Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

rangerbob

The last time that they did moat work in front of the castle it was dammed. This time it looks like they are demucking the bottom of the waterway. They had some sort of machine in there doing things overnight and some areas of muck looked thicker than others. The poor ducks looked lost since they were just walking around in there trying to find areas to swim in.

ob1thx1138

I wonder if they are going to flatten the bridge between the hub and Main Street. Since it looks like the majority of the construction is an expansion of this bridge. If they flatten the bridge then that means that this "upgrade" will negatively impact the two best spots for photographing the fireworks. (best spot is dead center of the road at the crest of the hill in the brdige between the hub and Main Street and the second best spot being the little standing area in front of Caseys.)

Fable McCloud

I am sad to see the trees going away. I know they're adding gardens and greenery, but it's going to look so barren with the SHADY trees. I wish this wasn't being done to accommodate people with the fireworks. I saw them just fine from a number of spots around the hub. You can see them. If there is a tree in the corner of your view, suck it up.

Sorry, I just get flustered when people get all entitled and make a fuss. If you can't see, then move. They shouldn't have to remodel just because people are lazy.

ToTBellHop

I am sad to see the trees going away. I know they're adding gardens and greenery, but it's going to look so barren with the SHADY trees. I wish this wasn't being done to accommodate people with the fireworks. I saw them just fine from a number of spots around the hub. You can see them. If there is a tree in the corner of your view, suck it up.

Sorry, I just get flustered when people get all entitled and make a fuss. If you can't see, then move. They shouldn't have to remodel just because people are lazy. And the strollers....ugh.
People being lazy isn't the issue. This issue is they created a hub-centric show with a hub that is too small to allow people to view the show while others are walking.

kap91

Sorry, I just get flustered when people get all entitled and make a fuss. If you can't see, then move. They shouldn't have to remodel just because people are lazy.

Um there are barely if any shady trees in the hub left to remove and it's been this way for a long while. Rest assured you aren't loosing anything. Might not gain anything either but that remains to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToTBellHop

Um there are barely if any shady trees in the hub left to remove and it's been this way for a long while. Rest assured you aren't loosing anything. Might not gain anything either but that remains to be seen.
With the reduction in fencing, you could always crawl under a hedge or topiary for some nice shade. Popcorn kiosks can provide good-smelling shade.

iheartdisney91

That's why they invented PHOTOSHOP!, create a new layer, use the magic wand tool to select the cranes and use the clone tools to replace crane with sky and other appropriate background or select the castle and replace the background using the layer tools...

but thats not the point. Those cranes are an eyesore.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
thank you! Around here Disney gets ridiculed for doing nothing and then ridiculed again when they do something

That is what I am being to see on every tread on this site, Disney is doing nothing, Disney is closing something for rehab and I want to see it, Disney is doing something but not as well as they did before. It looks like Walt Disney World is starting to get some upgrades and now those upgrades are not what some want. I want a new protection show on the castle, but I want trees blocking the view. You can not have it all.

The hub at Walt Disney World as became the center of the evening performances and they had to do something to handle the crowds.

216bruce

That is what I am being to see on every tread on this site, Disney is doing nothing, Disney is closing something for rehab and I want to see it, Disney is doing something but not as well as they did before. It looks like Walt Disney World is starting to get some upgrades and now those upgrades are not what some want. I want a new protection show on the castle, but I want trees blocking the view. You can not have it all.

The hub at Walt Disney World as became the center of the evening performances and they had to do something to handle the crowds.
Good heavens man, ye speak common sense and reason. That sort of thing isn't normally seen in these parts. Seriously, I enjoy your 'take' on things. Nice to hear non-whining.

jdmdisney99

True, but just read the first page of this thread. Mostly positive responses. Though some are negative for the sake of being negative, most have good reason.

WDWDad13

*applause*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom