got up Saturday morning. By mile 2 I was pouring sweat. I knew it wasn't my day for a PR, so I backed off and took it easy, knowing that I had two days in the parks ahead of me with my family.

Still, I again got to run a race at the happiest place on the earth, so I'm more than satisfied.

Next year--the full!

Kristia

Hey everyone! Good job to all those that ran the 1/2 and the full! My husband and I ran the full and finished at 6:48:02 hand in hand! It was an awesome day. We did really great until about mile 18 and really started feeling it. We walked miles 25 and 26 and were able to kick in the running again when we saw the finish line. My goal was to finish and we felt awesome when we were done! I wasn't sure we would make it due to my previous knee injury and lack of training (only got in 2 - 15 mile long runs) but we got 'er done!!!! We can't do it every year, but would like to make it back in 2013 to try for a better time. Plenty of time to train! I am hooked! I will hopefully be doing a trip report soon with tons of pics!

Erin_Akey

Hey everyone! Good job to all those that ran the 1/2 and the full! My husband and I ran the full and finished at 6:48:02 hand in hand! It was an awesome day. We did really great until about mile 18 and really started feeling it. We walked miles 25 and 26 and were able to kick in the running again when we saw the finish line. My goal was to finish and we felt awesome when we were done! I wasn't sure we would make it due to my previous knee injury and lack of training (only got in 2 - 15 mile long runs) but we got 'er done!!!! We can't do it every year, but would like to make it back in 2013 to try for a better time. Plenty of time to train! I am hooked! I will hopefully be doing a trip report soon with tons of pics!

CONGRATS to you both! finishing a full marathon is such huge accomplishment!

SpongeScott

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

No. I'm still sane.

I'm going to shoot for 2:15 in the half. If I can do that in 2012, I'll shoot for 2:00 in 2013. If I can do that, I MAY consider doing the full in 2014.

. . . but probably not.:lookaroun
Come on, you've got way too many Donald medals in your trophy case. Time to get a Mickey. We could pace each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom