Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

HMF

Hey look, the Pirates can move again!

Looks like Barbossa got a change in outfit, was he the only one? It's also hard to tell from the video if the rolling cloud and smoke effects are working again.
I think The Auctioneer and Pooped Pirate got new outfits. General freshening up throughout the entire attraction. Very well done! still doesn't fix the Narrative problems but cosmetically things look great.

Last edited:

Clamman73

Screen grab from refurb
image.jpeg

Screen grab from older
image.jpeg

180º

I know I'm the only one keeping track of this, but it seems they didn't get Disneyland's new boats. The new DL boats don't have the cutouts in the back of the seats.

Magenta Panther

Glad Davey Jones is back. And I hope the issues that led to the ride going down so often have been addressed. And I still hope that someday the battle-at-sea scene will be redone and plussed. The scene that's there now is so meh and dated. Thankfully, the rest of the ride's still terrific.

Luxe

I think I went cross eyed for the first part of that video:p(appreciate taking the time to record the ride through!). It looks and sounds great to me. The lighting in several areas looks significantly better and really highlights certain scenes. The audio is very clear now as well which is great. I think everyone expected much to change but it was obviously just a refurb to make the experience more enjoyable, as long as they keep working on fixing the boat issue. Personally I've never had one bottom out or take on water but it seems to be the issue so hopefully it's resolved in the next couple of months.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Technical difficulties during the soft opening today. My wife is on the ride and being evacuated. Everyone still in the queue was walked back out. CMs not sure if they will open back up today.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Technically, the ride is still under refurbishment and this is part of the testing, but shouldn't these issues have been worked out, or at least known before they allowed guests on the ride?

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Technically, the ride is still under refurbishment and this is part of the testing, but shouldn't these issues have been worked out, or at least known before they allowed guests on the ride?

Not necessarily. The point of a soft open is to see how the ride performs under normal operating conditions, especially if any changes were made to the ride system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom