Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Otamin

There will be trees back in the Hub, but not directly in sightlines with Main Street or obstructing the Castle. It will absolutely look better than now.
Will the view looking down Main Street look different at all, or just when you're in the hub? Since it really needs more depth.

I don't think the 2006 colours of the castle help either, but that's for another discussion...

articos

Will the view looking down Main Street look different at all, or just when you're in the hub? Since it really needs more depth.

I don't think the 2006 colours of the castle help either, but that's for another discussion...
The view down Main Street will look very different. If you haven't watched the rendering video, it's a pretty good approximation of what is happening.

note2001

I love the rose bushes and pathway through them. At this point I don't suppose we know for sure if they'll be able to save them do we? (More of a rhetorical q than expecting a response)

Last edited:

ABQ

It is still there.
They did some clever work in hiding it for those pro shots of the parade shown on another thread. But these walls are rough. So much at one time, I hope that means that SOME of them at least are short term. Feel bad for folks, some I know, making their first ever trip to the park next month.

Father Robinson

Just one side so far

I have to say though, it seems by the amount of shielding they've put up, that they're anticipating tackling huge portions all at once, no? To me it just seems odd that they would wall off that much scenery if they were only planning to do smaller areas at a time.

note2001

They did some clever work in hiding it for those pro shots of the parade shown on another thread. But these walls are rough. So much at one time, I hope that means that SOME of them at least are short term. Feel bad for folks, some I know, making their first ever trip to the park next month.

It's still a far better sight than a giant pink birthday cake for a castle. I think Disney did that so we'd always be able to say... well, at least it isn't ...

Stupido

Yeah, it's going to be pretty ugly for a while. But I'm glad that they're working on getting the outer-circle done first, and then working in. Especially since the areas that are walled off right now weren't really guest accessible, and won't disrupt flow too much. For some odd reason I thought they were going to attack this like a clock, and work on slivers at time. Makes no sense at all, but that's where my brain went to.

Stevek

Not what I was looking forward to seeing in 11 days but we'll likely spend so little time in the hub that it won't really bother us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom