Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

G00fyDad

I can't figure out what that abbreviation is. I am also wondering if "ICE" is an abbreviation or a word. It is in all caps in the permit.

Chances are since its in caps its probably an abbreviation for something. Although I'm at a complete loss as to what either one of them would be.

mm121

and all the valve controls for the sprinklers and misters and drip irrigation for each planter bed, and 120v for outlets for maintnance and/or christmas/halloween decorations...endless amount of underground utilities. as for FP+ scanners... 120v and a single cat5e in a raceway is not really a big deal...

I would think that in some areas for things like this, it would be easier to create a wireless fastpass+ unit for cast members to carry, rather than building infrastructure for parade viewing areas etc.

Overtime that would be alot more flexible, than fixed scanners

Rob562

I would think that in some areas for things like this, it would be easier to create a wireless fastpass+ unit for cast members to carry, rather than building infrastructure for parade viewing areas etc.

Overtime that would be alot more flexible, than fixed scanners

The parade viewing area will probably stay hand-held scanners, but the blueprints for the new fireworks viewing "park" clearly indicate permanent FP+ posts at the entrance gate to the park, plus the ability to set up queue posts if needed.

-Rob

Chances are since its in caps its probably an abbreviation for something. Although I'm at a complete loss as to what either one of them would be.
I can't view the permit because I am not a member of the site, but here we often use ICE on paperwork for "In Case of Emergency". I am not a construction worker, though, and as I said I have no idea if that would fit with the permit since I can't view it. But thought I would toss that out there!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't view the permit because I am not a member of the site, but here we often use ICE on paperwork for "In Case of Emergency". I am not a construction worker, though, and as I said I have no idea if that would fit with the permit since I can't view it. But thought I would toss that out there!

You don't need to me a member of that site, just click I Accept on the first screen.

Jlasoon

DisneyWorld prices have gone up several times faster than the rate of inflation in recent years. It is not a typical company in this respect.

That's because you believe the FED rate of inflation as oppose to your own eyes. The BLS CPI is as accurate as the FED GDP forecast. Every company/business is raising prices at an alarming rate. Remember the CPI does not factor food nor energy cost. Use the 1980 (+10%/yr) or even the 1990 (+7%/yr) measuring stick and we see a much different picture. 'Hedonic pricing' and 'seasonally adjusted' numbers don't benefit the little guy.

Hint inflation is running at a much higher rate than 2% lol. And my guess is Disney is raising prices accordingly. As is every other company out there.

ParentsOf4

Hint inflation is running at a much higher rate than 2% lol. And my guess is Disney is raising prices accordingly. As is every other company out there.
We don't have to guess.

Disney's Parks & Resorts operating expense was up 25.8% from 2010 to 2013. That includes additional operating costs associated with Cars Land, the New Fantasyland, MyMagic+, and two cruise ships.

Over that same period, revenue was up 30.9%.

Yet Disney's Parks & Resorts operating income was up 68.4%.

Disney's price increases have far outpaced Disney's costs.

Last edited:

Jlasoon

We don't have to guess.

Disney's Parks & Resorts operating expense was up 25.8% from 2010 to 2013. That includes additional operating costs associated with Cars Land, the New Fantasyland, MyMagic+, and two cruise ships.

Over that same period, revenue was up 30.9%.

Yet Disney's Parks & Resorts operating income was up 68.4%.

Disney's price increases have far outpaced Disney's costs.

Thanks for the numbers, I was too lazy to look it up.

Remember stock must keep going up & dividends must be paid. At all cost.

G00fyDad

We seem to have taken a huge left turn into bean counting.

Anyone have any photo updates? Or any news regarding the redevelopment?

Could TMT = Tomorrowland Terrace? I think there's a drinking fountain right there before Tomorrowland Terrace in front of the restrooms and gate that will eventually become the bypass. And I believe there's an ice machine backstage there as well, behind that fenced in area:

Screenshot_2014-09-28-15-39-33_1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom