Making Memories with Magic Friends

nibblesandbits

Morning Nibblies! :kiss: How was the game?
It was GREAT! We won!!! Whoo hoo!!! I had a really fun time. WHF and I had a good date night and for once when we went to the baseball game, I wasn't ticked off at him. :lol: :lookaroun

I also got to see his new place of work. It's very interesting. The lobby is beautiful and it really feels like a hotel (his old hotel was in a mall and used to be an old train station, so it didn't really have the hotel feel to it.) I really felt jealous. (You have to understand, I have like a "fetish" about hotels. Nothing kinky...I just really have this HUGE urge to stay in one when I visit one. And it really overtook me yesterday, even though it was only 3 months ago since I stayed in one and it will be 4 months until I stay in more. :lol: )

nibblesandbits

Sure! Here's a few:
http://www.jordanfashions.com/products.asp?nCatID=6&nProductID=360&nPhotoID=6995 (this was the former front-runner)

http://www.marysbridal.com/flowergirls/f804.htm (I think this is what they have in mind, but might be a bit much w/ 2 of them)

http://www.pegeen.com/flower-girl-dresses-tio.php?TIO=318 (if you scroll over the colors, it would be the bottom row, 4th from the left "Steele Blue") This is one of my current faves.

http://www.theperfectpear.com/store/stores_app/browse_item_details_v3_photos.asp?Shopper_id=1124515914171124&Store_id=429&page_id=23&Item_Id=2493&Photo=One
(this is my other current fave. Love the back of it, the bows match my shoes :king:)

http://www.theperfectpear.com/store...tore_id=429&page_id=23&Item_Id=3094&Photo=One
(also super cute)

ACK!!!

For where? :lookaroun
I like two...the one that they really like: http://www.marysbridal.com/flowergirls/f804.htm

and the one you like: http://www.pegeen.com/flower-girl-dresses-tio.php?TIO=318

Uponastar

I like the one with the bows that match Steph's shoes.
And I really like the blue one. I love the style of that one, but don't know if you want that much blue.
Here's a thought if you wanted to go with that dress...You could have all their accessories in ivory...shoes, handbag, hair doo-dad, flowers, maybe even the ribbon that criss-crosses down the front of the dress. That way they'd be the opposite of you.

Disnut

I like the one with the bows that match Steph's shoes.
And I really like the blue one. I love the style of that one, but don't know if you want that much blue.
Here's a thought if you wanted to go with that dress...You could have all their accessories in ivory...shoes, handbag, hair doo-dad, flowers, maybe even the ribbon that criss-crosses down the front of the dress. That way they'd be the opposite of you.
That is a great idea.:sohappy:

mpoppins76

:wave:Back

Thanks for all the great input ladies! :kiss: I sent those and a few others to their Mom to look at too. Didn't tell her which ones I liked the best so I'm curious to see which ones she likes. :)

Dukeblue1016

sooooo....

orthopedic surgeon visit this morning went.... as expected...

it wasn't decided today... but... i'm 99.9999% certain (and i believe he is too, he just wanted me to try a few things first...)

I'm gonna be getting surgery on both legs...

BiggerTigger

Hello all. :wave:
George is going to dress up for MNSSHP, as a fireman. I think he'll be sweating with his gear on but, oh well. I need to get me a costume now. I told him I'll spike my hair and color it red and orange and go as a fire ball. :ROFLOL:

sooooo....

orthopedic surgeon visit this morning went.... as expected...

it wasn't decided today... but... i'm 99.9999% certain (and i believe he is too, he just wanted me to try a few things first...)

I'm gonna be getting surgery on both legs...
OOUCH!!!!! Why?
Though I am having knee surgery on my right leg again.

Dukeblue1016

OOUCH!!!!! Why?
Though I am having knee surgery on my right leg again.

I'm gonna tell the long version because... well it helps me vent and it's kind of an intense story...

He said the only real 100% way to diagnose it as that would be to go to an exertion bilateral anterior compartment syndrome lab… which he said he no longer knows of any good ones in the area but he would email some partners/friends and try to find one… he said if he does, a lot of people still don’t bother doing it because its “extremely unpleasant”

He said they stick needles and tubes (catheters) into your calf muscles and you have to exercise with them in... So I said “would you be able to exercise with that in there?” he said “not comfortably… and not easily… it really is extremely unpleasant…”

So his thoughts were… take 3-4 weeks to play around with it and try to find if anything helps… (what I’ve been doing for 2 months so I might call him back and say that… and that I should go to PT just once or twice to try and get some exercises and stretches that might help. I then asked if PT would help if it is in fact compartment syndrome and he said “not an (expletive) bit” but basically thought he was a way of trying to eliminate other things.

He said the only effective way to treat it is in fact surgery… said it’s about a 1-2 inch incision in front of the leg and it basically is done to relieve the pressure in that compartment (because that’s what causes the pain). He said there’s a 95% success rate the pain goes away entirely, and in his personal experience he has never seen re-occurrence… but it is possible. He said there can be cosmetic side effects though. Apparently (from my understand of what he was telling me) this surgery is used for a few different reasons… he said in car crashes or things like that if they use this procedure sometimes the pressure is relieved and the muscles expand so much they cannot reseal the skin and have to do cosmetic work and other times the muscles bulge and stick out… he said in my case there is a very small chance BUT IT IS NOT ZERO PERCENT he made sure I knew…

Also said a lot of people just say “I just don’t want the pain anymore, I’m not worried of side effects” and so they get the surgery... I said I’m the same way but I also don’t want to have deformities…

He also said he has a slight case of the same thing, but he just works around it, he doesn’t run anymore, or play sports that cause that pain… but he said at my age, I may not want to sacrifice those things… He said DO NOT RUN THROUGH THE PAIN… it can cause the muscles to die and then its an emergency case and an emergency procedure which is a lot worse than this…

Said the recovery time is a few days for walking… basically if he did it on a Thursday, I’d be back to work as early as Monday as late as Thursday… could run in about… 3-4 weeks… so… that’s not terrible…

but i did just read the recovery time for high intense sports is 12 weeks so... now i'm unsure...

Disnut

I'm gonna tell the long version because... well it helps me vent and it's kind of an intense story...

He said the only real 100% way to diagnose it as that would be to go to an exertion bilateral anterior compartment syndrome lab… which he said he no longer knows of any good ones in the area but he would email some partners/friends and try to find one… he said if he does, a lot of people still don’t bother doing it because its “extremely unpleasant”

He said they stick needles and tubes (catheters) into your calf muscles and you have to exercise with them in... So I said “would you be able to exercise with that in there?” he said “not comfortably… and not easily… it really is extremely unpleasant…”

So his thoughts were… take 3-4 weeks to play around with it and try to find if anything helps… (what I’ve been doing for 2 months so I might call him back and say that… and that I should go to PT just once or twice to try and get some exercises and stretches that might help. I then asked if PT would help if it is in fact compartment syndrome and he said “not an (expletive) bit” but basically thought he was a way of trying to eliminate other things.

He said the only effective way to treat it is in fact surgery… said it’s about a 1-2 inch incision in front of the leg and it basically is done to relieve the pressure in that compartment (because that’s what causes the pain). He said there’s a 95% success rate the pain goes away entirely, and in his personal experience he has never seen re-occurrence… but it is possible. He said there can be cosmetic side effects though. Apparently (from my understand of what he was telling me) this surgery is used for a few different reasons… he said in car crashes or things like that if they use this procedure sometimes the pressure is relieved and the muscles expand so much they cannot reseal the skin and have to do cosmetic work and other times the muscles bulge and stick out… he said in my case there is a very small chance BUT IT IS NOT ZERO PERCENT he made sure I knew…

Also said a lot of people just say “I just don’t want the pain anymore, I’m not worried of side effects” and so they get the surgery... I said I’m the same way but I also don’t want to have deformities…

He also said he has a slight case of the same thing, but he just works around it, he doesn’t run anymore, or play sports that cause that pain… but he said at my age, I may not want to sacrifice those things… He said DO NOT RUN THROUGH THE PAIN… it can cause the muscles to die and then its an emergency case and an emergency procedure which is a lot worse than this…

Said the recovery time is a few days for walking… basically if he did it on a Thursday, I’d be back to work as early as Monday as late as Thursday… could run in about… 3-4 weeks… so… that’s not terrible…

but i did just read the recovery time for high intense sports is 12 weeks so... now i'm unsure...
Hello Joe
That is alot to consider. I will be praying for you and your decision. :kiss:

Dukeblue1016

Hello Joe
That is alot to consider. I will be praying for you and your decision. :kiss:

thanks Susan!

it is kind of a lot on my plate right now... trying to weigh it all...

my girlfriend is a little skeptical about me deciding to go into surgery without being 100% certain of what it is...

she does have a point about that...

PotteryGal

Hello...it's all over. It went well, thank goodness. They addressed all the same issues we had concerns about and explained what they would be doing for Joel next school year. Also met his first grade teacher next year - he got the exact person I was hoping for :sohappy:, she has had other autistic children in her classroom and knows exactly how to set things up for them. Their goal is to have him in the regular classroom about 80% of the time, and the remaining amount of time will be at resources (gym, music, art) and speech and OT. They believe he will exceed all expectations next year and are very excited to see where he will go. His first grade teacher has invited me down to her classroom, so I can see for myself how things will be set and wants Joel to come in prior to next school year to see things also.
I'm relieved, I'm also drained, all the tension is ebbing. They weren't trying to buck my suggestions, but considered them....we are leaving OT as is, with a re-evaluation this November to determine if he needs more one-on-one.
Thank you EVERYONE for your encouragement and support...it means a great deal to me. :kiss:

joanna71985

Hello...it's all over. It went well, thank goodness. They addressed all the same issues we had concerns about and explained what they would be doing for Joel next school year. Also met his first grade teacher next year - he got the exact person I was hoping for :sohappy:, she has had other autistic children in her classroom and knows exactly how to set things up for them. Their goal is to have him in the regular classroom about 80% of the time, and the remaining amount of time will be at resources (gym, music, art) and speech and OT. They believe he will exceed all expectations next year and are very excited to see where he will go. His first grade teacher has invited me down to her classroom, so I can see for myself how things will be set and wants Joel to come in prior to next school year to see things also.
I'm relieved, I'm also drained, all the tension is ebbing. They weren't trying to buck my suggestions, but considered them....we are leaving OT as is, with a re-evaluation this November to determine if he needs more one-on-one.
Thank you EVERYONE for your encouragement and support...it means a great deal to me. :kiss:

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: That's great Jenny!!

Disnut

That is very good news. I am also very happy that you are getting the teacher you want for Joel.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom