Marathon Sunday nightmare

raven

Ah yes, everyone needs somebody to blame for everything they don't like.
While I agree I am not a fan of planning which rides we going on six months out, it is slowly growing on me. But if someone is looking to find fault with Disney with nearly everything, they will. Disney certainly has their faults and shortcomings but not every negative occurrence is of their doing.
Not every situation, no. But they certainly are helping it along with offering guests to book restaurants 6 months away. Guests who visit Disney for a day (due to other vacation plans) are then excluded from eating at the more enjoyable places. It used to be that you'd have to walk into Epcot and make reservations that morning for a restaurant you wanted to do that day. Or stroll around and discover a new place to eat. Now, even first time visitors are forced to make long range plans for places they know nothing about and can't simple stroll and discover the park like it was intended. They've created their own monster. FP is a whole other demon too.

21stamps

Not every situation, no. But they certainly are helping it along with offering guests to book restaurants 6 months away. Guests who visit Disney for a day (due to other vacation plans) are then excluded from eating at the more enjoyable places. It used to be that you'd have to walk into Epcot and make reservations that morning for a restaurant you wanted to do that day. Or stroll around and discover a new place to eat. Now, even first time visitors are forced to make long range plans for places they know nothing about and can't simple stroll and discover the park like it was intended. They've created their own monster. FP is a whole other demon too.

Thank to the hoarders it is actually a lot easier to find reservations within 72 hours of the day you're looking for. Especially same day.
Not all will be available, but plenty enough to not starve or.be condemned to counter service.

MMDVC

I am glad to see others find a FP handout does not equal fair compensation and yet we allow ourselves to act like it is a piece of gold. Personally I think it is insulting to our worth that Disney gives us something that costs them nothing when our vacation time on Disney property is pretty expensive.

raven

Thank to the hoarders it is actually a lot easier to find reservations within 72 hours of the day you're looking for. Especially same day.
Not all will be available, but plenty enough to not starve or.be condemned to counter service.
Unless you are a party of 2 ;)

plutofan15

I also was offered a FP for a situation I had at Be Our Guest restaurant. A couple of years ago I walked up to the CM host outside and put my name down for lunch for 2 people. The CM said they couldn't seat us unless we had a party of 4 or more. So I went to GS to voice my opinion and they called the restaurant but couldn't get an answer. So they offered me a FP which is supposed help with the trouble I had booking a dining experience? This was also during a very slow time of year so they weren't even busy at the time. I do believe now they offer tables for 2 but at the time they didn't and it floored me that they wouldn't let us in. To this day I've still yet to eat in there.

So you felt entitled to compensation because you didn't agree for a policy that was in place for everyone in the park? The seating policy was in place for a reason, right or wrong it was policy. Thank you for providing a perfect example of the feeling of entitlement prevailing today. So sorry they wouldn't change the seating policy for you.

raven

So you felt entitled to compensation because you didn't agree for a policy that was in place for everyone in the park? The seating policy was in place for a reason, right or wrong it was policy. Thank you for providing a perfect example of the feeling of entitlement prevailing today. So sorry they wouldn't change the seating policy for you.
Never said I felt entitled to a compensation of any sorts. And obviously they DID change the seating policy due to many complaints because now they do. So, it worked.

draybook

But I want it all. All of the resorts. All of the busses. Magical Express. Multi day discounts on tickets.. hotel discounts..free dining..AND I want the parks to NOT be crowded as a result.

We could all just wait in line hours on end for Space Mountain. That's what we did when I was a kid...but there was also not all of the resorts and transport that I just mentioned. Crowds were not the same. At the very least they didn't feel the same, maybe because of less strollers? ;)

Well, maybe when YOU pay thousands of dollars, YOU don't expect the moon and the stars. But when they portray the place as paradise on their commercials, can you really blame people for being let down when they have un-magical moments?

plutofan15

Never said I felt entitled to a compensation of any sorts. And obviously they DID change the seating policy due to many complaints because now they do. So, it worked.

Well thank you very much for all of your complaining. How are you sure that is the reason for the change? Perhaps the fact that the restaurant has been opened for some time and popularity has fallen off allowing for the change. What was your expected outcome of complaining that day? Just to let Disney know you were unhappy with the policy? Did you expect to get seated despite the policy? Seems like your time could have been better spent enjoying the park. Thanks for your sacrifice.

BalooChicago

Waiting in line for Peter Pan there was a woman completely going off as mine train was down when her FP was booked. "We paid thousands of dollars, booked these things months in advance, this was our one chance to ride it, and now we won't be able to". I could see her point. The lines for Mine Train (and Frozen) were nuts the whole time we were there.

21stamps

Well, maybe when YOU pay thousands of dollars, YOU don't expect the moon and the stars. But when they portray the place as paradise on their commercials, can you really blame people for being let down when they have un-magical moments?
I had a few unmagical moment during my last trip. I pouted inside momentarily, and made a decision that I wouldn't let it wreck our time.
I will definitely not waste precious vacation time standing in line at guest services or my hotel's front desk. Sometimes every moment may not always be perfect..but the overall vacation can still be near perfect.

It's all about your mindset, and ability to just "shake it off".

21stamps

Waiting in line for Peter Pan there was a woman completely going off as mine train was down when her FP was booked. "We paid thousands of dollars, booked these things months in advance, this was our one chance to ride it, and now we won't be able to". I could see her point. The lines for Mine Train (and Frozen) were nuts the whole time we were there.
The lines were nuts on our trip too. I wasn't able to get a FP for Frozen...not even at 60 days prior..the lowest posted wait time all day was 90minutes, and I wasn't willing to wait. We skipped it unfortunately.

Last year Space Mountain went down during our FP time..they still honored it at a different time once it was back up. Is that not standard procedure?

plutofan15

Th

That's life. How is Disney supposed portray their parks? Hell, McDonalds says their burgers are the best you'll ever have and we know that is not true. Sometimes things don't go as planned. You can roll with it or complain and let it ruin your vacation because you couldn't get on your favorite ride within a wait time that is acceptable to you.

raven

Well thank you very much for all of your complaining. How are you sure that is the reason for the change? Perhaps the fact that the restaurant has been opened for some time and popularity has fallen off allowing for the change. What was your expected outcome of complaining that day? Just to let Disney know you were unhappy with the policy? Did you expect to get seated despite the policy? Seems like your time could have been better spent enjoying the park. Thanks for your sacrifice.
Slow time of year and they had tables empty but wouldn't seat a part of 2. Hmm, seemed like a pretty good complaint at the time and GS did indeed tried to seat me but they couldn't get anyone to answer at the restaurant.
But I see it as a service and "sacrifice" for future parties of 2 which now can enjoy the establishment after GS told me they've had numberous complaints. I feel pretty happy about that actually. :D

Sorry that you feel that some guests should expect to be treated less fairly than other guests.

plutofan15

Actually she could. If a ride is down during your FP time, you will be able to use that FP when the ride returns to service.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The lines were nuts on our trip too. I wasn't able to get a FP for Frozen...not even at 60 days prior..the lowest posted wait time all day was 90minutes, and I wasn't willing to wait. We skipped it unfortunately.

Last year Space Mountain went down during our FP time..they still honored it at a different time once it was back up. Is that not standard procedure?
Yep that's usually standard procedure and has happened to us and we could go back once it was running again later. Happened for TT at Epcot on our last trip. :)

plutofan15

Slow time of year and they had tables empty but wouldn't seat a part of 2. Hmm, seemed like a pretty good complaint at the time and GS did indeed tried to seat me but they couldn't get anyone to answer at the restaurant.
But I see it as a service and "sacrifice" for future parties of 2 which now can enjoy the establishment after GS told me they've had numberous complaints. I feel pretty happy about that actually. :D

Sorry that you feel that some guests should expect to be treated less fairly than other guests.

How were you treated less fairly?

21stamps

How were you treated less fairly?

Is this true? Did BOG only allow parties of 4 or more? My first time dining there was in 2015, so I don't know.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Is this true? Did BOG only allow parties of 4 or more? My first time dining there was in 2015, so I don't know.
Odd. Not saying it didn't happen to them. But Been dinIng there since it opened and we are a party of 2 and have never had a problem. We were there even a few days after it opened. We have gone every year once or twice since as a party of 2 except 2016 when we did not have a trip. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom