Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

DisneyNick

45 Star Flags on Main Street. Lovely detail by Disney.

Main Street USA is set at the turn of the last century, when the US was made up of 45 States and therefore had 45 stars on the flag. It's perfect set dressing.

From what I remember the flags in Liberty Square have 13 stars, again appropriate for the time period. I want to say that even in the Carousel of Progress, in the July 4th scene, that they have the correct flag for that time period too.

It is amazing how many WWII movies use the 50 star flag and not the 48. Pretty easy to spot, on the 48 star flag the stars in a perfect grid pattern.

titan1um

I believe the front of the stage (but maybe not the ramps) will be completed before Friday, September 11. The Night of Joy event will be there and there will be bands performing at the castle.

Monorail_Red_77

Haven't those always been there?

Yes they have. It was a post about another post about the flags on the castle and how they have changed over the years.
Biggest thing was that the color of the castle pennants have changed from multi colored to all gold ones. So now since they match the color of the spires, in no wind it looks like the pennants are no longer there. Unless of course you are paying attention and look real close. ;)

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

45 Star Flags on Main Street. Lovely detail by Disney.

Main Street USA is set at the turn of the last century, when the US was made up of 45 States and therefore had 45 stars on the flag. It's perfect set dressing.

From what I remember the flags in Liberty Square have 13 stars, again appropriate for the time period. I want to say that even in the Carousel of Progress, in the July 4th scene, that they have the correct flag for that time period too.

It is amazing how many WWII movies use the 50 star flag and not the 48. Pretty easy to spot, on the 48 star flag the stars in a perfect grid pattern.

Yep, my dad likes to watch old western films. He picks out all the scenes where there are power lines in the scene when the setting was supposed to be before there was electricity.

phi2134

Something about the stones on the stage never sat well with me, they seem too bright or looked too new to match with the castle. It looks like the new towers have the same look. It might just be the distance from the castle that dulls its color and sharpness, but something seems weird.

JohnWD

Something about the stones on the stage never sat well with me, they seem too bright or looked too new to match with the castle. It looks like the new towers have the same look. It might just be the distance from the castle that dulls its color and sharpness, but something seems weird.
When I was there a couple of days ago it all looked great!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, September 4. An update photo of the castle forecourt, taken since @wdwmagic news post. The outer ring of the emblem design has been poured. All that remains to be done is the actual star emblem itself. As noted in a post above, except for the two ramps, I believe the forecourt will be ready soon.

IMG_6099.JPG

Castle stage shows were being performed today, with the low construction wall still in place. Guests can easily view the show on stage over the low wall.

IMG_6084.JPG

Details are appearing on the new hub kiosk on the right side: turned white columns and a copper rain gutter.

IMG_6098.JPG

Just off the hub, at the bypass exit near The Plaza Restaurant, a construction scrim has appeared around the back of the buildings.

IMG_6101.JPG

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

It's dark 99% of the time?

*1023*
they have to be deployed if it rains as well, might as well be 99%. and contrary to popular opinion, the telescoping elements are not automatic, there has to be a CM spotter to make sure nothing happens and no one is in the way... so more cost, more payroll - every time it has to extend and retract? all for a small group of people fussing about infrastructure that really only appears in pictures, that the minds eye unconsciously blocks in person?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So it would seem as if the front of the stage, but not the ramps, will be done by the first party on the 15th, correct? Or do they still hope to have the ramps done as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom