Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Goofyernmost

To quote Alexander from the comments on the m i c e c h a t site these photos are from "First, it requires deep cleaning every night due to unforeseeable circumstances like candy, chocolate, vomit, infant fecal matter and the biological detritus leaving the skin of people with the grossest skin problems like merca."

I won't be picnicking on the turf anytime soon.
Sounds like any day in your local supermarket where you buy that picnic food. I'd say you'd be OK.

I don't want to upset you, but, have you given any consideration about the stuff that might be on your own lawn at home? It is after all out there in nature and it doesn't get cleaned every night. And subject to all the things that you just mentioned plus doggy dodo!

prfctlyximprct

Sounds like any day in your local supermarket where you buy that picnic food. I'd say you'd be OK.

I don't want to upset you, but, have you given any consideration about the stuff that might be on your own lawn at home? It is after all out there in nature and it doesn't get cleaned every night. And subject to all the things that you just mentioned plus doggy dodo!

Yeah but I usually wear shoes. And my lawn maybe gets like ten people on it a year. I'd never have a picnic on the floor of my supermarket where people's fungus toenails have been.

note2001

We interrupt this wonderful discussion about picnicking in the park for a public service announcement:

Please remember to wash your hands after using the bathroom facilities!

(you really don't want to know what's on the lap bar of the ride you just boarded)
Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Seriously though, if you live in fear of foot fungus, how do you deal with going out to eat in public? Door handles? The person next to you on the monorail who has a cold? I need to know as I have a germaphobe for a daughter. We deal with it, and yes, she'd sit on the ground, I can guarantee it. She just has hand wipes available at all times. Not a bad idea.

DGracey

If I had to list my complaints with the WDW (and particularly the MK) experience in recent years, among the highest would be how much they have recently lost the sense of slowness and relaxation usually associated with vacations. :)

Year after year, slowly but surely, the Magic Kingdom has been losing it's sense of place. Town Square, Main St. and the Hub did indeed used to be associated with those things you mention for many guests. But they ripped out the benches. Want a place to sit now? Order something to get a chair. Then they ripped out the tree canopy robbing the park of so much "relaxing" shade. Want relief from the sun? Head into the stores or dining establishments of course.

Hopefully the new hub reverts us back in the direction of the Magic Kingdom being much more than racing down Main St as fast as one can. Everyone on Main St. these days acts like they're running late for something, but they don't know what for. No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late ...

Attachments

• Town Square, Main Street USA.jpg
    Town Square, Main Street USA.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 195

Eric1955

We interrupt this wonderful discussion about picnicking in the park for a public service announcement:

Please remember to wash your hands after using the bathroom facilities!

(you really don't want to know what's on the lap bar of the ride you just boarded)
Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion...

Seriously though, if you live in fear of foot fungus, how do you deal with going out to eat in public? Door handles? The person next to you on the monorail who has a cold? I need to know as I have a germaphobe for a daughter. We deal with it, and yes, she'd sit on the ground, I can guarantee it.

I fully admit to being a germ freak. I have no trouble eating in public. I do try to avoid touching door handles. And if someone around me is sick I try to avoid being breathed on. I don't think I would have a problem sitting on the turf but I'd have pants on and I wouldn't rub my hands all over it. I don't like being a germaphobe but I'm actually not as bad as I used to be. Hopefully I'll continue to get better.

flyerjab

So we visited the MK today. After watching glassblowing, the guy at the crystal counter, the FoF Parade and quickly perused the new Pandora jewelry shop, we toured the newly refurbed section of the Hub.

image.jpg

I think that the gardens and the new fountain sections are fantastic. The fountains with the mini Disney figurines are beautiful and the fountains seem much larger when actually standing next to them. I wanted to see them at night but did not have the opportunity.

The turf sections are an interesting addition. It is comfortable to rest on (I neither spontaneously combusted or sprouted tumors). My kids enjoyed resting as they are slightly older than some of the toddlers that were having fun running about.

The landscaping is wonderful and varied. The sections around the fountains and FP+ areas are both intricate and elegant, whereas the work done around the bridges and the moat are broad and contain the many mature trees that are showing up around the outer ring.

The design of this was a great idea. The flow around the outer ring will work well during Wishes. I cannot wait to see this when the outer ring is complete and there are even more trees added.

Eric1955

For the people scared of germs on the grass. Skip to 8:31 for the relevant part. Or watch the whole thing if you want.

My germaphobia is not rational. I know germs are everywhere. I just can't bring myself to touch certain things. I know it's all just in my head but I feel dirty afterward. It's not really a fear of germs. It's actually a form of OCD.
http://www.uthealthleader.org/story/germaphobia

Mike S

My germaphobia is not rational. I know germs are everywhere. I just can't bring myself to touch certain things. I know it's all just in my head but I feel dirty afterward. It's not really a fear of germs. It's actually a form of OCD.
http://www.uthealthleader.org/story/germaphobia
Last semester I took Psychology and learned about phobias and how they're not really rational. My comment was more directed at the people generally saying how people are bringing out their dirty feet on the grass, not anyone who has an actual phobia.

sporadic

So we visited the MK today. After watching glassblowing, the guy at the crystal counter, the FoF Parade and quickly perused the new Pandora jewelry shop, we toured the newly refurbed section of the Hub.

View attachment 85702

I think that the gardens and the new fountain sections are fantastic. The fountains with the mini Disney figurines are beautiful and the fountains seem much larger when actually standing next to them. I wanted to see them at night but did not have the opportunity.

Looking forward to the day that crane booms aren't a permanent fixture!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom