Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

MissM

Couple shots from yesterday (Sunday the 5th)

mk-hub1b.jpg

mk-hub1a.jpg

mk-hub1c.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wow...that's ugly. Guess I'm going to see it 1st hand next week

It's TDO what do you expect with their 'The rubes will never notice' attitude. It is indeed ugly Roy is probably spinning in his grave. Hopefully his shade will haunt Colglazer and the rest of the crowd for the rest of their days.

WDWLover#1

It's TDO what do you expect with their 'The rubes will never notice' attitude. It is indeed ugly Roy is probably spinning in his grave. Hopefully his shade will haunt Colglazer and the rest of the crowd for the rest of their days.
Well to be honest how would they have done it back then?.

wdrive

Well this puts things in perspective. New Fantasyland under construction at Disneyland in 1983.
How long did this take compared to the hub in MK?

I always love that photo. It's so unnecessary having guests walk through that area as anything that was still open in Fantasyland could have been reached on the walkway by the Matterhorn. I feel as though it was being used to advertise the new Fantasyland.

lazyboy97o

It was under Roy's watch that the big blank wall was built in the first place. And what does the President of the Disneyland Resort have to do with this?

I always love that photo. It's so unnecessary having guests walk through that area as anything that was still open in Fantasyland could have been reached on the walkway by the Matterhorn. I feel as though it was being used to advertise the new Fantasyland.
The pathway was opened during busy times to allow people to move along the northern portion of the park. It was definitely also an advertising gimmick. I think there were also times when the Skyway was a round trip from Tomorrowland, allowing people to see the construction from above.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It was under Roy's watch that the big blank wall was built in the first place. And what does the President of the Disneyland Resort have to do with this?

Because this abomination started when he was at TDO, Interestingly enough now that he's at DL maintenance and cleanliness are beginning to slide, Hmmm that's a familar song here at WDW Sigh...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom