Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Soarin' Over Pgh

We're going in June 2014, do you expect the moats to be drained during that time?

I just hope that the moats are filled back up with water and the hub is finished by the time that we're there. I don't really care about the bypass.

but thats not the point. Those cranes are an eyesore.

Never mind the fact that disney is expanding the walkways and more importantly, doing something, anything, to improve traffic flow, but really the most important thing is if it's going to be a bother to you. This is half the reason why things don't get better (the other half of course being money) ...why should they risk impacting a guests vacation? Let's just sit on our hands and do nothing instead. That'll make the guests happy.

Come on man.

Did anyone tell her that she was being evicted because of FP+?

She reserved her FP+ for this specific date and time. She's good. :)

SpectroMan93

We're going in June 2014, do you expect the moats to be drained during that time?
Um, I'm not really qualified to answer this, eheh. But considering that the moat is already being drained, they might section off the sections they'll be working on, and refill the rest of the moat. Still, the hub probably won't be the prettiest sight to see.

steamboatjosh

Can we, please? :)

Never mind the fact that disney is expanding the walkways and more importantly, doing something, anything, to improve traffic flow, but really the most important thing is if it's going to be a bother to you. This is half the reason why things don't get better (the other half of course being money) ...why should they risk impacting a guests vacation? Let's just sit on our hands and do nothing instead. That'll make the guests happy.

She reserved her FP+ for this specific date and time. She's good. :)

All I was saying is that I would like to see the moats filled and the finished hub when I go and that I didn't really care if the bypass was finished by the time I'm there. Yes you're right, someone's post on here about what they would like to see on their vacation is why things don't get improved. TDO checks these forums constantly and says "Oh, this person's post says that they hope we have it finished by their vacation so we just shouldn't do it.."

Come on man.

Last edited:

216bruce

Is a drained moat a FP+ tiered attraction? Can I experience it and Space Mountain? If I must choose it's a tough call. The kids and I are going just to see the drained moat and it darn well better be drained when we go or the vaco is ruined. Ruined, I say. :arghh:

Mawg

I know this needs to be done and it will be much better when finished. That being said I'm glad this is not happening during my trip and I feel bad for those it does affect, the empty moats are really an eyesore.

Club34

I hope they keep to the rendering and only take out a small portion of the moat/water feature. I can't prove it, but I think all the water featuring [moats, waterfalls, etc] has a positive psychological effect on guests, myself included. So, there is part of me that does not look favorably upon the decision to pave over a nice green/water area of the park. However, I understand that it probably gets pretty thick in there during busy times. I go at the end of January and even then during the evening festivities and park closing this area is CRAZY. I wish I was home now.

Ariel1986

Sorry if this is stupid question or I've missed the answer among all the posts, but what is the crane actually doing in relation to everything? Is it part of the moat draining or expanding pathways etc? Is it really going to be there for a year? And yes, I'm happy they're doing this, look forward to it- not complaining just pondering!

-Edit to say I've just read elsewhere it's to do with the dreamlights removal! So no need to answer.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

what is heavy about a shovel and a mallet...(rarely is concrete formwork done with anything more), well, once the site is prepared anyway, with say a backhoe. nothing big gets involved

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom