Male Cast Member Costumes

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Maybe society should see any style of clothing, whether trousers or skirt/kilt, as unisex. And stop worrying about "what's for boys" and "what's for girls."
Yeah, let's toss out the 2 million years of social, cultural, and biological evolution since H. erectus first stood upright and replace it with the far superior wisdom of... *checks notes*... the last 60 years.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Remember wearing shorts and sticking to the old vinyl car seats??? With no A/C?
Absolutely, we only traveled in the summer and my parents bought cars and immediately covered the seats with plastic. At least factory vinyl seats had a degree of texture in them, the plastic covers I remember were smooth plastic and if your legs developed a connection it was some joy trying to move. That was especially true with my Dad because as far as I could tell he had a bladder the size of a VW Beetle, so hours would go by with no stopping. Since then, any car I owned had to have cloth seats until I bought my Cadillac. That had a fan under the sear that blew cool air up through the perforated leather to prevent butt swamp.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, let's toss out the 2 million years of social, cultural, and biological evolution since H. erectus first stood upright and replace it with the far superior wisdom of... *checks notes*... the last 60 years.
You cannot be serious about that. In the last 60 years *checks experience* styles, clothing and expectations have changed over and over again, many times repeating life choices long forgotten. What a boring existance we would have if nothing ever changed. Those that weren't here to experience 60 years ago are doomed to repeat it.

Lilofan

Absolutely, we only traveled in the summer and my parents bought cars and immediately covered the seats with plastic. At least factory vinyl seats had a degree of texture in them, the plastic covers I remember were smooth plastic and if your legs developed a connection it was some joy trying to move. That was especially true with my Dad because as far as I could tell he had a bladder the size of a VW Beetle, so hours would go by with no stopping. Since then, any car I owned had to have cloth seats until I bought my Cadillac. That had a fan under the sear that blew cool air up through the perforated leather to prevent butt swamp.
I remember plastic but when my parents bought a brand new couch they covered it in plastic and as little ones we sat on played on the couches.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So you just skipped over all the posts in this thread showing how those ancient traditions have changed quite a lot, often within people's lifetimes.

Good for you!

Goofyernmost

The roofers that reroof my home took 3 days. The temp outside was 95 degrees , goodness how much hotter up on my roof. The workers were covered head to toe with clothing bandanas and hat. You could only see their eyes. They worked 8-4 for 3 days. They took a 30 min lunch break and sat in their work truck. I asked them in Spanish anytime they needed to use my bathrooms just ring the doorbell. They never did ( who knows ? the roofers could have fertilized my bushes from up on the roof ) and their work truck never left my driveway for the 3 days work. When I used to cut my grass I wore the same in intense degree heat when I worked out in my yard, covered head to toe with clothing helps to not get bitten by snakes too, since one rattler crawled up my leg when I was walking through the grass one day.
They sweat out whatever liquid needed to escape would be my guess. That same thing happened on my apartment building. Over 100 degrees at ground level and it was flannel, long sleeve shirts, hats and bandana's. I don't know how they did it.

TrainsOfDisney

Honestly - I can't believe in this day and age people are still projecting their beliefs onto others - even strangers.
You’re projecting your belief that people shouldn’t project and beliefs!

It honestly should not be a controversial statement to say that men don’t wear dresses and women do.

I was just at a performance last night that included some drag, I’m not at all super conservative but to act like this is some crazy concept!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So you just skipped over all the posts in this thread showing how those ancient traditions have changed quite a lot, often within people's lifetimes.

Good for you!
Men and women are different. Not unequal, but different. And if you want to get progressive about it, suggesting otherwise is actually trans erasure. If men and women weren't different, then transitioning from one to the other would be meaningless.

I have zero problem with a trans woman wearing the women's costume, but a cis man wearing the women's costume is silly and achieves nothing but stroking the ego of the cast member who wants to make the show about them.

DisAl

Men and women are different. Not unequal, but different. And if you want to get progressive about it, suggesting otherwise is actually trans erasure. If men and women weren't different, then transitioning from one to the other would be meaningless.

I have zero problem with a trans woman wearing the women's costume, but a cis man wearing the women's costume is silly and achieves nothing but stroking the ego of the cast member who wants to make the show about them.
Yet another reason we are not taking the grandkids to WDW this year...

LittleBuford

9737905912e527986d826ebabb5d9ce5--cosplay-comic-con-disney-cosplay.jpg

Chi84

Premium Member
I would agree if it’s true bigotry or hatefulness. But even people of normal sensibilities have a hard time getting used to the kind of rapid changes that society goes through from time to time.

We found with our kids that calm and reasonable explanations about differences based on age, upbringing, etc. worked better than cutting them off from people who see things differently.

It’s only my opinion, but I think that helps teach kids how to deal with what they come up against when you’re not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

jloucks

I was having a hard time articulating the vibe I was getting, but this helped.

A bearded man in a dress seems like a narcisistic move simply for attention.

This has been going on for decades at ren faires. You will have strait dudes in dresses just for giggles. ...or maybe a lost bet or two. But most likely, just for attention because, apparently, men in dresses is super funny when drinking.

It is kinda funny when drinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom