News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

jrhwdw

Sigh!!! This is the LAST thing SWGE needs!!! I was hoping DHS would have a better start than DL! How successful does Labor Day Weekend need to be for DHS/SWGE???

tribbleorlfl

I agree, we don't need three threads on Dorian, but I wouldn't call this a "nonstorm," either. It's expected to be at least a TS when it's projected to hit Florida Sunday, and wind intensity models are all over the place right now. Once it gets over the Bahamas, conditions are favorable to rapidly intensify.

Gillyanne

Joy! We arrive on Sunday. The resort we're staying at was closed for about 2 years after "hurricane damage" and just re-opened this year I think. The supposed damage was from the last big storm that hit (matthew? our MNSSHP was cancelled that trip, I just forget which year/storm) though we have our qualms about how truthful that is. As owners (at the time) it def took a LONG time to fix what they claimed was the issue, and raised maintenance fees to a ridiculous amount and offered no substitutions without additional fees (sorry still hurts after 30 years of owning) Guess we'll see if whatever they fixed holds up!

BoarderPhreak

Tropical storm Dorian - never forget! 😆

Puddle15.jpg

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Actually I didn't ask if anyone would pay for the hotel. I asked if Disney would help us find a room if Delta cancelled our flight. I didn't mean to imply that anyone needed to pay for the room except me.

If you already checked out and were at the airport when you found out it was cancelled then probably not.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping they would know if they're canceling the flight prior to us getting to MCO.
Airlines have to preposition crews and equipment ahead of time. Most airlines will suspend arrivals to MCO first because they don't want to risk their equipment and employees being stranded at MCO if the airport were to suspend operations. If past precedent is maintained Airlines will at least get notice 24 hours prior to MCO suspending operations to adjust their operations. MCO and the Orlando Airport Authority are very good at what they do, especially with social media, and with the major carriers once they cancel a flight, you the passenger know very quickly and ahead of time through apps and text messages.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
65 mph winds, coupled with massive amounts of rain, can do lots of damage - I lost trees and power in 2006. I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo Dorian. And there's a new tropical wave in the Atlantic.

Having lived through hurricanes the last 3 years in a row (Hermine, Irma, Michael), I'm keeping a watch on Dorian. Once the storm clears the islands and hits warm, open water, it can intensify pretty quickly. Ask Miami about Andrew.....

JohnD

65 mph winds, coupled with massive amounts of rain, can do lots of damage - I lost trees and power in 2006. I wouldn't be so quick to poo poo Dorian. And there's a new tropical wave in the Atlantic.

Having lived through hurricanes the last 3 years in a row (Hermine, Irma, Michael), I'm keeping a watch on Dorian. Once the storm clears the islands and hits warm, open water, it can intensify pretty quickly. Ask Miami about Andrew.....

Jacksonville had Dora way back in 1964. Now here comes her distant relative Dorian. Let's hope he doesn't decide to follow in her footsteps.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Jacksonville had Dora way back in 1964. Now here comes her distant relative Dorian. Let's hope he doesn't decide to follow in her footsteps.

University discussing what to do about Saturday's game. Not sure a stadium on the St. Johns is best place to hold a game Saturday evening. Could mean move back to Doak....and general admission. I'd go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom