Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

GetAPaperBag

Thought you guys would like this. I saw this banner ad another site and noticed there's a light pole in the pic :)

300x600_FY15_Q2_Disney_Store_Theme_Park_Merchandise_GM_Vacation_Fundamentals.jpg

G00fyDad

Thank you. Truthfully, they sometimes tack weld the plates to the track - they have in the past. Why, I have no idea. Like you said, they're not going anywhere.

Don't they have tire based vehicles driving along these areas? If so, that would be enough to move it and would warrant a tack weld.

SRQtech

Finally, someone with logic. I also doubt that they are welded either. If you had any idea how much those steel plates weigh, I doubt that there would be any need for them to be fastened. No one is going to stub their toe on them and have them move out of place.

I was in the park last Friday and can verify that the plates are welded to the tracks

note2001

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 13. Behind the construction walls on both sides of the Castle there is a large concrete form for a substantial structure. This photo is from the left side of the Castle, between the two bridges to Liberty Square.

IMG_5420.JPG

IMG_5421.JPG

The structure on the right side of the Castle is not as far along, on the left side of the below photo (previously the Rose Garden).

IMG_5417.JPG

Brian

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 13. Behind the construction walls on both sides of the Castle there is a large concrete form for a substantial structure. This photo is from the left side of the Castle, between the two bridges to Liberty Square.

View attachment 92925

View attachment 92926

The structure on the right side of the Castle is not as far along, on the left side of the below photo (previously the Rose Garden).

View attachment 92927

Are these structures for the turrets? They seem to be too far out to be part of them.

roj2323

Are these structures for the turrets? I'm a bit lost as to why there's a door to nowhere.
no, they are for the hot dog/food stands that flank either side of the hub. The old ones were removed during the hub expansion. WDWTraveler is right however in that these are substantial concrete walls they are pouring. The only thing I can think of that would need that kind of support is a cantilevered roof structure which would make some sense if they wanted to eliminate the posts on the front of the structure.

Brian

no, they are for the hot dog/food stands that flank either side of the hub. The old ones were removed during the hub expansion. WDWTraveler is right however in that these are substantial concrete walls they are pouring. The only thing I can think of that would need that kind of support is a cantilevered roof structure which would make some sense if they wanted to eliminate the posts on the front of the structure.

Aha. That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Goofyernmost

Strange how it survived for 50+ years without that mentality...
I'd agree if the changes just started happening yesterday, but, you know as well as I do that the way things are now have evolved over years. That mentality started in the 90's and is still evolving. I don't necessarily like what is happening, but, I do recognize that it is and it is clearly linked and influenced by society. Just to be fair, I don't like how society has evolved either, but, one adapts or dies a death of exclusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom