Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

I sort of think the painted scrim looks funny.

I think it looks funny they printed a picture of the large tree that was there on the right side tower, guess they didn't take the picture soon enough to catch the ones that were behind on the left along the walkway.

sporadic

Scrims painted like towers would stick out like a sore thumb there. I thing they're going for a little camouflage, not necessarily a representation of something that hasn't been there yet. On the other hand, I can't believe we're talking about scrim choices...
tumblr_lxnot7fYUf1qmrqrso1_500.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Scrims painted like towers would stick out like a sore thumb there. I thing they're going for a little camouflage, not necessarily a representation of something that hasn't been there yet. On the other hand, I can't believe we're talking about scrim choices...
tumblr_lxnot7fYUf1qmrqrso1_500.jpg

Well the Scrims are the only NEW thing in the park ... Years ago we would have been talking about special holiday foods and entertainment but that costs too much for the new regime...

Otamin

And I wish people would stop bringing up the trees in the hub, this has been gone over a million times. Some people like it better with, some people without (personally I like it better without, but its a matter of opinion).
Whilst I'm perfectly happy with improvements and much needed additions to the parks, there's a reason the original designers put the trees there in the centre of the hub.

Taking the trees away destroys the "curtain" you have between the past (Main Street) and the fantasy (Fantasyland).

Hubs without prominent trees can work (like Disneyland Paris), but that's because they were designed that way from the start.

matt9112

DAK is acknowledged as being a "hot park" due to the foliage.

Increased vegetation traps heat more.

AK is ungodly hot....compounded by the sheer lack of regard via Disney to put any cooling stations in or fans or anything....hell even shade over some of the ques would be nice. riding dinosaur feeeeels so goooood

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom