Making the TTA (WEDway) Major League

Skipper2

Original Poster
Gotta have every detail just right before the delivery can be made, a cast member would have to be there to give directions to the guests to keep hands back until the tray is locked in place, and to override delivery/non-delivery. Of course I prefer WALL-E and EVA for this food delivery job. Unfortunately finding those models to work with is tuff. However any character can be made into an AA that has the ability to do this job if the right robotics are used under the skin.

WowFactor

Skipper2, do not get me wrong but the food deliver method is the only thing I'm having second thoughts on your propose.
I'd cut it out. :eek::eek::eek:

Let me explain...

IMO a kind of "kuka" arm in Tomorow Land, despite the difficulties to make it work, it's totally plausible, but for the other 3 TTA's stations I think doesn't fit. I think you should use real people (in fact here they are the better choice).

When I talk about the difficulties to make it happen it's not only because of the Kuka/TTA movement. I think it's almost impossible to cover some points:

- Delivery a correct order to the correct TTA (we need a double/triple-check);
- Arms do not drop anything;
- Arms moving at same pace of TTAs (arround the TTA station);
- Arms keeping clear from the guests (safety);
- Guests keeping away from the arms (impossible to handle the kids and the selfies);
- What If somebody wants a extra ketchup/napkin?;
- What if we got a wrong order?;
- What to do with TTA that is dirty?;
- If something goes wrong all the ride stops like HM?

Maybe a scene just before you get the TTA station where you see the AA's "cooking" your meal or listen a character message in the TTA's speakers saying that you order it's ready could work as a plan B.

Skipper2

Original Poster
I agree with everyting, all are concerns.

For now it stays because I already have a plan to address all of the above in detail in a 5 pager I'm working on. When I finish polishing it up I'll present it. (A day or two). I kinda oversimplified when I described using the 5 axis robots. The actual contraption I have planned to deliver the table top is something you have seen and used hands on in the past but is well modified. Trust me it is safe and fail-safed. And everyone here has used one (this is a riddle to solve). This gadget is what actually started this idea for the TTA and I've been drawing it on paper for months. Unfortunately it is a pain to illustrate on a computer with my limited skills(I have to scratch design all the modifications), so the 5axis is a stand in until I get it right so the concept of robotics being involved is illustrated. Suffice to say I have a human in the loop actually triggering the robotic process and controlling it at all times. I know its hard to picture how with very few details but the idea is sound. The table is delivered quickly but set in place slowly almost manually and without the robots. Remember at the very beginning I said modified TTA ride vehicles. I may try and build a prototype using legos from my youngest since he has an abandoned Mind-Storm set in his closet.

My idea also keep the food from blowing off the tray while being loaded, and keeps the bugs away, as well as solves some of the trash afterwards issues.

Car cleaning I got covered fairly easy, it will be in the long text as to details. Labor intensive, kinda.

The extra's are fairly simple, the table top itself will be pre-stocked with a generous amount of this stuff.

Wrist bands are an incredible resource to exploit for this endeavor.

All that said if I can't get the on-screen version to move properly or the legos then the robot is out.

WowFactor

I agree with everyting, all are concerns.

For now it stays because I already have a plan to address all of the above in detail in a 5 pager I'm working on. When I finish polishing it up I'll present it. (A day or two). I kinda oversimplified when I described using the 5 axis robots. The actual contraption I have planned to deliver the table top is something you have seen and used hands on in the past but is well modified. Trust me it is safe and fail-safed. And everyone here has used one (this is a riddle to solve). This gadget is what actually started this idea for the TTA and I've been drawing it on paper for months. Unfortunately it is a pain to illustrate on a computer with my limited skills(I have to scratch design all the modifications), so the 5axis is a stand in until I get it right so the concept of robotics being involved is illustrated. Suffice to say I have a human in the loop actually triggering the robotic process and controlling it at all times. I know its hard to picture how with very few details but the idea is sound. The table is delivered quickly but set in place slowly almost manually and without the robots. Remember at the very beginning I said modified TTA ride vehicles. I may try and build a prototype using legos from my youngest since he has an abandoned Mind-Storm set in his closet.

My idea also keep the food from blowing off the tray while being loaded, and keeps the bugs away, as well as solves some of the trash afterwards issues.

Car cleaning I got covered fairly easy, it will be in the long text as to details. Labor intensive, kinda.

The extra's are fairly simple, the table top itself will be pre-stocked with a generous amount of this stuff.

Wrist bands are an incredible resource to exploit for this endeavor.

All that said if I can't get the on-screen version to move properly or the legos then the robot is out.
Yes! This thread is fun! :cool:

WowFactor

tenor.gif

Beware he is always hungry ;-)

Skipper2

Original Poster
The table to is supported completely by the table support contraption (TSC from this point forward) this will mean that at bottom position the table will not be resting on the non-door side of the ride vehicle. 1 inch clearance above the ride vehicle body's lowest point in the cut-out area on the non-door side., this is to keep fingers safe. The body of the ride vehicle will need to be modified so that the recessed area shown below is slightly lower to allow for a better eating height for the table.
wed.jpg
Additionally the table will move slowly in its up down motion. The TSC will be "pushed" into place by WALL-E or other automated systems (robots). The long bottom forks will fit into holes in the body of the ride vehicle just above the Linear Induction Motor Platen (LIM) as to not interfere with ride wheels and mag field generated by the system. Electrical power for the table will be provided by the ride vehicle through contacts in the forks. Sensors in the "pusher" will be used to ensure the TSC aligns correctly with the TTA car.

Skipper2

Original Poster
This project started with an idea to use lift-gate struts or office chair lift cylinders to control table height but, in the end I found modifying a electrical screw-drive type height adjustable office desk was the slickest and least mechanically intense to illustrate, and probably easier to maintain as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom