Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

wdwfan757

Then why did it take so long to replace Space Mountain at Disneyland? Replacing the track at a Space Mountain involves working inside the tight confines of a building, not out in the open.

I'd imagine the length of the DL Space mountain had a lot to do with rebuilding the foundation, which would be impacted by being inside moreso than actually laying new track. It took how long to build the mind train? Did it have to take that long? I'd argue that if it took 2 years for them to tear down, deepen the foundation, and rebuild an entirely new design, it shouldnt have taken 8 months to do what they did to our Space.

Most of the effects in verbolten are also inside, btw... a launch portion and the only actual track drop in north america I think.

NX2I85

Then go to Six Flags, your Fun Spot, or a state fair.
If Disney is asking for over $100 a head to go to the Magic Kingdom, there is no excuse for a classic/iconic attraction that has TERRIBLE show and lacking safety.

My money, my choice. Unless that is you think some of us aren't good enough to darken the doors of your park.

Of COURSE I understand it needs maintenance, but since it is not getting it while I am there what am I supposed to do? Stand out in the midst of Adventureland, moon the attraction's entrance and fart in its general direction? Don sackcloth and ashes and beat my breast? Go postal?

I'm a little confused by some of the responses. Are people suppose to not ride POC during this month delay? .
Yes, I do wonder if that is the suggestion of some follks

NearTheEars

I'd assume that during this shortened refurb they will be focussing on the flume and boats only as they need immediate attention.

Most guests have no idea if all the effects/AAs/audio are working anyway, so they are likely to just let that remain as is. I certainly don't, as I said earlier my first ride was in 2010, so the current POTC is the only one I know. I hear I am missing a lot.

Now, don't jump on me for saying the above. I don't mean it as an excuse, and I don't agree with, or think that's a good way to do business. It's just as this point, with this little time, what are their priorities?

xstech25

That's what all of the higher up (and in the know) maintenance men/imagineers that I personally talked to thought as well. Some of us DO know what we're talking about. Some of us can't enjoy the parks anymore because we know so much about what we're talking about.
All the higher ups and imagineers that I personally know and talk to genuinely enjoy it and don't ever leave because they love it so much they can't see themself working for any other company. Obviously it's not perfect, the place is the size of San Francisco it's NEVER going to be perfect no matter who's running it.
Its really silly how people keep insisting that Disney World is so terrible. I live in Santa Ana, i've been going to Disneyland and Walt Disney World for 30 years. I went on Pirates at WDW tonight and nothing visually seemed wrong with it, all the AA's were working and even the mermaids and blackbeard looked fine. I'm not stupid I know there are a lot of things that need work to keep it running well for years down the road (one of my good friends had the pleasure of riding it over 10x between 2-5am recently, tracking exactly how wet she got after every ride so WDI could do their study of how the bumper size affected the splash on each boat), but to say riding it in its currently state is terrible show and it's a big disaster is just not true. The park in general was just extremely pleasant tonight: clean, friendly staff, FP+ worked great. I have been to almost all of the theme parks in the country and DLR/WDW still blow all of them away. Disney is so much better than all of their competition its not even a discussion.

So keep posting how terrible WDW is, i'm not stupid, I have "in's" just like anyone else here and keep up with what's going on. Disney is going to do what they have to do to make money and have strategies on how to allocate their capital like any other business. Was talking to a friend recently and he was telling me how they have their attendance projections mapped out for DHS leading up to 2020...and that attendance looked a LOT higher than it is now. They don't spend it all at once, it's spent over time like any business. I guess I should be so grateful on how many experts there are here to tell me why I should not enjoy the parks anymore:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

lnsemsf

You really couldn't tell the difference between the 2 rides? The animatronics in Florida "work" as in they're turned on, but you can't see how they barely move. The range of motion is so much more noticeable in California. Much more fluid and lifelike. In Florida the 3 singing pirated by the dog and donkey alone look like a cheap Chinese knockoff compared to the originals in California. Each of the 3 had something noticeably wrong. Head not moving, mouth not working, etc. The were powered on, but it's like watching an old TV compared to an HD TV, yes you see the TV show, but there's such a noticeable difference in the quality that sometimes all you notice is how poor it looks and not the content itself. Also until I started going to California I also didn't realize you could hear the prisoners in the cell farthest from the dog talking because the speakers are so terrible here. That's just examples off the top of my head while exhausted at 3am. Next time I go I'd be glad to give you a more complete list of how much better California's ride is. The ride needs a lot of help and it's sad to see it in the condition it's in. It's barely kept up and slowly getting worse where as California is constantly updated, repaired, and improved. If they found a way to do the same amount of work in less time, I'm all for that. Sadly I suspect they were forced to cut back to bare minimum and what we'll end up with is going to be a semi repaired ride, but with no upgrades and improvements to bring the ride up to par with the quality you find back on the west coast, and that's what saddens a lot of the people here.

Mike S

You really couldn't tell the difference between the 2 rides? The animatronics in Florida "work" as in they're turned on, but you can't see how they barely move. The range of motion is so much more noticeable in California. Much more fluid and lifelike. In Florida the 3 singing pirated by the dog and donkey alone look like a cheap Chinese knockoff compared to the originals in California. Each of the 3 had something noticeably wrong. Head not moving, mouth not working, etc. The were powered on, but it's like watching an old TV compared to an HD TV, yes you see the TV show, but there's such a noticeable difference in the quality that sometimes all you notice is how poor it looks and not the content itself. Also until I started going to California I also didn't realize you could hear the prisoners in the cell farthest from the dog talking because the speakers are so terrible here. That's just examples off the top of my head while exhausted at 3am. Next time I go I'd be glad to give you a more complete list of how much better California's ride is. The ride needs a lot of help and it's sad to see it in the condition it's in. It's barely kept up and slowly getting worse where as California is constantly updated, repaired, and improved. If they found a way to do the same amount of work in less time, I'm all for that. Sadly I suspect they were forced to cut back to bare minimum and what we'll end up with is going to be a semi repaired ride, but with no upgrades and improvements to bring the ride up to par with the quality you find back on the west coast, and that's what saddens a lot of the people here.
Man I loved Pirates out in Anaheim. Such a great ride :inlove:

dstrawn9889

Yeah, they have 3 months and a half. Enough time to repair what's bad.
really? the people here in the know (NOT MYSELF) say that the ride is in horrible condition off-stage, more than likely they will be working on flume leaks and pumps, switches, and sensors; and showside, maybe a wardrobe swap, light swap and some paint for the new AC vents... dont look for too much onstage changes

Jose

really? the people here in the know (NOT MYSELF) say that the ride is in horrible condition off-stage, more than likely they will be working on flume leaks and pumps, switches, and sensors; and showside, maybe a wardrobe swap, light swap and some paint for the new AC vents... dont look for too much onstage changes
They have 105 days aprox.. that's enough I think...

ToTBellHop

This is a ride... I'm saying I THINK, IMO ;)
I wish 3 months would have been "enough" for Space Mountain. Then we would have gotten a new ride with its own launch into actual space with the length of refurb it got.

Unfortunately, in Disney timescale, 3 months is enough time to dust a ride and maybe fix one A-A. At least the mold will get bleached.

gmajew

I wish 3 months would have been "enough" for Space Mountain. Then we would have gotten a new ride with its own launch into actual space with the length of refurb it got.

Unfortunately, in Disney timescale, 3 months is enough time to dust a ride and maybe fix one A-A. At least the mold will get bleached.

How long was the Splash Mountain refurb a few years ago that got it back on track? That was the worse shape I have ever seen a ride.

dstrawn9889

They have 105 days aprox.. that's enough I think...
lets just say, even though i believe that if there was enough labor to get this ride back to opening day quality onsite the whole of the days that had marked, it would look like an episode of extereme makeover:home edition, with workers climbing over one another to get things done... i just do not see it happening. if all the materials were onsite, maybe, not likely though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom