Making Memories with Magic Friends

Disnut

I took my DS to that job interview. They are looking at him for the Lawn and Garden Dept. at Lowe's.:sohappy: But they really aren't hiring for another 2-3 weeks for the one they are building near us. Which should be opening mid July. :shrug:

k.hunter30

I took my DS to that job interview. They are looking at him for the Lawn and Garden Dept. at Lowe's.:sohappy: But they really aren't hiring for another 2-3 weeks for the one they are building near us. Which should be opening mid July. :shrug:
That could be a fun job! :sohappy:

Dukeblue1016

so i fear I've been screwed over a little bit...

the problem is I know it's probably the fairest decision and otherwise wouldn't be fair... but I essentially got screwed... and it sucks...

basically...

Because of when I came on staff... I was given two weeks vacation starting February 1st until December 31st... rather than for the full year... just because you had to be here 6 months until you got vacationt ime...

before I even applied for the job, let alone get the job, the entire family+ (like 15 of us) had Disney booked in january for my dad and SIL's race...

so when I got the offer and before I even accepted (not that it had a solitary thing to do with me accepting or not) I said "okay i get 2 weeks in february but i have a vacation already planned and booked... and it's a big family thing, if I have to i'll cancel it..." and I was told I could go...

so then my first day I double checked with the director and he said it was fine... and i offered to take it unpaid... and i was told it wasn't neccessary, so then I said "okay well then February 1st when I get my 2 weeks, will I immediately have a week deducted..." and I was told no... and that it was totally fine...

so then 3 months into working my parents ask me to go to aruba and I wanted to go, but I didn't want to have zero vacation time come March 20th when I got back... so again I went to my boss and said "okay so, I just want to know exactly how my January vacation will go... i technically don't have time, but i was told i could go... and I was told it would be paid and it wouldn't result in losing a week come february 1st" and I was told that's how it would work and february 1st I'd have two full weeks so after my March Aruba trip I'd have 1 week left...

well so allie and i are thinking of going back to aruba in october... and now... basically it sounds like they might say "look, we know what we said but... technically in the year 2008 you've gone on two vacations, you cannot take a third"

which, I understand that makes sense, but I wouldn't have gone to aruba and used up all my time so that come March I had ZERO TIME left to use for the remainder of the year... so basically I may not have a single day to take off for the remainder of the year now... and it just sucks because Allie and I have to cancel aruba, but not only that... I kinda got lied to...

so... i don't know... just sucks...

Dukeblue1016

sorry... I'm complaining A LOT this week and I feel really bad... I'm really sorry...

:(

I'll cheer up next week I promise...

*hangs head in shame smiley*

Disnut

sorry... I'm complaining A LOT this week and I feel really bad... I'm really sorry...

:(

I'll cheer up next week I promise...

*hangs head in shame smiley*
Hello Joe.:wave:
Sometimes life happens and we get screwed and we have to complain.:lookaroun:zipit:
I understand. You can come here and complain anytime to us. :kiss:
((Hugs))

Dukeblue1016

That does stink, Joe. Did you get any of that in writing when you took the job?

no... i didn't really think to...

I mean, my boss is beyond laid back and i mean him and I are friends... he's like "personally I want you to go... and I'm going to figure it out for you... I just don't know what the high-ups will say"

and it sounded like it might not be good...

but... it's suuuuuuuch a laid back atmosphere I may be okay...

we'll see... he's going to let me know today I think...

Dukeblue1016

I just have to say, you're very lucky if you're able to take three week-long vacations! In addition to holidays, I'm guessing.

I would be very lucky, but I mean, I was told I would be given that for my first year.

It's what I was told...

regardless, I was told I could book Aruba and go... it's fine.

:sohappy:

Now I'm calling the government because I never got my stimulus check... LAST WEEK

k.hunter30

So... I just found out today that they are filming Miley Cyrus's new movie in my town. How I've gone this long without knowing that, I have no idea! :rolleyes::hammer:

Nicole220

So... I just found out today that they are filming Miley Cyrus's new movie in my town. How I've gone this long without knowing that, I have no idea! :rolleyes::hammer:
Eek! Hannah Montana!

You get the beeeest of both worlds!! :sohappy:

*sings and dances*

:lookaroun

Today was a fun day...tell y'all about it later.
For now I must be off and finish the last of my gov project. :wave:

joanna71985

Oh my goodness, Prince Caspian was AMAZING!!!! That's all I can say (besides that Caspian is really cute!!:D). I can't wait to see it again tonight.

Fantasmic!329

I got my Progress Report today. :)

English II: 99 (Enthusiastic class participation)
English II Skills: 96 (Excellent effort)
Spanish II: 95 (Excellent effort / Doing great! Keep up the good work)
Geometry: 93
Phys. Ed.: Pass (Satisfactory effort / Overall performance is satisfactory)
Chemistry: 95 (Doing great! Keep up the good work)

I was pleased. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom