Major Epcot Update: Kodak Out?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Alrighty, so here are some goings on at Epcot...

Space Bace Playground at Mission: SPACE is closed for refurbishment.

Test Track using new forest lighting effect for hairpin turns section.

Gran Fiesta Tour using new rotating color lights in second to last scene and fireworks working.

Captain EO and Via Napoli added to park map.

Biggest news of all: Imagination Pavilion no longer presented by Kodak according to new map. Everything in Imageworks except for music makers and sound floor tiles walled off.

I'll post pics when I can.

NoChesterHester

Biggest news of all: Imagination Pavilion no longer presented by Kodak according to new map. Everything in Imageworks except for music makers and sound floor tiles walled off.

Is Kodak still sponsoring other areas? Their logo has always been all over the Disney Parks.

_Scar

H

O

L

Y

C

R

A

P

Bring on new Imagination and give Fuji Film a call. Epcot's future is looking so much more imaginative!

FutureWorld1982

I knew that!!! I said it would happen (I was wrong on the date, i said at the end of July) and I'm so happy about this! Now, let's have a brand-new Imagination pavilion....

Thank you so much for the update!!!!:wave:

NewfieFan

Alrighty, so here are some goings on at Epcot...

Space Bace Playground at Mission: SPACE is closed for refurbishment.

Test Track using new forest lighting effect for hairpin turns section.

Gran Fiesta Tour using new rotating color lights in second to last scene and fireworks working.

Captain EO and Via Napoli added to park map.

Do you know when it will reopen?

Thanks for the updates!

IHeartArt

One little spark,
can give you treasure.
One corporation,
can give you pressure.
Looks like Kodak
bit off more than it could chew.
Get the heck out,
we don't want you~

NoChesterHester

http://vimeo.com/3015806

Something of the original's quality, with today's technology! PLEASE!

This pavilion was my favorite as a child in Epcot at 1985. I think it has the most possibility for something spectacular. When it gets refurbished it should be the crown jewel of Epcot.

muteki

Oh Snap!

Not getting my hopes up, but Kodak leaving is a step in the right direction. Hopefully all the post show gets gutted.

rodserling27

Could this mean we finally see the return of Dreamfinder? Only time will tell. Hopefully something magnificent, on the same plane as the original beauty that was "Journey Into Imagination."

Rob562

Question: Do the new park maps still say "Compliments of Eastman Kodak Company" on the bottom with Kodak ads all over the place inside?

-Rob

floridabill

Good or bad??

Is this good or bad?:confused::shrug: On one hand with no sponsor at ll is the imaginations building in trouble now, because without heavy funding with sponsor money, will imagination be another wonders of life? I was under the impression that disney relies on sponsors for funding and paying for rehabs? or did there contract come to an end and disney has a new sponsor in mind?? i sure hope this means good things for Epcot and imagination!

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, with half of the fake imageworks now blocked off. All we need now is to cut the funding of dullness Dr Nigel Channing has spewed into imagination (I honestly never used my 5 senses to capture my imagination:brick:) I use my brain like real people do...Let's send the eviction notice to the doctor!:wave:

Tigger1988

Bluntly I'm amazed that Kodak is still in business, digital cameras came on fast and killed their business for the most part.

Kodak sells digital cameras, as well as printers, ink cartridges, photo printing paper and dozens of other things other than film.

Testtrack321

Bluntly I'm amazed that Kodak is still in business, digital cameras came on fast and killed their business for the most part.

I have to say that place was due to be updated.

Kodak viewed themselves as a film company. Fatal flaw. They needed to be an IMAGE company. But I digress...

I think people are reading way too much into this. Some logos and branding will be removed. I bet we won't see a new ride anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom