Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

note2001

Are the railing poles (big blocks) to hold some path lighting? It would be very appreciated in the dark with crowds about. I've seen one too many kids / chairs trampled by folk who say they couldn't see.

mm52200

I was just curious if anyone know why in the last few weeks they removed the small trees that had been the center planters of the hub? I know they were tiny but atleast it was some kind of tree and they look really nice at night with the twinkle lights that had been added to them. Just wondering if anyone knew the logic or reasoning behind this.

DGracey

I was just curious if anyone know why in the last few weeks they removed the small trees that had been the center planters of the hub? I know they were tiny but atleast it was some kind of tree and they look really nice at night with the twinkle lights that had been added to them. Just wondering if anyone knew the logic or reasoning behind this.

They were removed after MNSSHP got underway. Word is it was blocking the immense crowds that were forming for Hocus Pocus stage show (ridiculous I know). They needed every inch for sight lines as complaints sky rocketed.

The majority of the hub transformation has been wonderful. However what was done around the Partners statue has been a big fail. It's far too flatlined and barren. Those little shrubs at least provided -some- height. Now it's brutal.

And then there's the non-retractable-but-could-have-been-hidden-if-they-cared light poles. Hope the weaknesses get fixed and come on par with the successes one day!

Disone

They were removed after MNSSHP got underway. Word is it was blocking the immense crowds that were forming for Hocus Pocus stage show (ridiculous I know). They needed every inch for sight lines as complaints sky rocketed.

The majority of the hub transformation has been wonderful. However what was done around the Partners statue has been a big fail. It's far too flatlined and barren. Those little shrubs at least provided -some- height. Now it's brutal.

And then there's the non-retractable-but-could-have-been-hidden-if-they-cared light poles. Hope the weaknesses get fixed and come on par with the successes one day!

Ouch. This makes me sad. I was looking forward to a hub with twinkle lights once again. I know... some of the bigger trees near by still have them but I still view this as a lost. I find it silly that "complaints sky rocketed". I honestly don't buy that there was a mob of angry guests demanding the removal of trees so the show could be seen. That said, it does make me ponder, would I rather have castle shows, or trees. MK has a lot of shows.... I would rather have trees in the hub.

mm52200

Ouch. This makes me sad. I was looking forward to a hub with twinkle lights once again. I know... some of the bigger trees near by still have them but I still view this as a lost. I find it silly that "complaints sky rocketed". I honestly don't buy that there was a mob of angry guests demanding the removal of trees so the show could be seen. That said, it does make me ponder, would I rather have castle shows, or trees. MK has a lot of shows.... I would rather have trees in the hub.
I wonder if the complaints were because of the temporary Spotlight booths and control set up that were blocking views, you know not the trees? Also MK has very few shows, Dream Along With Mickey is the only actual stage show in the park. There's a lot of atmosphere entertainment and parades but the castle shows are the only one of their kind. I just think they should try and put the shrubs back in now that all of the temporary infrastructure is gone and see if people still complain about the views....

Monorail_Red_77

Just back from a day trip to the World on Saturday 10/24. Here's some pics from the hub area. Looks great. now that all scrims are down it looks great in person. turrets add to the castle in my opinion. Also holiday lights have been added to the tech booth turrets as well. I can't wait to see how they look all lit up.

IMG_2532.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG
IMG_2534.JPG
IMG_2536.JPG
IMG_2537.JPG
IMG_2539.JPG

KYgirl

Does anyone know if they kept the Mickey and Minnie topiaries that used to be on the path from the castle to Tommorowland? I loved those and they were such a great photo op!!

fngoofy

Can we get a photo from under the Adventureland entrance sign looking towards the hub? I remember people complaining that you would see all the way to Astro Orbiter from Adventureland and I just don't think that is the case. I was there at the end of Sept. and didn't notice Tomorrowland through the hub, but now that all but the Castle forecourt is done, I would like to see how the sight lines ended up.

DisneyFans4Life

Wow this looks awesome. We will be there this Saturday for MNSSHP and can't wait to see this. We'll also be there on Sunday morning for an 8:15 breakfast reservation, so it'll be nice to get some good pictures of the new hub without guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom