Major Announcement on the Way?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
From Screamscape:

Resort News - (4/14/04) Screamscape sources tell us that a press Summer Preview event is scheduled for May 4th & 5th. In addition to talk about how this is the 15th Anniversary of the Disney/MGM Studios (Isn’t it time to drop the MGM name yet guys?) the event promises “a few surprises” for Summer and Fall as well as some kind of major announcement on the 5th itself. At this point there are so many things this could be... the 20K Leagues replacement, a Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion or perhaps just the return of the Osbourne lights. More as we find out.

Shaman

If its true..should be interesting to see what they say...there are so many things that could be announced...(perhaps that they dropped MGM from the name of the park)....can't wait....

Lee

Adventurer
Don't read too much into it.

From what I know, they will just announce the details for next years celebration of Disneyland's 50th. The celebration starts on 5/5/05, one year from the announcement. ToT opens at DCA on the 5th as well.

Big new ride announcement? Nope.

Snapper Bean

Since it has now been mentioned by 2 sources (General Grizz and Jim Hill this morning) I'll say that it might be the Grizzly River Run clone to be installed at Canada.

Snapper Bean

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I'm sure they will explain more about Lights, Motors, Action! finally...like officially give its name (I believe it's still "Stunt Show Spectacular" officially). Seems about a year early to be announcing Grizzly...gotta wait for one E-Ride at a park to open before announcing another.

Lee

Adventurer
It will definately NOT be anything about the rumored rapids ride at Canada.
IF that makes it to greenlight, any announcement won't be for quite some time.

Trust me....it's about the big celebration next year.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Hmmm...we haven't heard much about WDW's celebration for the 50th yet...should be interesting to get the details.

sarajo

For one thing, I believe that they will be announcing the return of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights for this Christmas (2004). From what I've been told (and this is coming from Mitzi Osborne, who is my aunt) that there is to be an announcement in May that the lights will be up this year. Seems to me that the May 4/5 event would be just the time to make the announcement.

I'm sure other announcements will take place, too, but the Osborne Lights happen to be the area I know a little bit about.

Hope that helps out a little bit! Can't wait for the lights to be back up and on!!! :xmas: :) :xmas: :)

BwanaBob

Major press release?

*looks up and to the left, puts hand to chin*
Hmmmmmm?........

In other news today, the Walt Disney Company announced that they are suspending all future attraction planing and building to redirect monetary resources into a massive maintenance plan. The millions that would have been used are going to be put into the restoration of some badly needed up-keep for the parks, which seem to have been neglected over the past several years. Sources say this unprecedented move will restore the 'magic' once revered in the 'most happiest place on earth'.

......THIS just in!...We are getting breaking news that the caretaker of the cemetary where Walt is burried is hearing loud noises coming from the gravesite of Walt Disney. Sources close to the Disney family say not to worry...it's just Walt turning over!

In a related story, Michael Eisner says he will voluntary be admitting himself for some psychiatric evaluation once the dust settles...

Moustronaut

Originally posted by BwanaBob
......THIS just in!...We are getting breaking news that the caretaker of the cemetary where Walt is burried is hearing loud noises coming from the gravesite of Walt Disney. Sources close to the Disney family say not to worry...it's just Walt turning over!

And I always thought he was frozen in that big cryogenic tank behind Main Street USA that they use to charge up the ice cream carts. :lol:

Just kidding folks

iluvstitch

Originally posted by JackSkellington
Where he pricks his finger and dies right?

Hopefully no one will kiss him :lol: .. or is that snow white... anyways, I would love it if they would announce HMH for 2004 but I doubt it :( -Stephanie

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by Moustronaut
And I always thought he was frozen in that big cryogenic tank behind Main Street USA that they use to charge up the ice cream carts.

Nah - everyone knows the cryo tanks in the castle apartment / security room / transmission room, next to the missile silo. And above the level where they dismantle the castle incase of a hurricane.

Gucci65

Originally posted by sarajo
For one thing, I believe that they will be announcing the return of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights for this Christmas (2004). From what I've been told (and this is coming from Mitzi Osborne, who is my aunt) that there is to be an announcement in May that the lights will be up this year. Seems to me that the May 4/5 event would be just the time to make the announcement.

I'm sure other announcements will take place, too, but the Osborne Lights happen to be the area I know a little bit about.

Hope that helps out a little bit! Can't wait for the lights to be back up and on!!! :xmas: :) :xmas: :)

I hope this is the announcement as well. The lights were sorely missed last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom