Making Memories with Magic Friends

Dukeblue1016

Can they do an MRI and find out?

no...

basically the injury is that... well first off in your leg there are five compartments of muscles/tissues...

in my bilateral anterior compartment of each shin... essentially any time you workout a muscle it swells up some... mine are swelling up a lot and causing so much pressure in the compartment that there isn't enough room in the compartment to contain it all... so the surgery is done to relieve the pressure caused by all this...

there really is no other way to relieve the pressure...

to 100% diagnose it with absolute certainy requires the testing where they stick catheters in your legs and make you run... it measures the pressure in your legs/in each compartment and so you can see if the pressure is too intense for that compartment...

PotteryGal

no...

basically the injury is that... well first off in your leg there are five compartments of muscles/tissues...

in my bilateral anterior compartment of each shin... essentially any time you workout a muscle it swells up some... mine are swelling up a lot and causing so much pressure in the compartment that there isn't enough room in the compartment to contain it all... so the surgery is done to relieve the pressure caused by all this...

to 100% diagnose it with absolute certainy requires the testing where they stick catheters in your legs and make you run... it measures the pressure in your legs/in each compartment and so you can see if the pressure is too intense for that compartment...

:dazzle::dazzle::dazzle: Yikes Joe - I'm sorry. I know surgery is a huge step, but the catheter thing sounds worse (to me anyway :shrug:) ((HUGS))

PotteryGal

Pretty good. I have just about all the clothes taken care of. Now I am starting to pack the other stuff.

I would have loved to see that!:ROFLOL:

Hey Susan

I did tell them after that teacher and the principal left, that I said 'YESSSS'!!!!! to myself. :lol: Joel's special ed teacher was really excited too, she has worked with this teacher alot.

Disnut

no...

That stinks. (I love that phrase now :lol:)

I guess the question is how much does running mean to you.

Disnut

I did tell them after that teacher and the principal left, that I said 'YESSSS'!!!!! to myself. :lol: Joel's special ed teacher was really excited too, she has worked with this teacher alot.
:lol:

We are looking into holding my youngest back in the 4th grade. :cry: I really don't think she would make it in the 5th right now.

PotteryGal

:lol:

We are looking into holding my youngest back in the 4th grade. :cry: I really don't think she would make it in the 5th right now.

A friend of mine is considering that with her 3rd grader - it's not an easy decision, Susan, but it's what best for your DD that counts. Will you have a meeting with the school about it?

Nicole220

http://www.pegeen.com/flower-girl-dresses-tio.php?TIO=318 (if you scroll over the colors, it would be the bottom row, 4th from the left "Steele Blue") This is one of my current faves.
Steph, I like this one.
The color reminds me of Cinderella's dress...it might fit in with their "pretty princess dress" idea. :)
What color are the bridesmaid dresses?

Hello...it's all over. It went well, thank goodness. They addressed all the same issues we had concerns about and explained what they would be doing for Joel next school year. Also met his first grade teacher next year - he got the exact person I was hoping for :sohappy:, she has had other autistic children in her classroom and knows exactly how to set things up for them. Their goal is to have him in the regular classroom about 80% of the time, and the remaining amount of time will be at resources (gym, music, art) and speech and OT. They believe he will exceed all expectations next year and are very excited to see where he will go. His first grade teacher has invited me down to her classroom, so I can see for myself how things will be set and wants Joel to come in prior to next school year to see things also.
I'm relieved, I'm also drained, all the tension is ebbing. They weren't trying to buck my suggestions, but considered them....we are leaving OT as is, with a re-evaluation this November to determine if he needs more one-on-one.
Thank you EVERYONE for your encouragement and support...it means a great deal to me. :kiss:
Oh Jenny, I'm so glad everything worked out!
That's fantastic news!!

no...

Yikes! :dazzle::(

((HUGS))

I'm sorry Joe...

Disnut

A friend of mine is considering that with her 3rd grader - it's not an easy decision, Susan, but it's what best for your DD that counts. Will you have a meeting with the school about it?
Since they are closing the school I really don't know what to do. We haven't talk about it much lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom