Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

NickC

Anyone have any good comparison photos? Would be nice to see side by side, before and after as well as aerial photos

It's not perfect, and the quality leaves a lot to be desired thanks to the lack of resolution on the pre-2006 imagery, but here's a quick aerial timelapse I put together using aerial photographs from the FDOT:

Also available in gyfcat form (which sadly can't be embedded here):
https://gfycat.com/MisguidedBriskBedbug

Last edited:

GetAPaperBag

Nothing new on turret watch

924700_1573484766242848_2125456275_n.jpg

SpaceMountain75

Natural beauty of the park? Exactly which trees were present in this area before Walt purchased the land...? ;)
It's the land of make-believe. Nothing is natural. It's all a show. You need to let it go... :cool:
I get what you're saying, it just helps to have some greenery in an increasingly less-lush place.

Last edited:

halltd

Plus, I'm sure that Easter weekend would mean time off for the construction workers as well.
If it means anything, I saw numerous construction workers out and about at the Poly this morning finishing up the pool. Definitely not the full crew, but there were far more than I expected to see.

Goofyernmost

If it means anything, I saw numerous construction workers out and about at the Poly this morning finishing up the pool. Definitely not the full crew, but there were far more than I expected to see.
Yea, it could be very meaningful. I really don't know what the construction crews are expected to do. It was just a speculation that it might have been an issue. I have no knowledge of their policies.:)

Otamin

Alright, I'm about this close to taking my pitchfork and torch down to Magic Kingdom and rioting. View attachment 89153 To continue to rid the park of natural beauty is foolish. And when does it stop? I sincerely hope they plan on replanting the trees after the whole hub project is over.
Photo: @SpotMickey
I give up.

There's really no hope for this park anymore.

We've just got to accept that if you want to see a beautiful Magic Kingdom, go to the West Coast instead.

What a mess.

Sage of Time

To be fair, the trees that were removed from the castle walkways were always kinda overgrown and didn't really add much. They're there to hide the Fantasyland show buildings...

...and given that they only removed the trees on ONE side of the walkway, I don't think that illusion has been hurt.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Mine Train? Festival of Fantasy? Princess Fairytale Hall?

7DMT - Value engineered C ticket which offers about the same entertainment value as the Great Goofini at 100x the cost (Could have been an E-Ticket IF the full version proposed by WDI was constructed)

Festival of Fantasy - First new daytime parade at WDW in what 20 years (the redo's of the old parades with new coats of paint don't really count) the only one of the three which is a overall value add

PFH - Glorified M&G for the under 8 set.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom