Marathon weekend- report your times here

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
Ok...I'll start..ran my first ever half this morning....ran a 2:53:59..not great, but I'll take it. I've already decided to run the W&D half in fall....such a great event and experience.

MKCP 1985

congrats! My finish time ended up at 2:37:05. If I hadn't slowed down to high 5 Mickey and Minnie at the finish line . . . :lol:

Disney Dawg88

My chip time was 2:29:49 . . . not my best Disney half marathon time wise, but it was great to run it again after taking a couple of years off.

Texas84

Ok...I'll start..ran my first ever half this morning....ran a 2:53:59..not great, but I'll take it. I've already decided to run the W&D half in fall....such a great event and experience.
2:53:14. You were right behind me! :ROFLOL:

anc33

I did 3:01:16 and I was thrilled. If I had been able to complete my training I probably would have been about 15 min faster. However, I got one heck of a groin pull before Thanksgiving and I didn't run until the race to allow it to heal. I decided to dial the effort back but I was still worried it would be an epic failure. I was so happy to finish and I felt 100% better after this race compared to the Wine & Dine (my first half). Looking forward to doing this all over again at the Princess!

Figment82

I'm a speed walker, not a runner, so my time for the half was 3:26:11.

But, I beat my time in W&D (my first ever half) by 5 minutes so I was thrilled! I felt so much better this time around - so I'm taking that as a positive sign that I'm improving a little. I'm going to skip the Princess and instead do the Disneyland Half (gotta get that Coast to Coast medal) and W&D.

Congrats to everyone!

AUPr8Hd

2:42:47 for me. I took it easy this last month due to health issues. So, I stopped for pictures when I saw something of interest. I ran the Wine&Dine in 2:42:33. So, I can tell there was improvement.

Erin_Akey

My time was 3:40. No it isn't fast or anything, BUT it was my first ever half and between photo breaks and bathrom breaks, I WILL TAKE IT!

I am proud to say that as slow as I was I NEVER saw the sweepers which was my biggest fear. After the health problems I had had in November and December, I am just thankful to have finished!

SO ready for the Wine and Dine! My goal is now to do the full in 2012 and the Goofy in 2013!

We had a BLAST!

bellissimo

good job, everyone!

this was my first half as well, and i ran a 1:50. it should have been a 1:45, but i couldn't help myself and had to take a picture in front of the magic kingdom :p such a great race though! the entertainment and environment was just great.

JillC LI

My time was 3:40. No it isn't fast or anything, BUT it was my first ever half and between photo breaks and bathrom breaks, I WILL TAKE IT!

I am proud to say that as slow as I was I NEVER saw the sweepers which was my biggest fear. After the health problems I had had in November and December, I am just thankful to have finished!

SO ready for the Wine and Dine! My goal is now to do the full in 2012 and the Goofy in 2013!

We had a BLAST!

I've been watching on here to see how things went for you! Congratulations! We all told you that you could do it and you did! Great job! :sohappy:

Great job everyone! :sohappy:

fmingo36

Finished my first full marathon in 5:44.

I did stop and take a lot of pictures (which I hope to be able to post on here soon) and I had a knee injury at Mile 19 so I spent 5 minutes in the medical tent getting iced up.

It was such a great marathon!

WishIwasThere

We had a BLAST!

Awesome job Erin. You should be proud to know that you finished 50 minutes than the slowest time allowed so you were WAY ahead of any sweepers.

Keep up the running and you will be in fine shape for 2012, which according to my wife (who did the Goofy this year) was WAY better than the 1/2. Not as many people, way more food stations (and better food too), way more characters and entertainment, and way more people cheering you on.

Katherine

First full marathon and I finished in 4:20:26 not too shabby. Thought it was a great race but definitely felt the full force of the "wall" between mile 18 and 21... Oh man... Excited to do another half or full marathon soon though!

Congrats to everyone who ran this weekend!

Main Street USA

My first marathon. Finished in 6:08:xx. My biggest obstacle? No training!

I had run a half back in September and finished in 2:16:xx. I hadn't run more than a TOTAL of about 10 miles or so from that time up until this marathon. I PAID THE PRICE! I was at the half point at about 2:30, and I had to walk from mile 15 all the way to the end. My legs were DEAD. When I finally saw the finish line and all the people, I decided I HAD to try to jog the rest of the way. When I started to jog, I literally heard the crowd get louder as they try to cheer me on, and then about 10 steps into my jog, both of my calves seized up and I almost collapsed. I struggled over to the rail and stretched them as best I could, the walked slowly the rest of the way. Oh well!

With no training, my goal was to finish, and I was lucky to do that.

Congrats to all who made the effort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom