Male Cast Member Costumes

Californian Elitist

Back when they were alive, my grandparents said and thought many things I disagreed with. That doesn't mean they were bad people who didn't enrich my life immeasurably.
My grandfather isn’t bigoted or “backwards,” but he buys into crazy and wild conspiracy theories, like JFK wasn’t actually assassinated, but was taken to the same island Tupac was taken to (and still currently resides), where he lived out the rest of his life in peace.

5C3A10F6-9AC6-4D0C-A37F-7CC63BF25185.gif

Patcheslee

My grandfather isn’t bigoted or “backwards,” but he buys into crazy and wild conspiracy theories, like JFK wasn’t actually assassinated, but was taken to the same island Tupac was taken to (and still currently resides), where he lived out the rest of his life in peace.

View attachment 702627
Biofather and his side was 100% backwards and cut ties with them. Last I knew the police were still sneaking into his home to rearrange his dishes, and I should be at home "pleasing my husband".
Last thing I want is someone that toxic around my daughter.

CntrlFlPete

Costume freedom .and comfort, accommodation etc seems to be a buzzword. The weather in the summer in Orlando is no different that 1970s/80s. Did cast complain as much back then? I noticed the street sweepers in custodial have plastic brooms and plastic vertical trash catchers that they pan and broom the trash into. In the 1970s/80s the plastic vertical trash catchers were made of metal which was heavier on the arms . Seems like the cast back in the day managed with that to keep the streets in the parks clean.

and yet Orlando has had more 90 degree + days in recent years than in the '70s/'80s. Heck, they started in FEB this year.

Cesar R M

Imagine spending this much time worrying about whether the popcorn vendor in Liberty Square should be wearing a skirt and bonnet or knee socks and knickers…
This scene reminds me of that infamous meme comic of a man worried when waking up, when showering, when commuting and still worried while working... always thinking about the "female" shorts a man was wearing on a theme park 3500km away from him.

Club Cooloholic

I have spent the last two days roaming the Walt Disney Resort with my family. Has anyone notice male cast members now wearing female costuming? For example: Friday evening a male with a beard wearing a dress in the Magic Kingdom- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe cleaning tables, Saturday morning Animal Kingdom aviary male cast members with press on nails tater long painted red, Saturday afternoon in Epcot- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall a male with a beard dressed in Norwegian female costuming outside the restaurant. Is this something new at the Walt Disney Resort?
Pics or it didn't happen

flynnibus

Premium Member
I laugh because there has been costumes over the years where males wore skirts, like brave meet and greet hosts and merchandise hosts in Asia at DAK, no one thought it was the end of the world then.
Because those instances are consistent with their cultural norms and uses.

Someone in a traditional kilt is not the same as a random guy in a sundress, etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How are they different?
Because those instances are consistent with their cultural norms and uses.
The kilt example is consistent with its origin and established use.

If you show up in MK wearing your pajamas.. I don't care what gender you identify with, you're going to get blowback from people because of the contradiction of the cultural norms and established uses.

NickMaio

You’re projecting your belief that people shouldn’t project and beliefs!

It honestly should not be a controversial statement to say that men don’t wear dresses and women do.

I was just at a performance last night that included some drag, I’m not at all super conservative but to act like this is some crazy concept!
???

People should not....look at human history, when did projecting a groups beliefs onto others play out well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom