Making the TTA (WEDway) Major League

Skipper2

Original Poster
WIP HM Choice.JPG
Direction of travel for TTA is from ISW then to HM heading west and then turning north toward the New Primeval World display from the earlier posts.

Last edited:

Skipper2

Original Poster
I wouldn't show the inside graveyard, agree with you it's redundant....
I don't know if you can show something outside in that area besides trees that will cover the TTA passengers view.
A lot of trees will be coming down, the intent is to make a spooky yet fun graveyard that can be seen from Liberty Belle on the river and from the TTA and the HM Q line. Enough trees removed to create the sight lines needed but not enough to deforest the entire hill. 100ft riverfront cleared and probably 75ft up by the HM.

Skipper2

Original Poster
New AA's or other tech used to create a living graveyard with stuff to see, lots of fog machines and back-lighting at night. Maybe the headless horseman or the hatbox ghost. I have an idea for having a crypt/masoleum where the front door is actually a HD display and you can show various ghost scenes. If it is far enough away that the guests can't see that it is a TV screen the effect can be pretty convincing. The crypt will have 2 front sides, one facing the HM/TTA and one facing the river both sides with displays.

spacemt354

Chili's
Is there a possible 3rd option that avoids Splash? I hate to say it but this route seems like it's going through major structural points of Splash that it might not be worth it for a glimpse at an attraction you can get on the railroad. Rather, could it hug the shoreline of Tom Sawyer Island, gradually incline over the parade route, themed to a Frontierland style wooden bridge (which transition the walking guests below a little better to a 'mountain reveal' -- and then after that bridge...the peoplemover continues on towards Pirates?

Skipper2

Original Poster
Is there a possible 3rd option that avoids Splash? I hate to say it but this route seems like it's going through major structural points of Splash that it might not be worth it for a glimpse at an attraction you can get on the railroad. Rather, could it hug the shoreline of Tom Sawyer Island, gradually incline over the parade route, themed to a Frontierland style wooden bridge (which transition the walking guests below a little better to a 'mountain reveal' -- and then after that bridge...the peoplemover continues on towards Pirates?
Possible but how to theme it will be the issue. Having the TTA traverse inside the park on display is not ideal. Hiding it behind exisiting structures seems better to me. If I run it in front of the RR or hug the shoreline it will require being full themed for those sections on both sides of the TTA.

Without actual structural blueprints I can't really evaluate the path through splash. That said the service-way is 6ft 8in wide as it runs parallel with the RR through the mountain. I don't know the load they designed that area for but I'm fairly sure it can handle the TTA. I expect that DIS made the RR and Service-way in a single pour of concrete and that it will be rated equal to that of the RR if I put the TTA in that area. The tunnel is actually already wide enough if you include the service area and no vertical steel is evident on the basic layout blueprint I have. The actual tunnel entrances are not structural supports they are just facades. Last week I did the WDWRR on my visit and was able to tell the "beams" framing the entrance are non-structural elements. There is an un-annotated item in the service way on the blueprint but I think it may be a prop of some nature, although I didn't see one on my ride through. As for structural at the Frontierland station, that will be a challenge as it will require new footers to be poured to match the existing ones in order to support the TTA. If I go through the mountain the view for the TTA will be the opposite side of that of the RR, you will be looking at one of the drops. TTA won't be able to see the same as the RR because, the TTA riders sight line is 5ft lower looking to splash on the east. Consequently the RR wouldn't be able to through the window the TTA would be using to look west because of the "safety" wall and roof that would be installed inside the tunnel to separate the RR from it. Unfortunately due to all of that the view from TTA into splash will be less than 3 seconds I expect. Not optimal but, the primary goal is getting through the Splash area more than seeing the show for this particular ride. An interactive display wall can be used in the tunnel, to show Brer Rabbit running through/around and keeping up with the TTA as it moves south.

Last edited:

Skipper2

Original Poster
I was thinking about using a railroad roundhouse circa 1880's for the TTA station in Frontierland. 2nd/3rd floor would be the TTA loading carousel. 1st floor would be a fully themed indoor quick-serve restaurant. Theme would include having a steam engine, eating areas and tables would be styled like the WDWRR passenger cars except with tabletops installed of course. 2 or 3 cars plus the engine should make it look pretty cool I think. I will have a simple layout graphic in a few hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom