Major Announcement on the Way?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Originally posted by TimeTrip
So..by following your logic... Splash mountain isn't creative. After all, it is just a log flume that you can find at your average six flags.

Exactly. Just about every ride type you find in the Disney parks can be found at Six Flags. It's the theming that sets Disney apart.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Exactly. Just about every ride type you find in the Disney parks can be found at Six Flags. It's the theming that sets Disney apart.

Yep! That and the fact they don't have a park every square inch, YET! :lol:

tomm4004

So..by following your logic... Splash mountain isn't creative. After all, it is just a log flume that you can find at your average six flags.
I would say there's a monster difference between Splash and Kali. The question to ask is "how would the ride be if we just walked through it?" Well, Splash would still be a fun ride because of the story and AA figures, whereas Kali would be a bit boring. The ride mechanism should be a bonus, enhance the experience rather than be the whole ride. There's a bit of theming on Kali (the line-up is great) but it wasn't any better than similar rides at Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point - whereas Splash is most definitely tons better than other flume rides I've been on.

TimeTrip

Originally posted by tomm4004
I would say there's a monster difference between Splash and Kali.

I didn't want to compare Kali and Splash. Personally I dislike Kali. Its way too short, and the theming is unimaginative for the most part. I think i'm in the minority of people that believe Bilge Rat Barges blows Kali out of the water.

Anyways, I was comparing Splash to what istcnav57 proposed that Grizzly Run could be with disney theming and the like.

vhsshoulddie

I heard a rumor thru a friend who's sister worked at LucasFilm a few years back that Star Tours is going to be Redone. And that the Indy stunt show will be replaced by the Indiana Jones ride from LA. I dont believe either one will be announced but Star Tours in definately due.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

It is the perception that there is significant reductions in this area that are spearheading the claims that Eisners Disney is no longer a premium product and that standards are falling.

tomm4004

I heard a rumor thru a friend who's sister worked at LucasFilm a few years back that Star Tours is going to be Redone.
It looks like it was in the works, as evidenced by the store changing from the Endor bunker to Tatooine. However, web stories have said that the plans were dropped due to Lucas and Eisner not seeing eye to eye.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
It is the perception that there is significant reductions in this area that are spearheading the claims that Eisners Disney is no longer a premium product and that standards are falling.

Tower of Terror at DCA looks impressively-themed to me, as do all four of wdw's upcoming attraction...to each his own.

Sir Hiss527

Whew, Fianally got done reading all of that thread. All I can say is "WOW". Hopefully it's going to be something big, or just another update on usually Disney..Or talk about "Expedition Everest", "Stitch", etc. I hope it's going to be HMH.

DSpear456

Been talking with my friend in events about the upcoming press event. They'll be announcing the new castle show, possibly the new intended use for 20K as we..

DarkMeasures

The 20K lagoon will probably end up with Harry Potter...

and then I'll cry and resurect Walt Disney to show him this and he will say:

Walt: "What happen ?"
Me: "Somebody set up us the bomb."
CM: "We get signal."
Walt: "What !"
CM: "Main screen turn on."
Walt: "It's you !!"
Micheal Eisner: "How are you gentlemen !!"
Micheal Eisner: "All your base are belong to us."
Micheal Eisner: "You are on the way to destruction."
Walt: "What you say !!"
Micheal Eisner: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
Micheal Eisner: "Ha ha ha ha ...."
CM: "Walt !!"
Walt: "Take off every 'Monorail'!!"
Walt: "You know what you doing."
Walt: "Move 'Monorail'."
Walt: "For great justice."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

MKBurn15

Um, Dark Measures, sorry, but could you fix the grammar up a little, because some of the stuff makes no sense. :confused: I agree with you about not wanting Harry Potter though!

imagineer99

Originally posted by tomm4004
There's a bit of theming on Kali (the line-up is great) but it wasn't any better than similar rides at Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point - whereas Splash is most definitely tons better than other flume rides I've been on.

Exactly my point.

Raft rides are just plain boring and stupid.

imagineer99

Originally posted by TimeTrip
I didn't want to compare Kali and Splash. Personally I dislike Kali. Its way too short, and the theming is unimaginative for the most part. I think i'm in the minority of people that believe Bilge Rat Barges blows Kali out of the water.

Disney already tried "theming" the raft ride before with Kali. It's an OK ride. However, there is no way to tell a story coheisvely in a raft ride setting. No matter what you are floating past, it always seems that you are more concerned with who is going to get the next "dunking."

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by imagineer99
However, there is no way to tell a story coheisvely in a raft ride setting.

Ummm no. You only say that because you haven't seen anything worth your time, yet! Anything is possible, especially telling a story on a raft ride! I'm sure if money was put in you could create a story (that's understandable) on a raft ride!

Edit: OMG I hit the 1000th post!

*faints* :dazzle:

Nansafan

Hooray!!! for whatever new and exciting thing there will be.

TimeTrip, we too feel Bluto blows Kali out of the water. Just when you think the ride is almost over, there's another turn and more to see. Kali is just too short.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Tower of Terror at DCA looks impressively-themed to me, as do all four of wdw's upcoming attraction...to each his own.

Maybe I mis-read previous posts/threads but cut n paste attractions are one issue, scaled back themeing is another (yes it has always happened) but you cannot compare ToT to Hester N Chester. Is Philarmagic impressively themed? Mission space is but Buzz is brightly coloured hardboard. I have also read comments on here it is the small themeing details like bins area lighting vending machines that appear to being sacraficed

If we are only talking about E rides then id have to say yes that they are still much better than Six flags but they are no longer the sole preserve of Disney as Universal IOA shows.

IMHO of course, as for the quality of new attraction themeing, having no access to Disneys plans ill wait till their opened before I judge.

imagineer99

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Ummm no. You only say that because you haven't seen anything worth your time, yet! Anything is possible, especially telling a story on a raft ride! I'm sure if money was put in you could create a story (that's understandable) on a raft ride!

Let's see:

On a raft ride, the vehicle independently floats down the river. Thus, it is very difficult to control what guests will see while.

Secondly, when you ride a raft ride, people spend most of their time trying to avoid the constant barrage of water sprinklers. As a result, getting them to concentrate on a story is just too difficult.

If Disney is willing to spend money to buil a large raft ride, why not spend the same amount of money and build an orginal (uncontrived) water attraction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom