Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Fox&Hound

Slightly off topic: but does anyone know if Disney is planning on planting trees between the mine train ride and the side that faces Pooh and the tea cups. Please feel free to correct me, but it seemed from the aerial shots of NFL like there would be a huge expanse of concrete in this area and some shade trees would really be a nice touch...

wogwog

Looking at the street, it's possible they moved the planter back to enlarge the street too. I sense they're getting ready for something big to turn that corner.
The bypass construction past Tony's gate has picked speed a little bit I hear. Some concrete pillars and such that border the bypass walk way. It will definitely be used this holiday week and maybe a visitor who braves the mobs will post a picture of the construction.

RayTheFirefly

The bypass construction past Tony's gate has picked speed a little bit I hear. Some concrete pillars and such that border the bypass walk way. It will definitely be used this holiday week and maybe a visitor who braves the mobs will post a picture of the construction.
I'll be there this Friday and Saturday, so I can do my best! Where exactly is this, and what should I be looking for?

ABQ

I'll be there this Friday and Saturday, so I can do my best! Where exactly is this, and what should I be looking for?
I think @wogwog is talking about the gate to the overflow bypass right here.
image-jpg.57873

Behind the green construction walls. Please correct if I'm wrong.

ABQ

Also looks like they definitely pulled back the curb a bit there, rounding it off to let something bit round the bend or just prevent people from tripping as they exit out from the bypass at night.

wogwog

I think @wogwog is talking about the gate to the overflow bypass right here.
image-jpg.57873

Behind the green construction walls. Please correct if I'm wrong.
Exactly that. At night they will use it. To exit the park during the evening parades
in order to get past the mob on Main St. guests will enter near Plaza restaurant and exit the by pass in the picture near Tony's. Don't expect beauty but construction as it is a plan in progress. Slow, but progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom