Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

KrazyKat

image.jpeg
I know this probably won't happen anytime soon but it would be great if they could expand pirates and maybe include some of the scenes from DL and maybe add some new ones exclusive to MK. I think they have the room, all they would have to do is build another drop above the railroad tracks. Maybe something for the 50th in 2021. The marketing campaign for the 50th could be "Come find new treasures at Pirates of the Caribbean!"

X marks the spot

Last edited:

bhg469

To each their own man. Personally I don't see why it's a big deal if someone has an emotional reaction to something in Disney World. I know for me personally I have a lot of emotional connection to Disney World from visiting often as a kid. It was a huge part of my childhood and who I am today whether I like it or not. They don't call it the happiest place on earth for no reason ;)
Technically, they don't call it the happiest place on earth at all ;) that is DL but I get it. I just don't understand the overwhelming emotion some people get there. I'm just not able to care that much about it.

bhg469

Then I would suggest that a message board called "WDW Magic" is a poor place for you to waste people's time and your own.
I would suggest clicking the ignore button, being a grown up and ignoring what you dont like but that's just me.

And as far as narrowing this forum to only WDW.. that's pretty insulting. WDW Magic built something pretty special here, I have been posing here a very long time. I have spent alost a third of my adult life talking to and debating a lot of people on here. I ignore 2...
One member here is someone I'd consider a friend that I've never met. I chat up with him occasionally and our conversations are never Disney related.

SkippingSpud

Just came off, ride broke down for about 15 mins, feet got soaked on the front row again and everything just looks more aestically pleasing. Would I say there's a massive difference? Probably not.

bhg469

Just came off, ride broke down for about 15 mins, feet got soaked on the front row again and everything just looks more aestically pleasing. Would I say there's a massive difference? Probably not.
This is interesting. A freshening is pretty much what we all expected but in the back of my mind I though maybe one or two small new elements. Any insight @marni1971 ? Something people are missing of failing to note in their observations?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is interesting. A freshening is pretty much what we all expected but in the back of my mind I though maybe one or two small new elements. Any insight @marni1971 ? Something people are missing of failing to note in their observations?
So far as I know (which isn't everything) nothing added. Just everything working and doing what it should do. Albeit with some things using newer technology to achieve things, ie digital projection, LED canon bursts, new misting system, more compliance and a few new A100s. And a fully overhauled lighting and audio system finally.

Much like the large Splash refurb. Though with more work behind the scenes.

KikoKea

Our last day there was Thurs and was really hoping for an early opening, but alas, 'twas not to be. Talked with one of the cast members who said they were restoring it to original- but if Jack is still there, then guess that's not true...or she was too young and thinks Jack's been there since the beginning. She also mentioned there were more mermaids. Sounds like it was spiffed up a bit, but nothing was really changed.

wdizneew

I still wish they would smoothen out the splash area at the bottom of the drop. I always hate that small whiplash feeling you get. It shocks a lot of people like as if the boat hit something on accident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom