Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

ImperfectPixie

Yeah, if you did it. But the cops can come speak to me about anything I have and search anything I have... I don’t commit crimes, so I don’t have anything to hide. I’ll talk to them all day long.
Same here. When I was young and stupid, I got pulled over at around 2am in my '79 Camaro by the state police. Cops were looking for a buddy of mine, not actually me, but pulled me over for "swerving" (aka, avoiding pot-holes). I spent, on average, 3-4 hours a day in my car because my boyfriend lived over an hour away, so there was junk EVERYWHERE. I was also woodcarving for a living at the time, and partied pretty hard at night. They asked if they could search my car, I said fine. They asked if I had any weapons, I said "No, but I'm a woodcarver and there are some chisels in the center console, so be careful because they're razor sharp." They asked about drugs/alcohol and if I'd been drinking. I said "I've not been drinking, but there's an open bottle of tequila in the glove compartment". They searched, while I stood freezing on the side of the road, and when they were finished, they wished me a good night and didn't even give me a warning.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Same here. When I was young and stupid, I got pulled over at around 2am in my '79 Camaro by the state police. Cops were looking for a buddy of mine, not actually me, but pulled me over for "swerving" (aka, avoiding pot-holes). I spent, on average, 3-4 hours a day in my car because my boyfriend lived over an hour away, so there was junk EVERYWHERE. I was also woodcarving for a living at the time, and partied pretty hard at night. They asked if they could search my car, I said fine. They asked if I had any weapons, I said "No, but I'm a woodcarver and there are some chisels in the center console, so be careful because they're razor sharp." They asked about drugs/alcohol and if I'd been drinking. I said "I've not been drinking, but there's an open bottle of tequila in the glove compartment". They searched, while I stood freezing on the side of the road, and when they were finished, they wished me a good night and didn't even give me a warning.

Not even a little spiel about the virtues of tidiness?

GhostlyGoofy

Oh no. There better not be a scene with Buzzy and a wood chipper.

No his sad fate will be more like Terminator 2
😭😭😭😭

peter11435

Orlando jurors let Casey Anthony go. Anything is possible.
Remember the jury only has access to the information, facts and evidence presented to the them during the trial. There are large amounts of information available to you via public records, online and media sources that the jury does not have. Unless you were actually one of the jurors on the case it’s impossible to properly judge whether or not they made the correct decision based on the information they had access to.

unmitigated disaster

Orlando jurors let Casey Anthony go. Anything is possible.
Yes, but some people refuse to believe a parent could kill their kid.

Not to be obnoxious and point out the obvious again but it's really going to come down, in my inexpert opinion, to how good the prosecutor is and how impartial the jury will really be. Sadly for laughing boy, I imagine no one's going to take "the cops are prejudiced against rich white boys and made this up!" seriously because I bet that's what he feels.

Sir_Cliff

I think people here might be overestimating how big a deal the average person will think it is that a young guy who (likely) has no criminal record stole stuff from Disney World to sell on the Internet. I find it hard to see how a jury would find him not guilty, but I also don't think they'll be baying for blood in the same way people are on here.

It would be logical for the defence to spin this as the story of a naive young man from a nice family who possibly made some mistakes, but who was then treated in an overly heavy-handed fashion by law enforcement doing the bidding of a massive corporation. Who knows if they'll buy that and let him off, but it will be easier to convey that storyline than the arrogant and entitled attitude of Spikes we all saw play out online.

GhostlyGoofy

Sadly for laughing boy, I imagine no one's going to take "the cops are prejudiced against rich white boys and made this up!" seriously because I bet that's what he feels.
Good points. It's certainly going to hurt him that in the podcast interview that was handed over to cops he claimed that a person attempted to sell him Buzzy's clothes and that Buzzy was moved as an excuse to arrest him. On top of all pics he took of himself with the props

ImperfectPixie

I think people here might be overestimating how big a deal the average person will think it is that a young guy who (likely) has no criminal record stole stuff from Disney World to sell on the Internet. I find it hard to see how a jury would find him not guilty, but I also don't think they'll be baying for blood in the same way people are on here.

It would be logical for the defence to spin this as the story of a naive young man from a nice family who possibly made some mistakes, but who was then treated in an overly heavy-handed fashion by law enforcement doing the bidding of a massive corporation. Who knows if they'll buy that and let him off, but it will be easier to convey that storyline than the arrogant and entitled attitude of Spikes we all saw play out online.
The evidence will tell the "arrogant and entitled attitude" story. The prosecution need only show that interrogation video and the pics showing him hamming it up in some of the stolen goods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom