Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

Castle shaped trees I hope.

That's what Walt would have done. Disney used to be about attention to detail and storytelling...

If they were all about detail they would have themed the posts holding up the new bushes and trees that will be there for the next year. At least paint them green before you install them

Cosmic Commando

They are removing the castle and replacing it with trees.
Concept art released:
042213_DatelineDisney_AnimalKingdom_8.1.jpg

TheScreed

Nice video. Seems like Disneyland and Tokyo have no trouble spending a year's Churro cart sales on people to manage the telescopic action (actually it's part of entertainment). Doesn't seem to bother anyone that the drawbridge is managed by folks in EPCOT.

However, that is not what I was questioning when I asked, "It's dark 99% of the time?". To which your response is "they have to be deployed if it rains as well, might as well be 99%.". While this does fit nicely with your narrative, it is not accurate. Facts below:

1) Average number of rainy days over the course of the year is measured over the last 70 years is 110 days. (These days are measured when .01 inches of precipitation which is a low threshold.)

2) A year is 365 days colloquially. 110 days is less that 1/3 of a year.

3) Days of full sun 90. Days of partly sunny 147. All days with sun 236.

There are several other things that can be measured (such as hours of sun per day) but that would prove unproductive and add little to facts. There is lots of total rain in Orlando (around 53 inches per year). With that said however, "99% of the time" holds no water.

*1023*

Thank you for clearing that up! For a while there I thought the lights were used literally 99% of the time, but this really set me straight. I also appreciate the way you highlighted your pun at the end, drawing my attention to it so I could enjoy it. I look forward to more of your "well actually" posts.

Let this be a lesson to all of you who use exaggeration as a rhetorical technique -- 1023 is out there, he has access to Google and possibly a calculator, and he's ready to take you down!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Fair reader please duly note that the "rhetorical techniques" employed by @TheScreed seem to rely on sarcasm and attacking the poster, not the factual information. Refuting someone on a "factual basis" to bring into clarity a hyperbolic and specious argument is not an ad hominem attack.

However, factually, I do use google and have a calculator. So either @TheScreed has deduced that anyone using an electronic device to post on an internet forum has these tools or I need to start looking for @TheScreed 's surveillance devices.

*1023*

As an aside, in response to:
he's ready to take you down!
I only wanted to take down the light poles via retractable means when they are not needed so they are not highlighted in my photos.

EDITED for bad typing...

Last edited:

note2001

my honest opinion...i wish they didn't do castle lights.
Castle lights are fine, they're there for safety reasons, so bats don't fly into an unlit castle as they're blinded by Elsa's shine. I just wish they'd telescope up out of the ground when they're needed ;)

Oh, wait... bats are blind.

halltd

Castle lights are fine, they're there for safety reasons, so bats don't fly into an unlit castle as they're blinded by Elsa's shine. I just wish they'd telescope up out of the ground when they're needed ;)

Oh, wait... bats are blind.
I think the lights being referred to are the holiday "net" lights hung on the castle every year with the crane. Those can't retract. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom