Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

willtravel

That's right...

Wanna talk about the gated FP+ exclusive viewing areas? Or the regular guests on the road and pathways view?

Your $99 will help pay for it!

Or we could just talk about Everest and Space Mountain or Epcot and DHS...

:D
Are you saying there will be a FP+ exclusive viewing areas that will be an additional charge to stand in?

aladdin2007

The video makes it look fantastic, and I am liking how it looks, as long as they stick to it and dont slash the budget half way through. (meaning plant those flowers and not just fake turf) etc.

dgp602

The original title of this post "Moats around Cinderella Castle to be drained for refurbishment starting tomorrow" doesn't seem to fit with the major refurb that will soon be taking place. We now know that it's more than just scrubbing clean the moats, as the title would suggest. Should a new thread discussing the refurb progress and value be started? I mean, I have questions such as the proposed time table for completion, possible disruption of parade routes, etc... Maybe title it something like " Cinderella hub refurb progress"?

Just a thought...

JerseyDad

If you long for the 2004-2013, man you would have LOVED the 1970s, 80's and 90's at the Magic Kingdom!:) Really!

....I'm sure I would have loved WDW in "the early years". However ...I just didn't have the $$ to ever get there before 2004. That said ...I'm kinda' relieved that I will not have the $$ to get there this year ...or maybe 4 or 5 years to come ...since the youngest daughter is dangerously intelligent ...and has just been accepted to some very prestigious ...and very expensive colleges.

That said, while I lament the loss of large, mature trees, and don't particularly like more pavement, the fact is the hub can be downright dangerous most nights.

If the actual final product includes the level of landscaping as shown in the concept video, it makes this project successful in my eyes.

...the 'danger' of the hub ...as I saw it ...was mostly due to the clod-hoppers that felt compelled to stake out "their" viewing spots ...by spreading blankets or beach towels on the ground. I find that equal to saying "I want a good view of the Empire State Building" ...and accomplishing that by putting a blanket down in the middle of 34th Street ...at rush hour .....during the holiday season.

JerseyDad

Are you saying there will be a FP+ exclusive viewing areas that will be an additional charge to stand in?

....do you think 3 FP+ reservations are enough?

....do you think that WDW thinks that YOU think it is enough?

....do you think that they haven't already planned a roll-out of additional FP+ reservations ...for a 'nominal' fee?

....if you are given 3 FP+ ...and can buy 2 more ....and use one for access to an exclusive viewing area for a parade or fireworks ...do you KNOW ...if the FP+ you used was one of the 'free' ones ...or one that you paid for?

NormC

......kinda' glad I got to see WDW between 2004 and 2013 .....before the powers that be ....took a huge steaming dump on it.

.....is there a 1:1 replacement of green-space with pavement for this project? The more pavement ...the more radiant heating / residual heat generated at days end? I'm guessin' that 'mature trees' are out of the question ...because that will block the views for those precious "prime viewing areas' that will be accessed with added FP+ (which I still insist will cost $$ in the near future).
If you need shade just get behind that big guy on the ECV...........................................................just kidding.

willtravel

....do you think 3 FP+ reservations are enough?

....do you think that WDW thinks that YOU think it is enough?

....do you think that they haven't already planned a roll-out of additional FP+ reservations ...for a 'nominal' fee?

....if you are given 3 FP+ ...and can buy 2 more ....and use one for access to an exclusive viewing area for a parade or fireworks ...do you KNOW ...if the FP+ you used was one of the 'free' ones ...or one that you paid for?
MEWWW. I didn't even use FP to begin with. But I sure as h@^% am not going to pay them more. But I am sure plenty of people will. Don't tell me there is no disposable income...

Cesar R M

That's right...

Wanna talk about the gated FP+ exclusive viewing areas? Or the regular guests on the road and pathways view?

Your $99 will help pay for it!

Or we could just talk about Everest and Space Mountain or Epcot and DHS...

:D
That was some bad burn there.

Not sure if anybody else noticed or mentioned, but it looks like these changes will give a new facade to the two utility buildings to the left and right of the castle in front. They will now match the castle's appearance. They look odd in the video/pic above, I wonder how they'll look when completed. The way they look currently, they almost disappear/blend into the greenery. On a second look, it appears that they might be moving too?

XXJgNbS.jpg
I think someone mentioned this already a few posts ago.

And this reassures my decision to take the next few years off from WDW couldn't be at a better time.
Agree, the year of the thousand refurbs can go with all glory. Hopefully next years most refurbs will be complete and Disney World will be in correct shape again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom