Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just looking at today's pictures of the empty moat. If they let it continue to flow it could be another attraction, a lazy river. Looks so similar to Typhoon Lagoon drained.

ky062910l.jpg

dstrawn9889

I have suffered through too many thread wars about wdw vs uni, fle vs wwhp, disco yeti, and dl vs mk.
then you do not have the answers you are looking for... they are above^^^^^. they are planting trees in containers, to keep them a uniform height and out of the projectors path. no large trees are going into the central hub area.

JAC in PA

The upgrade to Main Street is needed. My family witnessed an accident here after the fireworks on Friday night's first show 2/28/14. (This was our first trip here.) Crowds of people were leaving the ramp/circle area and people were coming the other way to go to the next fireworks/castle show. So people traffic was crazy to say the least. To add to that, the area was not well lit. Walking on/off the sidewalk was tricky also.

We saw a woman miss the sidewalk curb and trip onto the street face first. Someone behind us asked her if she was ok but she didn't respond. Hopefully she got help (a food kiosk was nearby with workers) and who knows what injuries she had. I was and am disturbed by the incident and pray the woman is ok.

NearTheEars

The upgrade to Main Street is needed. My family witnessed an accident here after the fireworks on Friday night's first show 2/28/14. (This was our first trip here.) Crowds of people were leaving the ramp/circle area and people were coming the other way to go to the next fireworks/castle show. So people traffic was crazy to say the least. To add to that, the area was not well lit. Walking on/off the sidewalk was tricky also.

We saw a woman miss the sidewalk curb and trip onto the street face first. Someone behind us asked her if she was ok but she didn't respond. Hopefully she got help (a food kiosk was nearby with workers) and who knows what injuries she had. I was and am disturbed by the incident and pray the woman is ok.

And here people were upset they removed some curbs ...
But seriously, I hope she's OK.

Voxel

President of Progress City
And here people were upset they removed some curbs ...
But seriously, I hope she's OK.
There is a reason many theme parks got rid of curbs as much as we may like them. Most theme parks I have visited that were styled after Disneyland with a "Main Street" paved their road level with the curb/side walk in recent years.

I think I know how Disney can distract people from a prolonged drained moat..:bookworm:
I was hoping for a drunken lazy river around the moat that way the Magic Kingdom can compete with Drunky Town. :D All joking aside it would be amazing to run around the moat.

tongaloosh

Empty moat = additional standing areas for firework-watching? (I don't want that to happen, but maybe Disney can sell that open space as FP+ viewing until they refill the moat?)

Stupido

Has there been any word on when the bulk of this construction is going to begin? I know the moats have been drained, and are currently being scrubbed. But do we know what the next step is and when it'll all start?

NearTheEars

I witnessed something similar during a halloween party in Town Square in 2004; thats why the curbs were removed. The woman broke her hip, sadly.

That's awful. I know I'm not that old yet (only 27) but I've found that the older I've gotten, seeing someone fall is no longer as funny as it was when I was a teenager. Heck, even when I fall I don't chuckle anymore. Ouch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom