News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

Tiny Arms

My family & I have a trip scheduled for this weekend - arrive Saturday morning, leave Monday afternoon.
Now? I'm not so sure... this was going to be our last trip for a while too, as we all were not planning on renewing our annual passes due to the increase in prices 😭

I'd hate to cancel our reservations only for Dorian to turn out as a "minor" storm after all; on the contrary, I'd be a bit crushed if we do continue through with our plans, but end up having a lot of places/rides/events closed or have a storm turn out stronger than anticipated.

I've never been there during a potential weather threat, so excuse any silly first-timer worries lol. I figured a tropical storm would be taken as seriously by WDW as a hurricane, but I appreciate any insight on the matter!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
My family & I have a trip scheduled for this weekend - arrive Saturday morning, leave Monday afternoon.
Now? I'm not so sure... this was going to be our last trip for a while too, as we all were not planning on renewing our annual passes due to the increase in prices 😭

I'd hate to cancel our reservations only for Dorian to turn out as a "minor" storm after all; on the contrary, I'd be a bit crushed if we do continue through with our plans, but end up having a lot of places/rides/events closed or have a storm turn out stronger than anticipated.

I've never been there during a potential weather threat, so excuse any silly first-timer worries lol. I figured a tropical storm would be taken as seriously by WDW as a hurricane, but I appreciate any insight on the matter!
Keep watching tropical tidbits. I still plan to go, Saturday will be fine, Sunday AM fine, Sunday PM/overnight a washout, Monday PM fine as it stands today. This is a quick moving storm.

Edit: What a difference a day can make, what I just said above, no longer applies :joyfull:

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Driving or flying? You'll know sometime Friday. I wouldn't worry until then.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. I did call today. They said no changes as of yet. Just psyching myself out right now.

Best to keep apprised of the progress of the storm (not via the Weather Channel). Too early yet to determine where and when it will hit.

And if you arrive as planned and the storm arrives 24-36 hours later, you're in a good place. As I stated earlier, many of us in Florida now look at WDW as a place to evacuate to.

belledream

Tomorrow or Thursday.
Waiting with every ounce of patience I possess. >_<

Best to keep apprised of the progress of the storm (not via the Weather Channel). Too early yet to determine where and when it will hit.

And if you arrive as planned and the storm arrives 24-36 hours later, you're in a good place. As I stated earlier, many of us in Florida now look at WDW as a place to evacuate to.
Yup, I just want to get there! Praying that we can arrive Sat. morning but totally willing to fly in on Friday for peace of mind. It’s just so last minute though.

Hope things turn out well on your end!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Waiting with every ounce of patience I possess. >_<

Yup, I just want to get there! Praying that we can arrive Sat. morning but totally willing to fly in on Friday for peace of mind. It’s just so last minute though.

Hope things turn out well on your end!

I'm up in NW Florida. Won't be impacted much by Dorian unless it moves across Central Florida and then out into the Gulf. Then I might be heading to WDW to avoid it, lol.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I did that with Hermine. Seriously. Already had a reservation and my power was out anyway. I got the heck of dodge aNd went to WDW.

We were leaving for Uni the morning following Hermine. But the vet was closed, so we had to cancel.

The morning of Michael, I was on the phone with both WDW and Best Friends (to board my cat). No room at Disney. But fortunately the vet reopened Saturday morning as we had a weekend reservation and a cruise Monday.

If Dorian hits the Gulf and winks at Tally, I'm going to WDW....the kids can board my cat.

mgf

Now forecasted to make landfall as a hurricane

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom